Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Originally posted by berbs91 View Post
    Roll and his two line mates would be interesting.
    Jelly and Sugar
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

• Re: The Official 2013 Oswego State Post/Pre-Season Thread - "Love All, Serve All"...

Bateman and Rodrigues Named Oswego State Senior Athletes of the Year

http://athletics.oswego.edu/news/201...507132814.aspx
      LakerEagleLover

Comment

I've been looking at some of the stats and history for this new goalie that Oswego grabbed from the CCHL. This guy brought his team to two league championships in a row and won one.

I'm pretty impressed. A lot of potential for this guy. I wouldn't be surprised to see him putting a good bit of time in between the posts next season.

Comment

Originally posted by toto238 View Post
          I've been looking at some of the stats and history for this new goalie that Oswego grabbed from the CCHL. This guy brought his team to two league championships in a row and won one.

I'm pretty impressed. A lot of potential for this guy. I wouldn't be surprised to see him putting a good bit of time in between the posts next season.
          well we do have a few dmen coming back, but with the loss of soooooomuch scoring and what we have coming back up front we will need a goalie to stand on his head night in and night out,we will not be scoring as much as b4, and from what this incoming class looks like on paper so far not to much scoring ..

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            well we do have a few dmen coming back, but with the loss of soooooomuch scoring and what we have coming back up front we will need a goalie to stand on his head night in and night out,we will not be scoring as much as b4, and from what this incoming class looks like on paper so far not to much scoring ..
            Here you have a school that lost the last 2 National Title games and there seems to be a shortage of new recruits when it's common knowledge Oswego is losing a lot of players & has that beautiful rink. Does anyone have a theory as to what's going on, because I'm baffled?

Comment

Originally posted by Miner's Mark View Post
              Here you have a school that lost the last 2 National Title games and there seems to be a shortage of new recruits when it's common knowledge Oswego is losing a lot of players & has that beautiful rink. Does anyone have a theory as to what's going on, because I'm baffled?

$$$$$$$$$
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Miner's Mark View Post
                Loss of the $48,000 international student scholarship for athletes might have a part to play. Though we won't know how good we did on recruiting till everyone is on campus. we may have a few really good players we haven't heard about yet.
                Last edited by OSU2010; 05-13-2013, 01:24 PM.
                http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

dont know much about the $$$ thing, but whomever comes in will get a lot of chances/icetime..that said in looking at the average roster size in the SUNYS,it is 27 players.. as stated b4 ..we have 10 coming back.....12 on recruit lists....not all may return from last yr....some recruits may not enroll...and we still need 5 more to hit the average.. and man platty looks on paper to have a stellar class coming in......yes you would think that our last few yrs would bring in only the top guys.......who knows lets enjoy the summer for sure first...Wildwood... Niagra Falls and ...Sesame Place at least 5 times im sure

Comment

I think the freshman to watch will be Josh Timpano, Manny Gialedakis, and Alex D'Oliveira. D'Oliveira looks like hes a Zack Josepher type defensemen.
                    http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

The lack of news does have me worried. Hopefully we get some more guys soon.
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
                        I think the freshman to watch will be Josh Timpano, Manny Gialedakis, and Alex D'Oliveira. D'Oliveira looks like hes a Zack Josepher type defensemen.
                        Dman Scott mckenzie 6' 3" 200 played 11 games at D1 canisius, and forward Brandon Adams 5 11 200lbs played a few Games at D1 Holy Cross, lets hope they have skills,doesnt always mean they will be top players due to D1 experience

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          $$$$$$$$$
                          While the timing of the college's shift in financial incentives impacted the women's program - they still managed to make the playoffs with a very short bench - there was no real evidence it significantly impacted last spring's returning roster or the recruits on the men's side. Having said that, the current coaching staff has never been very forthcoming about recruits and don't talk - at all - about their roster until it is posted on the athletics website... I wrong to consider this lack of information on incoming players something other than business as usual? (it would not be the first time...that I am wrong...about this...or other things...yeah)
                          LakerEagleLover

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                            While the timing of the college's shift in financial incentives impacted the women's program - they still managed to make the playoffs with a very short bench - there was no real evidence it significantly impacted last spring's returning roster or the recruits on the men's side. Having said that, the current coaching staff has never been very forthcoming about recruits and don't talk - at all - about their roster until it is posted on the athletics website... I wrong to consider this lack of information on incoming players something other than business as usual? (it would not be the first time...that I am wrong...about this...or other things...yeah)
                            You are digging way to deep into this. Losing financial packages does not pit you in the cellar. Oswego has much more going for them then most average DIII schools. And please no slamming from former hockey parents but "most" of the time if you've put your child through hockey, the most expensive sport around except maybe auto racing, the extra couple grand is doable. You also had a LARGE core of seniors on a mission. Paying a little extra for a year wasn't going to alter the course.

The issue becomes when Player X who doesn't have that finacial backing to fall back on at home/self is choosing between school A and B, especially if A and B are similar. No longer does Oswego have that "extra" to attract the 5-star recruits. Will they get a couple? Sure. Will they have the "best line (s) in DIII hockey" doubtful. Oswego will still be a top 15-20 team. But I think with the power shifting north into Clinton County Oswego will go back to being rhat "other" SUNYAC team with a nice rink.
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              You are digging way to deep into this. Losing financial packages does not pit you in the cellar. Oswego has much more going for them then most average DIII schools. And please no slamming from former hockey parents but "most" of the time if you've put your child through hockey, the most expensive sport around except maybe auto racing, the extra couple grand is doable. You also had a LARGE core of seniors on a mission. Paying a little extra for a year wasn't going to alter the course.

The issue becomes when Player X who doesn't have that finacial backing to fall back on at home/self is choosing between school A and B, especially if A and B are similar. No longer does Oswego have that "extra" to attract the 5-star recruits. Will they get a couple? Sure. Will they have the "best line (s) in DIII hockey" doubtful. Oswego will still be a top 15-20 team. But I think with the power shifting north into Clinton County Oswego will go back to being rhat "other" SUNYAC team with a nice rink.
                              man yes hockey is big bucks,dont think I ever got a present as a kid that wasnt hockey related......again dont know much about the financial/$$$ thing but at least last yr we didnt lose any guys after all that went on with it so that cant be to bad.......we will have to wait and see what happens and who shows up, but we all know this WILL be a rebuilding yr for sure,but im sure still fun to watch......

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                                man yes hockey is big bucks,dont think I ever got a present as a kid that wasnt hockey related......again dont know much about the financial/$$$ thing but at least last yr we didnt lose any guys after all that went on with it so that cant be to bad.......we will have to wait and see what happens and who shows up, but we all know this WILL be a rebuilding yr for sure,but im sure still fun to watch......

Here we go.....

come on bak....you're trying to compare 30+ years ago....of course leather skates and leather helmets weren't that expensive back then.

It's really not that hard to explain....(Note these numbers are just tossed up in the air but its a general idea)

Prior years
                                Tuition: $10,000
                                FA Package: -$4,000
                                Total Cost: $6,000 per year

Now
                                Tuition: $10,000
                                FA Package: $0
                                Total Cost: $10,000 per year

Now why was it not a big deal last year? Like I said you had 18? seniors who had just 1 year left to suck up that $4,000....

Newcomers

Prior Years
                                Tuition: $10,000 x 4 = $40,000
                                FA Package: -$4,000 x 4 = -$16,000
                                Total Cost: $24,000

Tuition: $10,000 x 4 = $40,000
                                FA Package: $0
                                Total Cost: $40,000

Prior Years Tuition : $24,000
                                Now with no aide : $40,000

Is Oswego still a great college for $40,000? Yes. HOWEVER

When School B, who is similiar academics, hockey status (top team ect), is offering a 4 year tuition cost of the still $24,000 ....saving $16,000 is HUGE is some/most peoples eyes...thus players who, when $$$ was equal, would have became a Laker in a heartbeat, now will take a second and third look at other schools to save some $$$.

My point was last year a $4,000 hit is tough (as some of the girls found), but for those 18 seniors who were on a mission, $4,000 well spent. NOW you are asking new players to cough up an extra $16,000 then at other schools (of similar rank/value). For some and extra $16,000 isn't a "big deal"....for others, they can't/don't want to spend the extra $16,000 and will go to another school who IS still offering the $4,000 FA package.

This DOES NOT affect aide for New York kids however, and we will really see just how good of a coach Gosek is if he doesn't get his 5-star recruits and has to coach a bunch of "B" players. Oswego will still find a "diamond in the rough" but loading up on 5-star recruits is probably not going to happen. State schools are highly affected by the loss of this more so then private schools who has more ability to "tinker" with tuition and FA packages as long as it's divided equally (see NCHA/WIAC split)
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X