Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any BOLD Predictions to make? Get em on record here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any BOLD Predictions to make? Get em on record here.

Ok, this might be a little late to start this thread, and I'm not sure if there is another thread like this. But my idea is a thread where no arguing or discussing is involved, no smart alec remarks, just any BOLD predictions you got to make from now until the Champ is Crowned.

I'm picking a ff of Overrated and a ff of Underrated teams for the tourney.

Overrated teams - Miami, Union, Boston College & Dartmouth.

I've already gone on record saying I think MSU will take at least a game from Miami, but I think the CCHA is so weak, MU might still win their conf tourney. Where they will really be exposed is in the NCAA tourney.

BC might stumble before the tourney and drop in the PWR, but if they don't, they won't live up to their rating in the Dance.

Union's on the bubble, and I'm not sure they're going to get in, but if they do, they won't go far, one and done for sure.

Dartmouth looks to be just outside the bubble with a shot at getting in. I don't think its going to happen. I don't think they'll get close.

Underrated teams - Mn St-Mankato, Wisconsin, CC and well, I can't hardly go with all WCHA teams, though I think it would be warranted, but I'll go with Providence.

All 3 of my WCHA teams being in the same conf is going to make it hard for all of them to move up from where they are before the NCAA tourney, so I guess all I can do is say that

CC will be a surprise in the WCHA conf tourney, but probably will still come up short of getting into the tourney.

Wisconsin should make a good run at moving up into the Tourney field of 16 and if they make it, they won't be an easy out.

Mn St-Mankato could win the WCHA Conf Tourney, but if they don't, watch for them as a contender to be making the FF.

Providence is a long shot to get into the Dance, but I think they'll surprise in the Conf tourney and make a run at it. If they do make it, well, it was a stretch calling them an overrated team, so I am not saying they'll do much once getting in, though.

Conf predictions - CCHA will disappoint and WCHA will dominate. Simple as that.

I'll admit these are not very precise predictions, but they're on record now.
    I'll make some more precise predictions as well at a later date.

Re: Any BOLD Predictions to make? Get em on record here.

UAA will score a goal in their series with Jan.

Comment

Kyle Rau will NOT dive.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

My bold prediction: You are probably not Miami's biggest fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Back2BackU-MnPride2002 View Post
          I'll make some more precise predictions as well at a later date.
          Prediction: Your precise predictions won't be that precise.
          NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

I should have said, "No witty one liners, just straight up predictions", but then I wouldn't be laughing right now as some of the funny sh1t you guys come up with. Carry on.

Oh wait, I have one more prediction. Back2BackU-UMnPride2002 will post at least ONE long winded post about how glorious Minnesota hockey is.

Yeah, I know, REALLY going out on a limb there.

Comment

Omaha wont allow 13 goals this weekend.
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Well, lets see here?! How are my predictions looking right now?!

Said Miami would lose at least one to MSU. And yep. Already got that one nailed. OVERRATED!!!!!!!!

Said Providence would surprise, and not sure winning just the first game is yet considered a surprise, but its a lot closer to a surprise than if they had lost tonight?!

Comment

My prediction of UAA scoring a goal was dead on, I'm good like that.

Comment

What are your thought on Quinnipiac Oz?
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

I know its after the first game, but I picked Cornell to beat Q 2 games to 1 in their weekend series (in the ECAC pick 'em thread). Not over yet, but good start for Cornell. I don't think it helps teams to have a week off before playing a best of three against a team who played in a best of three the week before. See Ferris St in the CCHA tourney last year, and Miami and Q tonight. Also I predict that at least one team from Minnesota will make the Final Five.

Comment

Rather than simply breaking a Tech player's collarbone as he did tonight, Andrew MacWilliam will break a Husky in half on Saturday.
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          Rather than simply breaking a Tech player's collarbone as he did tonight, Andrew MacWilliam will break a Husky in half on Saturday.
                          Is Kevin Wehrs suiting up for Tech tomorrow night?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            And not being satisfied with a TKO, Petan will drop a linesman with a fake jab and a wicked uppercut.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              Kyle Rau will NOT dive.

That's crazy talk right there, that's what that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X