This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread III

We've booked a room and hope to book flights today. I'm waiting to hear back from Scott D. regarding when/where the school will be getting a ticket allotment. I've been checking out ticket availability via the NCAA Exchange site as well but would really like to sit with UML fans if possible. Anyone secured seats yet?

Comment

Originally posted by ULowell'81 View Post
      We've booked a room and hope to book flights today. I'm waiting to hear back from Scott D. regarding when/where the school will be getting a ticket allotment. I've been checking out ticket availability via the NCAA Exchange site as well but would really like to sit with UML fans if possible. Anyone secured seats yet?
      If you want to save some money you'll be able to pick up tickets outside the arena for pennies on the dollar guaranteed.

Comment

Each of the 4 schools gets an allotment of decent seats usually in the lower bowl corners. That should be your first choice if you can secure them through UML. You sit in the UML section with better than average seats. Usually season ticket holders get first option. Otherwise there is a big secondary market here on USCHO and even sometimes the NCAA releases extra seats from schools not taking their full allotment. Watch the NCAA site for that in a few days. Also BC fans have been going for years and there may be some available there as well. Check the BC boards here as well as on Eagle Action http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/forum.asp?fid=1312 as there is a free hockey board that already has one ticket offer out.

Comment

congrats UML , fantastic team. I'm quite sure all HE fans are behind you. Best of luck and bring that trophy home!

Comment

Thank you MF and BC/HE for the ticket information.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              looking forward to meeting a whole lot of you guys out there... but first things first... finding a good hotel.

Guys, I have government rate for hotel but we'll see how far that'll get me. I prefer to team up with those I trust first. I'm thinking either late Wednesday or early thursday arrival.

I'm tired, sore, and well my bed isn't much help... get back to DC... what a whirlwind.

edit: already realizing gov't rate won't help... does anybody know if the university will have a package or options to string together.... staying close to the activity is going to be tough.
              Downtown Pittsburgh will cost you. Have you thought about the burbs? When I went to the FF, I never stayed downtown and the burbs saved me some coin.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Downtown Pittsburgh will cost you. Have you thought about the burbs? When I went to the FF, I never stayed downtown and the burbs saved me some coin.
                I'm talking w some of the other fans right now... Downtown is absolutely nearly ruled out... For me it's access than anything else.

I'm also trying to see if I can finagle something at CMU Friday so I can save a day of work... Seminar, discussion, something.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  Who's heading to Pittsburgh?
                  I booked my flight an hour ago. Two of my friends are driving from CT. We're looking at hotels in the Monroeville area (10 miles east of downtown) using a Friends and Family discount.

Comment

are bucco and wallin hurt?

Comment

• Originally posted by zena View Post
                      are bucco and wallin hurt?
                      What makes you say that?
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        What makes you say that?

box scores.

Comment

This is simply a ride I don't want to end.

Unfortunately, I will be away on a business trip during the week of the Frozen Four that has a fixed deadline

For those going to Pittsburgh, check the availability on hotels near a shopping mall called "South Hills Village" about 7-10 miles to the southwest. There is a light rail station within walking distance that will take you into downtown and may save you a few bucks for parking and the such.

By the way...bonus points to the person who can spot a really egregious error in this document.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...hockey_coaches
                          Last edited by John_Fuller; 03-31-2013, 02:27 PM.
                          - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

• I will be there along with 8 of my closes friends and family. We got every year but this one is going to be so special. We rent a house in the suburbs. If there is enough in your group, look into going that root. We got a five bedroom house with a pool table and such for $155 per person for five nights!

Can't believe we are doing this!! Go Lowell!!

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                              This is simply a ride I don't want to end.

Unfortunately, I will be away on a business trip during the week of the Frozen Four that has a fixed deadline

For those going to Pittsburgh, check the availability on hotels near a shopping mall called "South Hills Village" about 7-10 miles to the southwest. There is a light rail station within walking distance that will take you into downtown and may save you a few bucks for parking and the such.

By the way...bonus points to the person who can spot a really egregious error in this document.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...hockey_coaches
                              Well then I didnt know Norm was Amherst's coach...
                              I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

• I have room and flight booked awhile ago. I was going no matter who played. You get the best deals on flights if you book on Tuesday after 3:00 pm. I am staying at the marriott downtown right across from rhe arena. GO RIVERHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X