X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread III

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    My cup runneth over. It was the neatest thing to see Mr les raise the trophy.
    Yes, yes it was. So happy to see him get that, that was one of my highlights ... guy that's been with the program forever.

All I can say is that I'm just so f'in proud of this school and this team. To see Riley get the chance to hold that up, after having to suffer the 5-win season ... just amazing.

It was slightly dusty in the stadium last night ... just slightly.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Yes, yes it was. So happy to see him get that, that was one of my highlights ... guy that's been with the program forever.

All I can say is that I'm just so f'in proud of this school and this team. To see Riley get the chance to hold that up, after having to suffer the 5-win season ... just amazing.

It was slightly dusty in the stadium last night ... just slightly.
      Only regret is I was wondering how the ever excitable Bob Ellis was reacting to it all... but I didn't have headphones with me so that wasn't an option.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Last night's highlights with 1st/2nd period intermission commentary and 3rd period highlights-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtYlc...ure=youtu.be&a

Post-game awards, picks up right after Lowell players storm ice -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iPr1...ure=youtu.be&a
        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Should just be basking in the glow but couldn't help taking a peak at Wisconsin. Winners of 6 straight, 11-3 in last 14. It's arguable that this matches up the 2 hottest teams in the country. Similar seasons too with rough starts against strong teams then caught fire and didn't look back. While we were on our 9 game win streak in dec and jan, they won 7 straight. WI might be tougher than the other 3 possible 2cnd round opponents MN State, Denver and NH.

Comment

Awesome win and a gritty performance by the Hawks. Can't believe how far the program and university has come in just the last few years. Have always been proud to be a Lowell fan but this weekend (and hopefully the next few weeks to come) are going to be the proudest I've ever been. The UML crowd was electric all weekend and I'm sure it'll carry on to ManchVegas next weekend.

Can we get a Bobby Orr like statue outside of Tsongas with Scott Wilson's goal on Friday or Derek Arnold's on Saturday?

U! M! L! See ya at the SportsZone tonight!
            UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN 13h
              Bazin: "There comes a time when you have to say 'why not Lowell?' And that's this year."
              Yes...
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
                Awesome win and a gritty performance by the Hawks. Can't believe how far the program and university has come in just the last few years. Have always been proud to be a Lowell fan but this weekend (and hopefully the next few weeks to come) are going to be the proudest I've ever been. The UML crowd was electric all weekend and I'm sure it'll carry on to ManchVegas next weekend.

Can we get a Bobby Orr like statue outside of Tsongas with Scott Wilson's goal on Friday or Derek Arnold's on Saturday?

U! M! L! See ya at the SportsZone tonight!
                Speaking of things i'd like to see... NBCSports showed a clip of the 94 championship... I suppose its been long eaten by mothballs but it was cool seeing a clip of Bazin playing.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

On a different note, I'm going to have to do some logistics things... I haven't bought plane tix yet because I don't want to be wrong but if we're playing early Friday in Manchester I may need some help getting there. My father doesn't get out of work until later on. I may end up needing to rent a car but if I can avoid it then I won't.

So, while I doubt anybody is coming from the direction of Fitchburg at the same time, if you are then I'd be appreciative... dad and I can go on Saturday (permitting we win, of course).

---

If we some how end up in Providence, the above is moot.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

If you're like me ... and looking to read/see as much as possible about this...

College Hockey News, The Takeaway

Globe, "Why not Lowell?"

I have to say, this quote really confuses me, since ... you know ... Matt's not on this team.
                    “That’s a feeling guys are always going to remember,” forward Matt Ferreira said then. “And a feeling we don’t want again.”
                    Another story from the Globe, about Hellebuyck.

Globe's game story.

The beasts of Hockey East, Lowell Sun.
                    Ha!
                    "I never liked history," Bazin said before the game. "It was one of those classes I avoided like the plague."
                    Boston Herald.

TIIL.
                    Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      If you're like me ... and looking to read/see as much as possible about this...

College Hockey News, The Takeaway

Globe, "Why not Lowell?"

I have to say, this quote really confuses me, since ... you know ... Matt's not on this team.

Another story from the Globe, about Hellebuyck.

Globe's game story.

The beasts of Hockey East, Lowell Sun.
                      Ha!
                      Boston Herald.

TIIL.
                      If you take a look at the Ferreira quote, it says "then" and it's a quote from last year that they used as a comparison to the disappointment last season of losing in the quarters to PC. I did a double-take too though when I first read it earlier today.
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        My cup runneth over. It was the neatest thing to see Mr les raise the trophy.
                        That was so cool, Wetmore gave it to him first to hold up, a tribute to all he's done for the program and the ups/downs through the years.
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                          If you take a look at the Ferreira quote, it says "then" and it's a quote from last year that they used as a comparison to the disappointment last season of losing in the quarters to PC. I did a double-take too though when I first read it earlier today.
                          Ah, that makes more sense.
                          Monty

Comment

Love that quote from Bazin about history...

Comment

I was afraid I’d dreamt that UML had won the HE Championship but the “Change at the top” heading above the fold of my Boston Globe sports section this morning was the pinch I needed to confirm it really happened. The UMASS Lowell Riverhawks are the 2013 HE Champions; how surreal. I did not think I’d ever see the day where UML hockey would achieve this level of success in Division 1. Not for a lack of heart mind you but for all the obvious reasons. It should send an emphatic message to Merrimack, Providence, etc (OK…maybe not ZooMESS) that it is possible. What’s most gratifying is there’s no reason to believe this is a Cinderella story; we're a program on the rise and the future looks promising.

A big thank you to Chancellor Meehan for his continuing efforts to improve and advance the entire institution. Ditto Scott Donnelly, Ted Priestly, and all in the marketing and media relations departments. Friday and Saturday night in particular felt like home games; something I wouldn’t believe possible if I hadn’t witnessed it myself. No matter where we ventured after the game last night the streets were filled with Lowell fans; high fives from Causeway and Canal to the North End.

Congratulations to Coach Bazin and the Hawkey team for writing a new chapter of Lowell Tech/Lowell State/University of Lowell/UMASS Lowell hockey. You’ve somehow managed to etch yourselves into our hearts while simultaneously taking years off our lives night after night. I’m looking forward to more heart palpitations next weekend and hopefully the weekend after.

Lastly congratulations to all the Chiefs and Riverhawks fans; both the long suffering and newly minted. I have had a blast meeting and talking with many of you over the course of the season, at the Garden (Section 22), and at the Beerworks after the game. As an aside I particularly enjoyed a brief conversation with an indignant non-UML fan at the Beerworks who when informed we’d beaten BU stated: “Jack Parker will still get them to the Final Four” to which I replied: “Only if he buys them tickets.” I look forward to seeing you all in Manchester and beyond.

The UMASS Lowell Riverhawks are the 2013 HE Champions. Surreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                Speaking of things i'd like to see... NBCSports showed a clip of the 94 championship... I suppose its been long eaten by mothballs but it was cool seeing a clip of Bazin playing.
                                NBC Sports network was blacked out here, apparently because NESN has the territorial rights. I was hoping to watch them to avoid having to listen to Tom Caron. The good news was, he only said
                                "SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!" once. My ears were spared...

Comment

Working...
                                X