X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread III

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Yeah same here. We've been screwed so many times in the past on everything that even if we win tonight, I'll still be afraid Bertagna will find some obscure clause and give the trophy to Parker as a retirement gift. Or slink into the locker room like he did in Providence to avoid giving it to us on the ice.
    I know the majority of UMass Lowell fans are convinced of conspiracies and what not, but the reason Bertagna gave the trophy in the locker room at Providence is VERY simple. It was a game AT Providence. I was in the press box that night and in the locker room after and that is how it was explained. Dana Skinner and associate AD Eric Allen were both in locker room and both very pleased how it was handled. It was no grand conspiracy to lessen UML.
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

The Ice is Life has tonight's preview up as well as a new Two Minutes Hate. What's the over/under on how long it takes some BU fans to post, tweet, or otherwise not get it?

http://theiceislife.wordpress.com/
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
        Yeah same here. We've been screwed so many times in the past on everything that even if we win tonight, I'll still be afraid Bertagna will find some obscure clause and give the trophy to Parker as a retirement gift. Or slink into the locker room like he did in Providence to avoid giving it to us on the ice.
        Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        I know the majority of UMass Lowell fans are convinced of conspiracies and what not, but the reason Bertagna gave the trophy in the locker room at Providence is VERY simple. It was a game AT Providence. I was in the press box that night and in the locker room after and that is how it was explained. Dana Skinner and associate AD Eric Allen were both in locker room and both very pleased how it was handled. It was no grand conspiracy to lessen UML.
        Well that saved some typing. According to Mr les the trophy is never awarded in the away rink. The reason the boys got it was because Provicid1! was also in contention otherwise the trophy wouldn't have been there. They broke with tradition to give it to them in the first place and I respect that they didn't do so in front of the home crowd on their Sr night. The team didn't have a problem with the way it happened. They were happy to get it that night.

Comment

One more thing I'll say about Bertagna, he talked to media after 2nd intermission regarding 2013-14 schedule. He reiterated the need to make sure the non BCS/traditional powers get treated right with the new alignment. In other words, make sure that teams like Lowell, Merrimack, etc don't just get paid to go to North Dakota, Michigan, etc without a return trip.

I've been displeased for years with how the lesser known programs have their games officiated. Just like in football and basketball, it seems that BC/BU always get the calls in their favor. It's the same in football and basketball. Think Duke doesn't get the benefit of the doubt against BC in ACC basketball?
          https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
          Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

What a great game!!!!!
            U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
            UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

is all that really needs to be said right now!

Comment

Great job! On to the dance.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Yaaaaa!!

Comment

Congrats to UML!
                    The Chicago Blackhawks - your 2009-2010 Stanley Cup Champions!!

Comment

Well done RiverHawks
                      2009 Hockey East Tournament Finalists
                      2012 NCAA Final 8
                      2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions
                      2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions

Comment

Guess you didn't get screwed tonight, huh? Congrats to UML and good luck in NCAAs. Carry the Hockey East banner proudly!!

Comment

Great game by both teams.. well done Lowell!
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by hawkeyman39 View Post
                            is all that really needs to be said right now!
                            **** right, John, will I see you next week?

Momma, ima comin' home!

U! M! L! UML! UML!!!
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Wait what happened, i blacked out.
                              "We are all River Hawks"

Comment

Looking at Wisconsin Friday night.

Comment

Working...