• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
    The math geeks have proven that.
    Well then I guess that settles that.

Staring at a clock we have about...78 hours to go
    I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

• Re: UMass Lowell '12/'13 Season Thread III

Some stuff from today's press conference, from Bazin:

Scott McLaughlin ‏@smclaughlin9
      Bazin says Wetmore is an even better person off ice than on it. Was fortunate to have him around to help program's transition.
      Scott McLaughlin ‏@smclaughlin9
      Bazin says his team is still working through film from Fri and Sat- hasn't gotten to PC's game on Sun yet.
      Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN
      Bazin: "Kid in net for (PC) has had an outstanding season. We feel our guy is playing well also. Good to see HEA full of good frosh goalies"
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
        Well then I guess that settles that.

Staring at a clock we have about...78 hours to go
        Yup, not that we're counting. Over on the Bracketology thread (the one 'sticky' thread), they've really been going at the numbers bigtime. It's fascinating stuff, and glad they're doing it so I can not sprain my brain doing it myself. If I read it correctly, we have about a 26% change of being a #1 seed (#3 or 4 overall). It all starts with us winning what we can, and hope that the rest takes care of itself.

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Some stuff from today's press conference, from Bazin:
        Thanks Monty
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Strangely, I don't feel as worried about the semis and finals than I did back during the end of the RS.

Oh well that will change when I see who the refs are on friday
          I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

• Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
            Strangely, I don't feel as worried about the semis and finals than I did back during the end of the RS.

Oh well that will change when I see who the refs are on friday
            Hard not to worry about that but I'm trying not to.

Just got an email from the Tsongas, saying that the tix will be avail for pickup at the Harp until they leave for the Garden to be setup by 4p. Figure that'll put them at the Harp until 3:40 - 3:50. It should make life a bit easier on some of us.
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              Speaking of disrespect, your timing couldn't have been more perfect. Check out The Ice Is Life's most recent installment of "This Week In Disrespect." Pretty much takes a flamethrower to the media -

http://theiceislife.wordpress.com/20...ate/#more-2059

For example, I had no idea NESN and WEEI media personality Dale Arnold scored the winner for UML in OT Friday.
              Regarding the rankings, I'll never forget that a few years ago, BU was playing UML on NESN. UML was ranked at the time (albeit ranked fairly low, something like No. 17) and BU was unranked but receiving votes. So NESN billed the game at #17 UML vs. #23 BU.

There are two categories, ranked and unranked.

Comment

• Originally posted by HawksSk860 View Post
                Regarding the rankings, I'll never forget that a few years ago, BU was playing UML on NESN. UML was ranked at the time (albeit ranked fairly low, something like No. 17) and BU was unranked but receiving votes. So NESN billed the game at #17 UML vs. #23 BU.

There are two categories, ranked and unranked.
                I remember watching that game, the riverhawks were catching fire as the season came to an end, and the only way they could have made the NCAA tournament was winning that game, they got some bs calls against them that game and ended up losing just 1-0.

Comment

I think we're thinking of different games. You're thinking of the '09 HEA Final, where BU was definitely ranked. I'm thinking of some regular season contest

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                    Speaking of disrespect, your timing couldn't have been more perfect. Check out The Ice Is Life's most recent installment of "This Week In Disrespect." Pretty much takes a flamethrower to the media -

http://theiceislife.wordpress.com/20...ate/#more-2059
                    Here is me chiming in with my own little rant:

I realize there is so much disrespect out there it’s impossible to keep track of it all but I’m surpised you didn’t mention USCHO.com David Hendrickson’s HEA Semis Blog from 3/18. The guy prattles on and on for over 400 words about over rated (my words, not his) BC and underacheiving (again, me) BU. York’s eye, Parker’s last season, sniff sniff, great theater, end of an era, boo hoo, blah, blah, blah. Hendrickson reserves over 100 words to talk about the also rans in the HEA tournament. UNH who is in the midst of one of the biggest flops in college hockey history (me not him, of course) gets a mention and Hendrickson sheds a few tears for Maine, Vermont and Merrimack who managed to muster up 9 goals in 6 games while getting their lowly buttocks swept out of the tournament.

Grudgingly it seems, Hendrickson dedicates 93 words to the Lowell – Providence game. 93 words on Lowell, who squashed Maine like the backwoods mosquitos they are, outscoring them 6-3 and outshooting them 73-45 and Providence who knocked off NH, a team who’s coach played for a tie when it cost him home ice and who will undoubtedly be a first round patsy for some lucky team in the NCAAs as a host team. Does Hendrickson mention Lowell is the hottest team in the whole country? Lowell’s national ranking or spot in the PWR? That we have the 4th highest winning % in D1 hockey? The fact we have already clinched an NCAA birth and are playing for a #1 regional seed? Does he mention the UML- PC game matches up the top 2 goalies in HEA, who also happen to be freshmen? Nope, I guess none of that stuff is interesting. Instead Hendrickson aptly points out that UML and PC played each other last weekend. Mmm hmm, good to know, as if anyone didn’t already. He then goes on to say we’re strangers to the Garden compared to allmighty BU and BC and that it’s been 12 years since UML and PC have both made the semis, as if that’s some tasty well researched nugget instead of a totally irrelevant and boring waste of bytes.

The most inexplicably disrespectful sentence in the blog however is Hendrickson’s too little, too lame attempt to give UML any credit whatsoever. He gushes: “Kudos to Lowell coach Norm Bazin and PC coach Nate Leaman for the exceptional turnarounds they’ve performed in just two years at those schools.” “Kudos”, which loosely translated means “half hearted pat on the back” is a word most people reserve for when they have to praise someone they dislike. I’ll agree that Coach Leaman has performed an “exceptional turnaround”. 31-33-11 and 2 trips to the Garden in 2 years is very good. Congratulations. But mentioning Leaman in the same sentence with Norm Bazin? Really? The same Norm Bazin who was 2012 HEA Coach of the Year, engineered the greatest 1 year turnaround in D1 history, has a 48-23-3 record in 2 seasons, went to the final 8 in the 2012 NCAA tournament, has clinched a 2013 NCAA tournament birth and became the first coach from a school other than ME, BU, BC or NH to win a Regular Season Title in HEA history? This is like comparing the cute checkout girl at Marketbasket with Kate Upton or the “steak” on a Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwhich with a Capital Grille 24 oz Aged Porterhouse. Exceptional turnaround? Try historic. Never-before-seen. Never-see-again. Miraculous!

Great “piece” Mr. Hendrickson. Piece of what you ask? Let’s just say it resembles the alternate defintion for your word “Kudos” which is a small, lumpy, brown candy bar.

Comment

Just tweeted out:
                      UMassLowellAthletics ‏@RiverHawkNation
                      @UMassLowell's allotment at @tdgarden is SOLD OUT. Tix must now be purchased at Garden Box Office, http://Ticketmaster.com or 800-745-3000.
                      Students may purchase discounted student tickets in person from the TD Garden Box Office with their UMass Lowell ID.
                      There is very limited space on the bus trip remaining. Students must sign up in person at Tsongas Box Office (w/ ID) to secure a seat.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                        Here is me chiming in with my own little rant:

I realize there is so much disrespect out ....
                        Anyone disrespects my Hawks ... I'll kill ya!*****http://i252.***********.com/albums/hh36/traumahawk532/lighten-up-anyone-touches-my-stuff-.jpg******

Comment

Just got a set of seven tickets in Sec. 328, Row 11. My nose is already bleeding just thinking about it.

But seriously, this is gonna be fun.
                          UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                            If I read it correctly, we have about a 26% change of being a #1 seed (#3 or 4 overall). It all starts with us winning what we can, and hope that the rest takes care of itself.
                            To break it down a little more, based on the chart here: http://blog.siouxsports.com/2013/03/18/2143/

If Lowell loses on Friday, they have a 0.4% chance of being a #1 seed.
                            If Lowell wins on Friday but loses on Saturday, they have a 14.6% chance of being a #1 seed.
                            If Lowell wins on Friday and Saturday, they have a 90.3% chance of being a #1 seed. (likely 3rd overall)
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by PaulG View Post
                              Anyone disrespects my Hawks ... I'll kill ya!*****http://i252.***********.com/albums/hh36/traumahawk532/lighten-up-anyone-touches-my-stuff-.jpg******
                              Sorry you didn't get it.

Comment

The tough game is Friday night. Win that and we're in good shape. Would rather face BC on Sat. than a "resurgent" BU. But, I'm not as worried about Saturday's game as much as Friday's.

Comment

Working...
                                X