Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol XXV: There's Hope! Or whatever...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol XXV: There's Hope! Or whatever...

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    I haven't heard anything, but what do you think Eaves will do if Lee is back? I assume he'd go right back to his spot, but Woods has really fit in well. I like the size that line has right now. Hope McCabe and Frankie are ok...

This Q- Cornell game is headed to 2nd OT. Sounding like the '06 game against Cornell... war of attrition now.
    you're right on the money with Woods on the 2nd line, he REALLY has clicked since that move (actually the entire line has). unfortunately if Lee is healthy that's the only place he could go as the 1st and 3rd lines are set and you wouldn't want to demote him to 4th line...quite a dilemma if he's healthy for this coming weekend
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Badgers given a 13% chance of getting in on the predictor thread after all of tonight's games. Looks like that would be running the table at the X which is a tough assignment. DU folding against the 57 crew didn't help you guys.
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
        Badgers given a 13% chance of getting in on the predictor thread after all of tonight's games. Looks like that would be running the table at the X which is a tough assignment. DU folding against the 57 crew didn't help you guys.
        not good to hear however that's why you've got to show up EVERY NIGHT. there's no reason at all for UW to have been swept by NMU no matter where those games were played (sorry to the NMU fan who got butt hurt over my comments months ago but the facts bore my initial feelings out, NMU finishing 2nd to last in the CCHA), and to have been swept by CC in madison.

if UW truly needs to run the table in St. Paul (a formidable task for any team) then the NMU and CC results (imo) are the reason. ugh
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          not good to hear however that's why you've got to show up EVERY NIGHT. there's no reason at all for UW to have been swept by NMU no matter where those games were played (sorry to the NMU fan who got butt hurt over my comments months ago but the facts bore my initial feelings out, NMU finishing 2nd to last in the CCHA), and to have been swept by CC in madison.

if UW truly needs to run the table in St. Paul (a formidable task for any team) then the NMU and CC results (imo) are the reason. ugh
          And the Monday loss to Penn State. All unacceptable.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

UW is on the bubble for 2 reasons: the overall TUC record of ~0.500 and the depressed RPI from the disastrous start it doesn't matter who you play you can't afford to win one game in the first 1/3 of the season. The loss to PSU was also a late season RPI bomb. Two of the three would have been survivable, all three may not be.

Comment

Almington is right as is usual, but Bucky up Bucky fans!

As things stand now, there is no real good reason to believe the top 16 PWR couldn't get in to the NCAA's. (Meaning the autobids will go to teams already in the top 16)

Despite all the statistical mumbo jumbo there is to wade through, if I just go and fill the brackets out with what I feel (with my subjective smoky-back-room-style knowledge, rather than through Cardinal and White glasses, mind you) will be the winners, in more than one way, I have the Badgers playing Friday afternoon for a tournament berth. And considering the whole season, the ups and downs, I personally am pretty excited about it. There is much still to hope for my friends!

Regardless of all the scenarios, it is now all about taking the purple moos to the slaughterhouse on Thursday. Period. That's it.

Question is, can Rammer end them for the 3rd time this season? Will it come to that? Or will Bucky jump on them early in their 4th straight 'must win' game?
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

As my brother in optimism, Wisko, pointed out, we need to take care of business, but we are definitely not out of it. I just put in all higher seeds winning in pairwise predictor, with the exception of Bucky making it to the Championship game (and losing). In that scenario we are still 16th.

This team is 18-5-5 in their last 28 games. They are averaging 3.7 gpg in their last 6 games. This team is rolling, and I would not want to be in their sights at this point in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                  As my brother in optimism, Wisko, pointed out, we need to take care of business, but we are definitely not out of it. I just put in all higher seeds winning in pairwise predictor, with the exception of Bucky making it to the Championship game (and losing). In that scenario we are still 16th.

This team is 18-5-5 in their last 28 games. They are averaging 3.7 gpg in their last 6 games. This team is rolling, and I would not want to be in their sights at this point in the season.
                  I agree. I'm glad that at this point in this weird season, UW can play and win their way into the tournament and not have to watch and worry about some fluky scenarios (other than Cinderellas). That's what playoff hockey is and considering their awful start, it's a good spot for them to be in.
                  Go Badgers!

Comment

All you want is the chance, and this team has it. Win and you're in.

Comment

What was the attendance/atmostphere like at Saturday's game? Any better than Friday's?

Comment

What was the attendance/atmostphere like at Saturday's game? Any better than Friday's?
                        Around 10,000. Quiet at times, loud at interesting points in the game. Still depressing that only 10K showed up.
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS
                        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Attendance was better I think it was like 10,000 versus 8,000 on Friday. First period with 4 goals scored was exciting. Second and third period were slower and not as exciting. Crowd wasn't real noisy. I sit next to the student section and they were pretty quiet. First level wasn't full and maybe, maybe 2 rows in the second level. Really disappointing for them. I am guessing they were all passed out from the early BB game...
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

As my brother in optimism, Wisko
                            Keep it rollin' Brother!

And let me just say one more thing Mean Gene...

*****http://i.imgur.com/3DMfyG0.jpg******
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              Attendance was better I think it was like 10,000 versus 8,000 on Friday. First period with 4 goals scored was exciting. Second and third period were slower and not as exciting. Crowd wasn't real noisy. I sit next to the student section and they were pretty quiet. First level wasn't full and maybe, maybe 2 rows in the second level. Really disappointing for them. I am guessing they were all passed out from the early BB game...
                              Every time we got a "Let's go red" going, I looked around at the few regular sections in the 100s near the students' end. I saw way too many mouths remain shut...how hard is it to chant the most basic chant known to UW athletics? It's like a badger basketball game...people are afraid to join in chants. At least they still spread like wildfire in the student section...there's a common trust.

There were definitely times when it was ridiculous how quiet some people were being, as if they forgot they were allowed to cheer throughout the game.

As far as student turnout is concerned, anything not on the normal schedule needs some kind of reminder for those in the back. Basketball student season ticket holders get these "gametime reminder" emails for pretty much every game. Remember how we've written so much about how little hype for hockey comes from the athletic department? Yeah, the students back of the upper level(s) aren't paying attention to the WCHA standings the way everyone in the first several rows are, so those "gametime reminder" emails will be a pretty good idea. Especially with more slight changes in game times next year. I know it doesn't have much of an effect once the game starts, but the line outside the student entrance got longer more quickly before the gates opened than usual for both games this weekend.

Comment

We took our 2 kids to the game on Sat. Was my eight year old sons first, unfortunately he almost wasn't able to get in. HE PAINTED HIS FACE!!! Which is unacceptable to the 80+ yr old junk grabber at the entrance. Right when we walked in (it was pretty early) every ticket taker commented on his face paint, and how much they liked it, everyone except Officer D Bag. He told us to wait and called someone on his walkie talkie and finally let us in. I was a little ticked, especially after reading all the problems people have been having with the new security at the KC, but we got in. Sat down by where UMD came out and not one minute after we got to our seats Ice Man and a real security guy had my son and daughter come down to them and gave them both game pucks. They loved it. The first period was pretty good, it was exciting hockey and I thought the crowd responded to it. The second could have put me to sleep, both teams looked pretty ugly. The third started slow then ramped up at the end. It was a better crowd than I was expecting after reading these boards, but there was plenty of room for more people. I wish the students could be a little more creative than just adding the word dick after every cheer, I guess I don't remember that kind of stuff happening back in the 80's.

Comment

Working...
                                X