Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol XXV: There's Hope! Or whatever...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol XXV: There's Hope! Or whatever...

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
    I was thinking about this too. 3 games in 3 days would be rough for a goalie. On the other hand, so would being tossed into a must-win game after weeks of no game action. So I'm with you on the Sat start for Landy. Are there PWR scenarios where 2 wins doesn't get us in (not counting Niagra losing, etc.)?
    I think there might be one...I was messing around with the Predictor yesterday and seem to recall there was one scenario (not counting Niagara) where we win 2 but still get bumped. BUT it's all a blur now so I can't say that with certainty. Two UW wins does seem to do it though.
    Go Badgers!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Eaves has been grumpy with Rumpel lately, despite him playing well overall. I think Joel is the guy but nothing would shock me.
      Friday night, was the worse I have seen Rumpel play....it doesn't matter that he saved 26 of 27. If they were playing a better team those huge rebounds he was letting up would have hit the back of the net. He seemed lost in the net and was having an awful time getting his angles right. Saturday night, can you really blame him for trying to score, it gets boring back there sometimes and the game was 4-1. Rumpel seems like a funny kid he always has a smirk on his face. Goalies can be a bit odd.

I would be shocked if Rumpel wasn't in the net Thursday. Landon is good no doubt, but Rumpel has the ability to be more of a shutdown goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by icebadger View Post
        I was thinking about this too. 3 games in 3 days would be rough for a goalie. On the other hand, so would being tossed into a must-win game after weeks of no game action. So I'm with you on the Sat start for Landy. Are there PWR scenarios where 2 wins doesn't get us in (not counting Niagra losing, etc.)?
        Plenty, even two wins is only about a 6.5% shot of an at large bid from what I have gleamed grow the PWR/bracketology thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
          Plenty, even two wins is only about a 6.5% shot of an at large bid from what I have gleamed grow the PWR/bracketology thread.
          I gather that is 6.5% of all possible scenarios though, not a predictive odds type thing, right? For example Brown could win the ECAC, but it's not very likely they will.

Obviously a lot can happen good and bad for us. It's all mooooooot without making hamburger on Thursday.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            I gather that is 6.5% of all possible scenarios though, not a predictive odds type thing, right? For example Brown could win the ECAC, but it's not very likely they will.

Obviously a lot can happen good and bad for us. It's all mooooooot without making hamburger on Thursday.

Off topic, but I had a boss back in the day who would often use the phrase, "The point is mute."

I would just cringe and think - how is it that you are my boss?

Comment

Eaves has been grumpy with Rumpel lately, despite him playing well overall. I think Joel is the guy but nothing would shock me.
              After that attempted "clearing pass" Saturday, I don't know if Eaves is the type of coach who would let that one go unpunished. I've been wanting to watch the Saturday night post game interview, hoping to see if someone would bring that up.

Rumpel's played every "must win" game since PSU, and these games are all must wins. I do have confidence in Petersen as well.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Off topic, but I had a boss back in the day who would often use the phrase, "The point is mute."

I would just cringe and think - how is it that you are my boss?
                So you just sat there moot?

Comment

If Wisconsin wins two games, they have a 51.1% chance at earning an at-large bid.

No. 14 overall seed: 2%
                  No. 15 overall seed: 12.2%
                  No. 16 overall seed: 36.9%

Info courtesy of Jim Dahl.

Comment

If Wisconsin wins two games, they have a 51.1% chance at earning an at-large bid.

Thanks Chuck, that sounds more like it.
                    Go Badgers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post

That's where they would finish in the PWR, but does NOT account for the fact that other conference winners can be outside the top 16. In most of the cases where UW finished 15 and 16 they get numbed for an autobid.

6.5% odds with 2 wins of making the tournament using KRACH weighted predictive model.

Comment

My Dream scenario is shutting up the Goofs on Saturday night, and still going in as a #16 against the mighty Q in Providence. Anybody care to figure out what the odds on that are?

Oh no! Will we be too high of a seed?
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

That's where they would finish in the PWR, but does NOT account for the fact that other conference winners can be outside the top 16. In most of the cases where UW finished 15 and 16 they get numbed for an autobid.

6.5% odds with 2 wins of making the tournament using KRACH weighted predictive model.
                          You're right. 6.5% seems awfully low though.

Comment

You're right. 6.5% seems awfully low though.
                            A lot of scenarios where we get in with two wins revolve around some combination of BU, Providence, Notre Dame and Union doing poorly while Niagara still wins the AHA.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The AD emailed a season ticket survey today.

I tore em a new one, whatever good that will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                The AD emailed a season ticket survey today.

I tore em a new one, whatever good that will do.
                                I would like to hear from more folks who got a survey and what your response was. Just curious.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X