X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Wait a minute.... What!? Where'd you get that?
    found it on ebay a while ago.... along with my patsies 17-0 shirt
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      found it on ebay a while ago.... along with my patsies 17-0 shirt
      You mean 19-0.

Who starts in goal tonight for the Terriers?

It Happened!!!!

Comment

ahem...

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/290C9D08-BFA8-4977-9B8F-2F20CF06E321-18128-00000D2BEF60931F_zps54aa4e2a.jpg******
        It's interesting you found this. I was in DC in 2009 and after Miami scored to go up 3-1 with minutes to play I left my seat to go continue my nervous break down in the concourse of the Verizon Center. ALL of the souvenir stands were putting out Miami 2009 NCAA champion hats and shirts.

I really wish I bought one of those hats...they disappeared rapidly after Gilroy to Bonino.

Good times.
        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Not to derail the thread too much, but has anyone heard any news about Jim Prior? That 1997 clip with him announcing the goal at the end makes me realize how much I've missed him at Agganis....

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            You mean 19-0.
            I do I do mean 19-0

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
              It's interesting you found this. I was in DC in 2009 and after Miami scored to go up 3-1 with minutes to play I left my seat to go continue my nervous break down in the concourse of the Verizon Center. ALL of the souvenir stands were putting out Miami 2009 NCAA champion hats and shirts.

I really wish I bought one of those hats...they disappeared rapidly after Gilroy to Bonino.

Good times.
              Haha, I was definitely running out to the concourse and freaking out during every stoppage as well. Good times.
              Boston University 2009 Champs
              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

hate to speak ill of the dead... but did anyone ever ask scott why he was tending the net in the right faceoff circle!?!?!?!
                I think that must've been the theory at the time. NMU's goalie did the same on Sacco's last-second game-tying goal:

http://www.t3licensing.com/video/cli...eywords=hockey

They were CRAZY back in '91, man!
                Bugs Bunny - 96
                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post

Like the champagne in the '86 Red Sox's locker room when Mookie Wilson went five-hole on Buckner.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                    Haha, I was definitely running out to the concourse and freaking out during every stoppage as well. Good times.
                    We were in the balcony so we couldn't run out...and boy was I glad! Never would have seen the last minute if I had!

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
                      Not to derail the thread too much, but has anyone heard any news about Jim Prior? That 1997 clip with him announcing the goal at the end makes me realize how much I've missed him at Agganis....
                      HE just announced the Prior and Steve Narzo will receive Hockey East Founders' Medals at next Friday night's semifinal.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        We were in the balcony so we couldn't run out...and boy was I glad! Never would have seen the last minute if I had!
                        I was in the balcony but right on the aisle. So I had easy access, and needed to blow off steam. I was freaking out during the timeout with 3+ min left.
                        Boston University 2009 Champs
                        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

In my nightmares, I see the puck at the feet of Milan with under a second left. It's loose, and a Miami player is charging hard...
                          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                            In my nightmares, I see the puck at the feet of Milan with under a second left. It's loose, and a Miami player is charging hard...
                            I remember that play. I think there was more than a second left. According to Brian Strait, who was involved in the play, there was nothing to worry about.
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                              I remember that play. I think there was more than a second left. According to Brian Strait, who was involved in the play, there was nothing to worry about.
                              I remember being above the goal there. It was closer than you think.

Go to the 4:25 mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-mBI7jEfVU You'll see Miami sticks all around the puck.
                              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Whatever!!!

The "hand of God" goal was soon to come and make up for all those pipes...

Never a doubt.
                                "Team of Density"

Comment

Working...
                                X