This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University season thread 4: Where BC comes to talk hockey

So I saw the video tribute from Agganis Arena, and it never occurred to me: When BU scored the GTG in the '09 championship game, did anyone pay attention to Jack Parker? It looks as if Parker jumps behind the bench, or bends over looking to his right in shock. It's a really cool sight to behold.
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

I picked up 4 for Friday night and it cost me $78 total in the balcony
      I'm an idiot. I forgot my tix include Saturday as well. So I paid $25 per. Carry on...
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

I picked up 4 for Friday night and it cost me $78 total in the balcony
        you must have gone into the Garden, right? if not, how'd you manage that without the fee? i went to thieving ticketmaster and a $17 ticket would end up $30 .

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          you must have gone into the Garden, right? if not, how'd you manage that without the fee? i went to thieving ticketmaster and a $17 ticket would end up $30 .
          Yeah, if you get them from the box office I think you only have to pay a $2.50 facility fee per ticket but that's it.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            Why didn't you BC fans buy through the BC ticket Office?

I'm picking up my loge seats at BC on Thursday
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              Why didn't you BC fans buy through the BC ticket Office?

I'm picking up my loge seats at BC on Thursday
              I called the BU ticket office today and the girl told me the only tickets they have are for students with an BU ID. I have an ID, but I want to bring my fiance and it's one ticket per ID, so I think I need to go through the Garden. I also asked about the Loge seating and she said they weren't selling those. I'm not sure if she's right or uninformed.
              #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                I called the BU ticket office today and the girl told me the only tickets they have are for students with an BU ID. I have an ID, but I want to bring my fiance and it's one ticket per ID, so I think I need to go through the Garden. I also asked about the Loge seating and she said they weren't selling those. I'm not sure if she's right or uninformed.
                Never trust a single thing an Agganis ticket representative says on the phone. Save for very few exceptions, they are completely in the dark and out of the loop of reality. This is generally why so many BU people don't buy tickets through Agganis, it's a horribly set up process.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  Never trust a single thing an Agganis ticket representative says on the phone. Save for very few exceptions, they are completely in the dark and out of the loop of reality. This is generally why so many BU people don't buy tickets through Agganis, it's a horribly set up process.
                  She didn't sound like she knew at all what she was talking about, hence my incredulity that what she said was correct.
                  #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                    Really? Even if you're a season ticket holder?

That's really strange. When I can, I always buy through BC when I can to sit with BC fans and get seats with less fees than going through ticketmaster charges which are exorbitant and outrageous. I'd rather sit in good seats than balcony unless they're in like the 1st rows. Although some loge seats aren't that great either if they're in the corner.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Really? Even if you're a season ticket holder?

That's really strange. When I can, I always buy through BC when I can to sit with BC fans and get seats with less fees than going through ticketmaster charges which are exorbitant and outrageous. I'd rather sit in good seats than balcony unless they're in like the 1st rows. Although some loge seats aren't that great either if they're in the corner.
                      I'm not a season ticket holder so maybe they're reserved for people who are. But the person I spoke to didn't sound like they knew anything about loge seating at all for anybody. I might call back tomorrow and try my luck with somebody else.
                      #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                        I'm not a season ticket holder so maybe they're reserved for people who are. But the person I spoke to didn't sound like they knew anything about loge seating at all for anybody. I might call back tomorrow and try my luck with somebody else.
                        Season ticket holders could request loge or balcony. Deadline was yesterday so maybe the haven't figured out what's still available. Or Brownie had dibs on the rest...
                        Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Even if you're not, you should be able to buy seats before the deadline. The BC deadline was Monday by 5:00 PM to buy through them.

When I buy, they ask me first if I'm a season ticketholder.

At BC, they prioritize by money donaters like the Flynn Fund, season ticket holders, and then other fans who just buy by game.

Comment

At BC, they prioritize by money donaters like the Flynn Fund, season ticket holders, and then other fans who just buy by game.
                            bu doles out tickets according to your terrier loyalty points ( ). you collect these by giving $$$. being a season ticket holder. how long you've been a STH. etc.

and then there is brownies allotment
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              bu doles out tickets according to your terrier loyalty points ( ). you collect these by giving $$$. being a season ticket holder. how long you've been a STH. etc.

Not sure if Brownie has ever attended a HE game. He'll claim his allotment if BU makes "March Madness"

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

And that process is going on now, tomorrow at 10am the remainder are sold to students, I'm sure you have a friend who will head over to HAA with you in exchange for a beer or lunch or both, Knights.

Comment

Working...
                                X