PDA

View Full Version : UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Postseason Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

ClOuD 9
03-13-2013, 08:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpkecYVRt_E

NUCC93
03-13-2013, 11:04 AM
This could be a very short thread (hope I'm wrong, though).

ClOuD 9
03-13-2013, 06:07 PM
This could be a very short thread (hope I'm wrong, though).
Wasn't sure of the proper naming scheme, last thread (which auto-locked) was "UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread". I sure as hell didn't want to put "and offseason thread" at the end of it.

Verkligen
03-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Wasn't sure of the proper naming scheme, last thread (which auto-locked) was "UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread". I sure as hell didn't want to put "and offseason thread" at the end of it.

Thoughtfully and appropriately named... And hopefully long-lived.

wildcatdc
03-14-2013, 12:23 PM
While we are all worried about the trip to the Coffin this weekend, at least get a laugh out of this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUkKOnXMmGg&feature=youtu.be

Gotta love Minnesota...

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
03-15-2013, 12:16 AM
My preview for SBNation of the Hockey East quarterfinal series between Providence and UNH.

http://sbn.to/16wbSwZ

Darius
03-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Win or lose today, good to know the 2013 'cats can win a big game.

WildShawn
03-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Despite the dreadful second half, UNH is in the NCAA's, looking like they will be either a 2 or 3 seed in Manchester (no scenarios shake out that they will be a 1 or 4 according to the PWR/Bracketology thread)...

unh1982
03-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Despite the dreadful second half, UNH is in the NCAA's, looking like they will be either a 2 or 3 seed in Manchester (no scenarios shake out that they will be a 1 or 4 according to the PWR/Bracketology thread)...
yes but they will lose the first game regardless of who they play ( even r.i.t )

WildShawn
03-18-2013, 08:35 AM
yes but they will lose the first game regardless of who they play ( even r.i.t )
you don't say
or, they'll unexpectedly win the first game and get people's hopes up and lose embarrassingly in the second game.

unh1982
03-18-2013, 08:44 AM
you don't say
or, they'll unexpectedly win the first game and get people's hopes up and lose embarrassingly in the second game.

well thats without saying .... if you have been unh fan long enough you speak in code .... when you throw in the towel they will surprise you and pull a rabbit out of the hat .. yes they will probably win the first. Than suck me in to paying $ 35 and watching them lose the next day..... have been down the road to many times ....

we should have a thread "how is it possable that a team can have a losing record after xmas and still qualify for a number 2 seed perhaps ", wow. Yes I know why but cmon they should be like 25 in the power.... had this been the old system giving credence to the last 15 games unh wouldnt even be sniffing manchester in two weeks .

JB
03-18-2013, 08:46 AM
you don't say

This seems the most likely scenario. Although what might be more gut wrenching is to actually get to the Frozen 4 and then lose 8-0...

I would agree UNH is either a low 2 or most likely a 3 seed. I can't see any way of getting UNH lower than 11th. That involved a bunch of tournament winners to jump UNH leaving essentially now automatic qualifiers left to bump the last at large teams out.

UNH seems to benefit from some dumb luck. The combination of Michigan and CC took out Western and Denver making those 2 stuck behind UNH. Then MSU-M, St Cloud and Wisco are all in the same side of the WCHA conference tournament making it so only 1 can jump UNH. A bunch of little stuff combined with a strong first half makes this 3-5-5 team in the last 13 get in.

Darius
03-18-2013, 08:56 AM
UNH seems to benefit from some dumb luck. The combination of Michigan and CC took out Western and Denver making those 2 stuck behind UNH. Then MSU-M, St Cloud and Wisco are all in the same side of the WCHA conference tournament making it so only 1 can jump UNH. A bunch of little stuff combined with a strong first half makes this 3-5-5 team in the last 13 get in.MI is on a roll, could easily win the CCHA tournament. Quinnipiac looks vulnerable for a potential ECAC upset. Atlantic might send 2 teams. If ALL worst case scenarios play out we are probably still a 3.

JB
03-18-2013, 08:57 AM
My biggest frustration with this team is the sloppy play. 1st Providence goal was a clear mistake. Either Henrion or Knodel didn't do there job and clearly didn't communicate as both ended up covering the lesser threat leaving a man alone going to the top of the crease.

Also looking at those PP numbers from Providence why wasn't there a change by the UNH coaching staff. UNH has been great of the PK against everybody but Providence and in general Providence has had a marginal PP except against UNH. Don't you think that would cause you to change something up on the PK at least put something in practice during the week to have in you back pocket. I like the pressure PK too but maybe a more passive box would work against PC.

ClOuD 9
03-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Heard a certain tune at PC a few times over the weekend... (theoretical) racists! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0OFF3q4Pxk
I know Marty was there on Friday, not sure about Saturday or Sunday.

Chuck Murray
03-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Heard a certain tune at PC a few times over the weekend... (theoretical) racists! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0OFF3q4Pxk
I know Marty was there on Friday, not sure about Saturday or Sunday.

Jeezus ... who got ahold of the video of my HS graduation party at the WIS Estate????? :eek::eek::eek:

The Zlax45
03-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Marty was there all weekend...I saw Steve Metcalf also on Sunday

JB
03-18-2013, 01:55 PM
I will note for all the crap I give the UNH PP that TvR off net "shot" tipped in from Downing's backhand at the goal line was awesome. If you can do that regularly you are going to score a bunch of goals. Nobody stops those at any level. Russian's made a living off those plays for decades. The issue is having the precision to pull it off regularly. Downing and TvR are a couple of talented players - even though this roster is light on talent those two would have recieved palying time on the 1998-2004 teams (TVR more so).

WildShawn
03-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Marty was there all weekend...I saw Steve Metcalf also on Sunday
who?

ClOuD 9
03-18-2013, 02:10 PM
who?
He was associate athletic director, not sure of his current title. Was on the NCAA committee for women's ice hockey for several years, back when UNH was still relevant in that sport...