• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENOUGH about DUNNING...How about the GAME? Oswego v Norwich Friday @ 4pm

102 hours to puck drop - Discuss....
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Re: ENOUGH about DUNNING...How about the GAME? Oswego v Norwich Friday @ 4pm

Have wished to see Norwich play Oswego for past 4 years. Can't remember being so excited for anything as I am for Friday's game! Just love those Cadets! Will be wearing the *lucky* jersey and standing at the rail watching and rooting for the Cadets in what should be a fantastic game. Nothing could stand in the way of being in Lake Placid to see this game!!!!
    GO WICK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Icequeen; 03-11-2013, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Norwich section is #3, box office number is 518-523-3330
      Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Hey that's what I created the other thread for. The reference to Dunnong didn't mean he was the topic
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
          102 hours to puck drop - Discuss....
          I'm sure as we get closer the topic will shift to the game. No one has really discussed the game yet.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            I'm sure as we get closer the topic will shift to the game. No one has really discussed the game yet.
            There's a game?
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              There's a game?
              They must be talking about the Potsdam's men's lacrosse game.
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                Hey that's what I created the other thread for. The reference to Dunnong didn't mean he was the topic
                Well perhaps that should have been clearer...

This game is big enough for two threads anyway.....right?
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I think the key to the game for the Lakers is to get pressure on their goalie. He has decent numbers but doesn't face many shots. Even in Wick's Losses they don't seem too face many shots. Norwich has looked very sound to me this year(on the internet). A good defensive team, limiting shots on goal with some very talented offensive players. Gotta disrupt their game and have their goalie make some saves. Hope for a similar outcome to '07. I was at that game and this makes the last three in Placid where it looked like we were the two to beat but never met. Can't wait for this game, should be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers Rule1919 View Post
                    I think the key to the game for the Lakers is to get pressure on their goalie. He has decent numbers but doesn't face many shots. Even in Wick's Losses they don't seem too face many shots. Norwich has looked very sound to me this year(on the internet). A good defensive team, limiting shots on goal with some very talented offensive players. Gotta disrupt their game and have their goalie make some saves. Hope for a similar outcome to '07. I was at that game and this makes the last three in Placid where it looked like we were the two to beat but never met. Can't wait for this game, should be great.
                    That has always been NU's strategy - funnel everything to the outside and block shots. This ends up giving the goalies Sv% values that look mediocre, because they rarely have to make a lot of the easy saves that pad the stat. Czarnotta looks really focused right now. He makes the big saves when he has to. My guess is that he will get the start on Fri

Comment

Well I know better than to question numbers with a math prof. But facing less than 18 shots a game is a double edged sword. Might not be focused when you need without the work and facing less than 6 shots per period could make anybody fall asleep. It doesn't look like they have faced more than 25-30 shots in a game all year. Some games they have given up 3 or more goals on less than 15 shots, now that will make your save % look mediocre. I think 30 shots on goal is the magic number for the Lakers.If we take more than that and I think we win. Less than 25 and it could be a long afternoon. Either way I think whichever goalie it is will face more than the usual nights work. I just hope Eddie can pull another rabbit out of his hat like he did with the way Oswego brought the puck up the ice against Platty in the 3rd game. I didn't see much discussion about it on the boards, but I believe it was a big part of the Lakers winning strategy. Platty looked very confused at times when the trap they used all year wasn't effective against the wrinkle.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers Rule1919 View Post
                        But facing less than 18 shots a game is a double edged sword. Might not be focused when you need without the work and facing less than 6 shots per period could make anybody fall asleep.
                        We have seen that happen from time to time. It takes a goalie who is really sharp and aware to thrive in that situation.

Comment

I am still struck by how fast a pace game NU took to Babson on Saturday night. Actually it really started a week earlier in that last period of the earlier ECAC-E Championship game that they lost to Babason. The Cadets just pounded Test and matched that by superb back checking thus covering their backside so well, they never gave Babo a chance to load up and shoot. Other than one or two shots the Beaver offense seemed to be neutralized. If the Cadets bring that same aggressive fast pace to LP they will be a very tough bunch to beat. Go Norwich.
                          Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                          Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Ok Ill take a stab at this...Have to agree with lakersrule 1919, we need to get to that 25-30 shot total,not that shots matter but with the style they played as mentioned b4,push it outside and block shots,their goalie needs to be tested,and early like we did vs Adrian,I think we have the better of the 2 goalie,and Hare is for sure tested. Both Defenses will have to be ready for the BIG ice, both teams have the experience with it so it should not be an excuse,obligatory watch Thomas for sure he can flat out motor.Both teams also have top scorers, but with my green and gold glasses,cant see topping that 1st line of Oz, they dominated adrian with many quality scoring chances.I guess the next is special teams,dont know the stats but Oz PP looks good and the penalty killing unit needs to step it up and be more aggressive. Coaching,both a ton of experience in the big games,nuff said there.I guess it comes down to who gets a better nights sleep and I heard that Osego is "staying at a Holiday Inn Express"

Comment

I wrote a post before the season started inquiring why Norwich and Oswego never play unless they have to. I got my wish. As a Cardinal fan, I am too familiar with both teams and I honestly don't know who's going to win this. Probably a special teams game and it's tough to give an edge to anyone there either. Hare can be very good at times and that might be the difference. If he's not sharp, Norwich wins. If he is, Oswego wins. I like Norwich's defensemen a lot. Oswego's not so much. Both have great depth up front. I don't care for McShane, but he's an awfully good coach. Prediction Norwich 3, Oswego 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X