X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown @ RPI-March 15, 16 and 17th If Necessary

Beat you, Ralph. Have fun.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Re: Brown @ RPI-March 15, 16 and 17th If Necessary

Lets go red sweeeep so I can drink st party's day and go to hair of the dog and eat Irish food
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Truly hoping that the two week period of time has not dulled any of our keen chemistry. Hopefully it has helped get someone healthy. There are no easy match ups in this round but having home ice should be a big help. Go Red!!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Truly hoping that the two week period of time has not dulled any of our keen chemistry. Hopefully it has helped get someone healthy. There are no easy match ups in this round but having home ice should be a big help. Go Red!!!
        I'm with you on the chemistry... hope it doesn't have a shelf life.
        I wonder how many of the higher seeds will prevail in this round? I like our chances.
        Getting healthy? Is someone ordering some tuna for Friday night?
        Here we come!

Comment

I apologize to Jericho.

I also apologize to Onion Man whose post I had to flush down also.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-11-2013, 06:44 AM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think the only question about this series is whether you guys will win in two games or three. We didn't play well against Clarkson, and I am SO scared of the Engineers right now. The fact that they're not higher in the national polls is a travesty.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
              I think the only question about this series is whether you guys will win in two games or three. We didn't play well against Clarkson, and I am SO scared of the Engineers right now. The fact that they're not higher in the national polls is a travesty.
              .....we're not falling for this
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

You want to try this again? I thought blarney was saved for next Sunday? On any given night Brown can beat anyone and if they get the defense and goaltending and we play that way also-some of these games could end up going into the wee hours of the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                  I'm with you on the chemistry... hope it doesn't have a shelf life.
                  I wonder how many of the higher seeds will prevail in this round? I like our chances.
                  Getting healthy? Is someone ordering some tuna for Friday night?
                  We would eat 4 cans of Bumblee-Bee Albacore if it would help.

Comment

You want to try this again? I thought blarney was saved for next Sunday? On any given night Brown can beat anyone and if they get the defense and goaltending and we play that way also-some of these games could end up going into the wee hours of the morning.
                    Not buying it. RPI is the CLEAR favorite in this series for a reason. We've looked sloppy lately despite compiling some good results.

Comment

Not buying it. RPI is the CLEAR favorite in this series for a reason. We've looked sloppy lately despite compiling some good results.
                      Kepler's Third Law: Don't ever bet for or against RPI.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's the lesser of two evils (compared to Cornell), but I'm not ready to call this series. The first game was a tie, and the game at HFH, although the scoreboard said 5-1, there were a number of fluke goals, a couple of which involved the goalie dropping the puck. In addition, RPI has not made the semifinals since the institution of the Union rule (granted, we did get the bye monkey off our backs). RPI needs to take this one day at a time, one period at a time, one shift at a time, while in practice one drill at a time, and hopefully we can see something good.

Comment

You can throw all the regular season records out. This is like starting over again-and remember, we are a team with some significant injuries. I expect each game to be close-and truly hope they are not determined by the officials making questionable calls. I think all 8 teams have shown they belong in this round-and it should make for some very close results.

Comment

remember, we are a team with some significant injuries.
                            That goes for both teams. Brown has been depleted due to injuries this year, some of them season-ending. My friend kdiff can fill in details, but it's not pretty.

Looking forward to the weekend's games. Fierce competitors all around.

- Darth

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
                              That goes for both teams. Brown has been depleted due to injuries this year, some of them season-ending. My friend kdiff can fill in details, but it's not pretty.

Looking forward to the weekend's games. Fierce competitors all around.

- Darth
                              I could probably write a doctoral discertation on the various injuries that have attempted to derail the team's season. But the only relevant ones for this weekend are:

-Ryan Jacobsen (out indefinitely)
                              -Nate Widman (season)
                              -Kyle Quick (season)
                              -Garnet Hathaway (lingering "upper body injury," will play)
                              -Matt Lorito (lingering "lower body injury," will play)

So there's not much depth. But there's stubbornness.

Comment

Working...
                              X