Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Duluth @ Wisconsin-Madison: Playoffs?! Playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
    Envy was the point.

Turns out that, according to school web sites, UMD was Green and Gold until 1947 and Minnesota has used Maroon and Gold since 1880. When the U adopted Duluth (in 1947) they changed their colors for the better. I guess that explains the remainder of the green tint.
    It was Minnesota, as mentioned. The University of Minnesota is, technically, one university with multiple campuses, not a system of seperate universities, like MnSCU. While the campuses operate in many ways as seperate institutions, all educational resources are shared, Student IDs are the same (I have used my UMD ID to get student prices at Gopher events and to rent stuff out at Twin Cities campus Rec facilities), Diplomas look the same (except for fine print denoting the city in which it was given), school colors are the same, the President is the president of all campuses (each campus has its own Chancellor, and the President serves as the Chancellor of the Twin Cities campus), we share the Alma Mater, and the UMD Rouser is a musical variation of the Minnesota Rouser. I'm sure I missed a lot, but you get my point.
    SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
    UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
    Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
    Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
    UMD Football: 2008, 2010
    UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Re: Minnesota Duluth @ Wisconsin-Madison: Playoffs?! Playoffs!

I think I had an epiphany after Saturday's game. That was the best crowd (although small) and most exciting game I've had the pleasure to attend in several years, so I'm gonna go less Debbie Downer than a couple of our regular posters. The Badgers have actually played pretty well (with the Penn State obvious exception) since before Christmas.

And they actually have a chance to make the NCAA field where they might end up doing some damage. I'm not delusional enough to say they have much of a shot at winning it all (although some thinner could change that), but this team isn't near as bad as some would have you believe.

Comment

Minnesota Gophers were playing before UMD was founded. I don't know of any changes in colors for Minnesota but Duluth's colors always have a tint of green.
        Tint of green? Have you had your eyes checked for color blindness?
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          It's like I told you last night, you're a UND fan now!
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            It's like I told you last night, you're a UND fan now!
            You told me no such thing!
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

You told me no such thing!
              I did so! Your phone sucks!
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Admit our jerseys look much better than the team that has created your dislike for our colors. Especially the home jersey...although I love the road ones too.
                UMD has the second best jerseys in the league and fantastic colors. Never been able to pull the trigger on buying one. I did bid on the throwbacks a few years ago at tDECC, but those things get ridic. Maybe someday....
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I did so! Your phone sucks!
                  My AIM app certainly does.
                  Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                  UMD has the second best jerseys in the league and fantastic colors. Never been able to pull the trigger on buying one. I did bid on the throwbacks a few years ago at tDECC, but those things get ridic. Maybe someday....
                  What is your favorite jersey? Don't say Gopher because I don't like their striping. Although the throwbacks they have are fantastic.
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

What is your favorite jersey? Don't say Gopher because I don't like their striping. Although the throwbacks they have are fantastic.
                    I'm biased, but I do love the Gopher road jerseys and the white "GOPHERS" alternate. Not at all a fan of the home white or gold alternates. Really want to buy an authentic. of the Hockey City Classic if they get some in.

Other WCHA team, I love UMD's road jersey and I have liked some of the Kato jerseys they have made recently, but pretty much anything they make is an upgrade from the shiny crap they used to wear. Tech also has some good stuff but I don't see them often enough unfortunately.

Is there anywhere good to get UMD jerseys? Are the K1s ok stuff? I know I've looked on the UMD bookstore website but, again, haven't pulled the trigger.
                    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      I'm biased, but I do love the Gopher road jerseys and the white "GOPHERS" alternate. Not at all a fan of the home white or gold alternates. Really want to buy an authentic. of the Hockey City Classic if they get some in.

Other WCHA team, I love UMD's road jersey and I have liked some of the Kato jerseys they have made recently, but pretty much anything they make is an upgrade from the shiny crap they used to wear. Tech also has some good stuff but I don't see them often enough unfortunately.

Is there anywhere good to get UMD jerseys? Are the K1s ok stuff? I know I've looked on the UMD bookstore website but, again, haven't pulled the trigger.
                      I personally dislike the K1's but I am a jersey snob. I like mine to be as close to the real thing as possible. The UMD Store is a good bet as they have expensive but authentic jerseys. I LOVE the Jack Connolly ones they are selling now but they are VERY expensive.

All in all in depends on how much you care about the look of your jersey. You get what you pay for. Most UMD jerseys are at the Miller Hill Mall or you might find one or two at the College Shop at MOA. Dave's Sport shop in the north metro might even have them.
                      Last edited by Biddco; 03-13-2013, 10:59 AM.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Who had the colors first?

Serious question.
                        Norwich wins by a landslide.

*****http://www.norwich.edu/about/news/2003/alumnihockey1.jpg******

Edit: Sorry. It's not a political race. I just meant Norwich is obviously much older.
                        Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 03-13-2013, 10:59 AM.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I personally dislike the K1's but I am a jersey snob.
                          I'm just so proud of my little Biddy. Brings a tear to my eye. *sniffle*
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

The green tint comes from the envy seeping out of the Bulldog fans' pores.
                            Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                            Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

The green tint comes from the envy seeping out of the Bulldog fans' pores.
                              Seeping? No. A trickle? Yes, I wish UMD had more fans.
                              I'm just so proud of my little Biddy. Brings a tear to my eye. *sniffle*

I learn from the best (when it comes to jerseys). Always remember...screen printed jerseys are Satan's work.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Seeping? No. A trickle? Yes, I wish UMD had more fans.

I learn from the best (when it comes to jerseys). Always remember...screen printed jerseys are Satan's work.
                                Unless that is the way the jersey was originally. Then it's amazingly awesome. Like me and UND's newest fan, YOU!
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X