Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Parker To Announce Retirement Monday, Really.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Parker To Announce Retirement Monday, Really.

Deserves its own thread, per ESPN's John Buccigross, Parker will announce his retirement tomorrow (Monday).
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Jack Parker To Announce Retirement Monday, Really.

Oh crap.
    Originally posted by reBlur
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Marsh last year, Parker this year... York next year? Shame to see those who have been legendary coaches hanging it up, obviously we all know these days will come, but it never makes it easy when it actually does.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        Marsh last year, Parker this year... York next year? Shame to see those who have been legendary coaches hanging it up, obviously we all know these days will come, but it never makes it easy when it actually does.
        No

Comment

Best wishes, coach. You've earned the respect you have.

Sincerely,
          A Gopher fan
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

As a BU fan, very bittersweet. Parker has been the face of BU Hockey for over four decades. Unfortunately, he stayed on far too long which lowered his overall career reputation. It is for the best of the program that he is leaving.

Comment

Legends never die.

Here's hoping for a happy retirement to a man that's **** well earned it.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Eventually, we knew it had to happen.

The non-conference games have been great. All the best to you, Coach Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  Marsh last year, Parker this year... York next year?
                  Unlike JackPa, York is still at the top of his game and showing no signs of slipping, so why would he even consider retiring?

Comment

Wow, I thought he'd hang on and try and at least catch Ron Mason (if not fruitlessly try and catch York)
                    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Well this is terrible news (unless they're announcing that either Bavis or Powers is taking over).

Comment

Multiple links on the retirement:

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ty-hockey-east

http://excalibursportspage.com/2013/...ker-to-retire/

http://espn.go.com/boston/college-sp...ording-sources
                        Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                          Unlike JackPa, York is still at the top of his game and showing no signs of slipping, so why would he even consider retiring?
                          Marsh was still a **** good coach, then health issues got in the way of him being able to stay committed.

At the age these guys are, health issues can pop up at any time. Hopefully York can continue to coach for numerous more years. My original statement was by no means a prediction, but rather a passing thought that are these 3, 5, 7 years going to be a changing of the guard from the old timers to the young blood.

Comment

I fully endorse Cahoon, Powers, and Bavis as candidates or this job!
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Jack is a true legend, and as someone who covered the team in some capacity for three years, I was very lucky to have sat down and talked with him numerous times. No matter what happened in recent years, this is a man who loves hockey, loves his school and always showed me respect and appreciation. I'll always admire what he has given to the BU hockey community, and the American hockey community.
                              I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X