Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack Parker To Announce Retirement Monday, Really.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jack Parker To Announce Retirement Monday, Really.

A very good press conference. Feel better about the whole thing. He sure does look tired though. Glad he can find a way to contribute doing the thing BU values the most - fundraising! Also interesting that he's not picking his successor. Was going to be reeaaalll nervous if I saw Bavis up there too.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Always sad to see a great coach retire

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
        Just watched his press conference. Jack was humble, self deprecating and funny. A class act. "...school has to want you to win and be behind you."
        He has made that statement, or something similar to it, many times over the years.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
          That wouldn't be a bad way to go out :-)
          I take it back. Someone at the presser said he had 892 (brownie maybe) but i just heard it reported that he has 894. Maybe brownie had his script prepared prior to this weekend...

Comment

I know. As a UNH fan it resonates. Big time.
            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              I take it back. Someone at the presser said he had 892 (brownie maybe) but i just heard it reported that he has 894. Maybe brownie had his script prepared prior to this weekend...
              894 is correct. He had 876 coming into the season, 18 wins so far this year. No need to take it back!

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                He also called it March Madness...
                Boston University 2009 Champs
                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

• Originally posted by joen05 View Post
                  894 is correct. He had 876 coming into the season, 18 wins so far this year. No need to take it back!
                  So in theory, 900 could come before the national championship game. That could be 902.... We can hope!!!

Comment

Good luck Jack. Thanks for the memories.

Comment

So if the conspiracy theory about a bootprint on JackPa's back is correct, is the motivation to beat Maine to the coaching search next year? I'm not saying that the Maine job is a better one, but if Maine hired a guy next year, it would be near impossible for BU to grab him if they were interested.
                      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                        So if the conspiracy theory about a bootprint on JackPa's back is correct, is the motivation to beat Maine to the coaching search next year? I'm not saying that the Maine job is a better one, but if Maine hired a guy next year, it would be near impossible for BU to grab him if they were interested.
                        I don't think it matters as think BU will only hire a BU guy is my hunch. Sacco, Sullivan, Quinn, Hynes, Bavis...
                        Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 03-11-2013, 09:39 PM.
                        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Jack's greatest coaching job.

http://youtu.be/ZR4rz0YE_gw
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Sad to hear it,wish he were Northeastern's coach,what an amazing career,gotta give him credit,he's gonna be missed!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              Ray Lewis has always been my first go to guy in a hockey conversation, if you have to rely on that thug as your example on how to do things right, then the conversation is over.
                              31 years in politics! Would have never known.
                              God bless you son.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                31 years in politics! Would have never known.
                                God bless you son.
                                Not sure what you mean, but if it means dealing with ****house lawyers on a daily basis, I guess you are right. I watched the news conference today and heard his explanation about hanging around for the University. It also seems that he was the subject of a leak, as he inferred at the start of his talk. He also took a couple shots at Yale during his talk as well, but seemed to like Coach Taylor. Good luck to the guy, even though he will still be in the office at BU.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X