WCHA Round 1: UNO Red Mavericks @ MSU-M Purple Mavericks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA Round 1: UNO Red Mavericks @ MSU-M Purple Mavericks

The Purple Mavs come in splitting the last 2 series.

The Red Mavs come in losing the last 4.

Should be a fun weekend of hockey!

Re: WCHA Round 1: UNO Red Mavericks @ MSU-M Purple Mavericks

Bigclean is intrigued, I got ticksets for the Final 5, I expect to be seeing MSU playing in St Paul.
    R.I.P. Anthony Ford...

I officially hate Kevin Buisman

We cannot recommend him however, as a fantasy pick, unless of course you are related to him. (Fri. Dec 22, 2006)
    FOX SPORTS On David Backes
    WHAT!!!???!!?!?!!??

Comment

Hey!
      I remember this feeling, 2008 right? A different outcome than that year would seal the NCAA tourney and I would love to see them at the X.

Comment

C'mon, the correct thread name should have been Red Cows vs. Purple Cows.

For reasons I cannot explain, even to myself, the boss and I are driving up to Mankato for this one despite the fact that I have little faith in our chances of prevailing.

Who know when we'll be in Mankato again (we aren't playing you next season) and my wife, the pizza freak, wants her Pagliai's fix.

Perhaps Mike Hastings will be feeling benevolent about the 18 years he spent here.

Or, perhaps the Purple Cows 6th ranked, nationally, power play will make our penalty kill look even more ridiculous than it has, even, for the past 2 months.

Just ask UAA, Wisconsin, or UMD. In our last 5 games, we allowed 13 goals in 26 power play opportunities. 50%. I am not kidding.

UNO now has the #53 penalty kill in the nation and we've allowed the most goals of any team in the nation with a winning record as well, 109.

That said, this series is the best possible road scenario we could have asked for. What's gonna happen? I have NO idea. Nothing would shock me at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
          C'mon, the correct thread name should have been Red Cows vs. Purple Cows.

For reasons I cannot explain, even to myself, the boss and I are driving up to Mankato for this one despite the fact that I have little faith in our chances of prevailing.

Who know when we'll be in Mankato again (we aren't playing you next season) and my wife, the pizza freak, wants her Pagliai's fix.

Perhaps Mike Hastings will be feeling benevolent about the 18 years he spent here.

Or, perhaps the Purple Cows 6th ranked, nationally, power play will make our penalty kill look even more ridiculous than it has, even, for the past 2 months.

Just ask UAA, Wisconsin, or UMD. In our last 5 games, we allowed 13 goals in 26 power play opportunities. 50%. I am not kidding.

UNO now has the #53 penalty kill in the nation and we've allowed the most goals of any team in the nation with a winning record as well, 109.

That said, this series is the best possible road scenario we could have asked for. What's gonna happen? I have NO idea. Nothing would shock me at this stage.
          I'm thinking the Red Cows just had their "alcoholic hits rock bottom" moment, where they realize they have to change what they're doing. That's why I'm nervous about this. Or am I overthinking it?

Comment

I really like the way the Mavs are playing right now!

Consistent!

Just make sure the mistakes happen less! Probably would have swept UND last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
              I'm thinking the Red Cows just had their "alcoholic hits rock bottom" moment, where they realize they have to change what they're doing. That's why I'm nervous about this. Or am I overthinking it?
              Could it just be the Purple Mav fan in you that is cautiously optimistic?
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Flying into Minneapolis Friday night, so I will miss that game, but have my tickets for the Saturday night playoff game!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                  Could it just be the Purple Mav fan in you that is cautiously optimistic?
                  I'm not even capable of being cautiously optimistic. On my giddy days, I'm mildly pessimistic

Comment

Good luck Kato! We could use some Purple in St Paul.
                    Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                    Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post

This is what happens when there aren't any trolls, so somebody flame on!

Comment

I will set the over/under on goals allowed by UNO this weekend at 9.5.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                            I will set the over/under on goals allowed by UNO this weekend at 9.5.
                            Do you consider "this weekend" to include 2 days, or 3?

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                              Do you consider "this weekend" to include 2 days, or 3?
                              Therein lies the rub.
                              Originally posted by SJHovey
                              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                              Originally posted by Brenthoven
                              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                              X