Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA First Round: Denver Pioneers vs. Colorado College - Do we really care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA First Round: Denver Pioneers vs. Colorado College - Do we really care?

Originally posted by SCrodent View Post
    Sooooooo.... anyone know what plans are for TV for this one? Living in CA, hoping it might be on Altitude or ROOT so I can watch it out here.
    No TV, games are being webcast on Pio Vision for a fee.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by LackofSuCCess View Post
      IN SPITE OF CC's relative dominance of DU at Magness over the years they wont be able to overcome the burden of having one of the S-H-I-T-tiest coaches in the league. The Pioneers will win this series in three thus hurting their chances for success at the Final Final and NCAA level (DU really isn't that good this year) and mercifully ending another underachieving year for CC under the leadership of their clueless head coach.
      FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!!!!!
      Not sure here, but I think this guy has a dislike for Scott Owens.
      Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
      www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
        Good match up for DU. Gwoz said in the post-game interview that sometimes the motivation is hard to find in the first round of WCHA playoff series. Playing the arch-rival should take care of that. Hope everyone is healthy, and stays healthy. I pick DU in two.

As to attendance--a bigger crowd today than I expected, but a noticeable lack of students. Students won't be around next week, due to spring break.
        I'd expect a tame crowd of about 5000 next weekend, but the hockey should be good! Looking forward to this match up.
        Actually, finals will be going on through the weekend (DU is on a quarter system), so there will be students around, just maybe not as many as there normally would be for a DU/CC game. Priorities, after all
        Last edited by NUCC93; 03-12-2013, 05:26 PM.
        Norwich and UNH fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          Did you get my email response when you emailed me? If there's a particular beer you want, let me know and I'll bring some. If not, tell me what type of beer you like and I'll bring something representative. Personally, I recommend something from Left Hand or O'Dells. New Belgium and Tommyknocker are also respectable breweries. Or you could go with Wynkoop if you like the idea of a brewer/governor.
          Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
          Not sure here, but I think this guy has a dislike for Scott Owens.
          I suspect you may be on to something, dubbie.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
            Did you get my email response when you emailed me? If there's a particular beer you want, let me know and I'll bring some. If not, tell me what type of beer you like and I'll bring something representative. Personally, I recommend something from Left Hand or O'Dells. New Belgium and Tommyknocker are also respectable breweries. Or you could go with Wynkoop if you like the idea of a brewer/governor.
            Sorry, didn't get your response. Must have went to junk because I emailed you through USCHO.

How about Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron or Burton Baton?
            Last edited by Tipsy McStagger; 03-12-2013, 08:25 PM.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Sorry, didn't get your response. Must have went to junk because I emailed you through USCHO.

How about Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron or Burton Baton?
              The way I remember it, the bet was for a Colorado beer.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                The way I remember it, the bet was for a Colorado beer.
                It was. I asked my apparently stupid buddy if he had any suggestions and he said those two. Guess I should have checked it out. I initially was going to request Oskar Ten Fidy or Myrcenary.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

It was. I asked my apparently stupid buddy if he had any suggestions and he said those two. Guess I should have checked it out. I initially was going to request Oskar Ten Fidy or Myrcenary.
                  NOw that I can understand.

I probably ought to try the ten fidy. I will admit to being prejudiced against Oskar Blues because of the can, but I keep hearing good things. Since I generally drink Stouts or Porters, Ten Fidy might be one for me to try. I will start keeping an eye out, to pick up a six of one of those.
                  Last edited by duper; 03-12-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

The current season is not yet complete, but here's a statistical look at how some of Denver's key players did last season and how they are doing thus far this season.

The first set of figures shows goals-assists-points-plus/minus from the completed 2011-2012 season. The second set of figures shows the data for the current season as DU heads toward the playoffs. I've added a short assessment of my own about each player.

Nick Shore 13-28-41 -2/ 13-17-30 -5 Thus far a minus player for a second straight season. It's alarming that Denver's top two scorers are "minus" players in the plus/minus column.

Joey LaLeggia 11-27-38 +15/ 11-18-29 -2 Huge decline in plus/minus. He and Nick Shore clearly miss the collective departures of Beau Bennett, Drew Shore and Jason Zucker.

Shawn Ostrow 11-10-21 +7/ 14-11-25 +17 Strong senior season. Terrific on faceoffs and is on the ice for nearly all important offensive and defensive zone draws late in games.

Ty Loney 10-11-21 +8/ 7-17-24 +8 Has lately overcome an underproductive first half. Superb six assist series against Anchorage last weekend.

Chris Knowlton 12-7-19 +7/ 13-14-27 +4 He struggles to overcome periods of dormancy. Has big weekends followed by disappearences from the scoresheet.

Scott Mayfield 2-10-12 +5/ 4-11-15 +8 Lots of minutes on the ice, too many in the penalty box. When he stays out of the box he's a force, when he doesn't he's a liability.

David Makowski 2-10-12 +6/ 8-17-25 +5 Nice rebound from missing half of last season. has had a strong second half of the season thus far.

Paul Phillips 1-8-9 +1/ 1-10-11 +1 In 144 career games, only 42 penalties, all of them minors. Shows great leadership on the ice with his intelligent play. Not flashy, just rock solid.

Dan Doremus 4--4-8 +7/ 10-10-20 +11 Has become a top flight power forward for Denver.

Zac Larraza 1-4-5 Even/ 11-9-20 +18 Established himself as Pioneers' best forward. I hope Denver can keep him for four years and he doesn't leave for the Coyotes.

Josiah Didier 0-3-3 +6/ 0-7-7 +8 Classic "stay-at-home" defenseman. Lots of ice time. He was injured versus the Seawolves and would be a critical loss if he can't play. A key performer among Denver's defensemen.

Matt Tabrum 0-2-2 -2/ 7-6-13 +2 Solid progress in his sophomore season. Great speed.
                    sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Bumped so Mexico can find it

Still nothing on Didier or Levin.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                        Bumped so Mexico can find it
                        Who will be at the games and who won't? HAHAHAHA, I have two words for you homeboy...
                        Originally posted by vizoroo
                        Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                        Originally posted by duper
                        I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                        Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                        Originally posted by dggoddard
                        Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

It's playoff hockey weather here in Denver as the temperature has plummeted to seventy-three degrees. Brrrr.

From DU's weekly release.
                          INJURY REPORT...The Pioneers enter this weekend’s series with Colorado College with no significant player injuries.
                          Last edited by A Shot and a Goal; 03-14-2013, 07:00 PM.
                          sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                            From DU's weekly release.
                            INJURY REPORT...The Pioneers enter this weekend’s series with Colorado College with no significant player injuries.
                            That is a good thing to hear!

Comment

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZaJ4Zry0Id0/T1npqM-7edI/AAAAAAAAMHM/vdrdqDgS-18/s400/ImageyoxIi9p42FITKnVcJMrduQ==%5B1%5D.jpg******

Comment

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.c...on-taming2.htm

Apparently four legged chairs confuse big cats...... Gwoz can we get some chairs on the ice! GO PIOS! Skin the cats!
                                GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X