Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HE Quarterfinals - #8 Maine @ #1 Lowell

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    LOL! Oh the humanity! All I know was that the usuals all around 107 were having a great time, families included. The abuse and verbal garbage UML fans have been subjected to along with other crap at away venues through the years makes our fans the choirboys of Hockey East. Ever have a knife pulled on you before at a game? No? Then go to BU and old Walter Brown arena? Ever have a Barney Fife cop at UNH actually commit a possible civil rights violation against one of your fans? No? Welcome to being a UML fan (by the way, UNH issued a formal apology the next evening to said fan). So please spare us that a few "sucks' have scarred you for life when there are many other rinks where far worse goes on.
    You forgot the goalie's mother cold cock punching one of our fans (OK, he was being a bit of an idiot but really!) at the civil rights rink. That was the place that Lil got shoved around when he was 3 for being excited that his Daddy's team won and we were going to the garden. Never went back there. Have met perfectly nice, normal fans from all teams that have great sense of humor and enjoy the game. Have also met some people that forget this is a game people! People are dying all over the world for serious things. A game is a game. You are a fan. We are not at war. :ducks and runs:

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll
      why WOULD Bertagna have a problem with any of it?

no, it was not sarcasm, it was a bunch of whiners who do not know the game... I know the difference...

the garbage that the 50 year olds were yelling at the Maine players... "you suck" I noticed you did not care to leave that in my "deleted post" what a classy group.

nor did you leave in the part about your fans not knowing the words to the national anthem.

I was going to take the high road and delete the anti lowell crap because I like the team and not all of your fans are idiots (I mean I did speak with one of my Lowell professors from when I took classes there... and who was also in section 107...and he was ashamed of the crap your fans were yelling)
      0. Why should Joe B, a former player, former coach, noted old curmudgeon, and current commissioner of Hockey East not have a problem with fans deriding his officials handiwork on the ice with sarcastic questions as to whether they knew what icing or tripping were after many faults of the on ice crew? You tell me. Joe had a notebook and was writing in it. Probably about how terrible Lowell fans are and that they'll get the 5 PM game at the Garden just because of their horrid behavior on Thursday night.

1. your sarcasm meter needs adjusting.

2. the you suck chants were mostly pointed at public enemy #1 Joey Diamond (which if you watched his game tonight was rather descriptive).

2.5. Sorry, I copied the most pertinent thoughts.

3. Do YOU know all the words? Ask the Tsongas crew tomorrow night permission to do a duet with whomever is scheduled to sing.

Comment

LOL! Oh the humanity! All I know was that the usuals all around 107 were having a great time, families included. The abuse and verbal garbage UML fans have been subjected to along with other crap at away venues through the years makes our fans the choirboys of Hockey East. Ever have a knife pulled on you before at a game? No? Then go to BU and old Walter Brown arena? Ever have a Barney Fife cop at UNH actually commit a possible civil rights violation against one of your fans? No? Welcome to being a UML fan (by the way, UNH issued a formal apology the next evening to said fan). So please spare us that a few "sucks' have scarred you for life when there are many other rinks where far worse goes on.
        knife incident?

That same Barney Fife series we had to stop an unruly UNH uncle gorilla from taking swings at one of our fans.

edit: les, are we talking about almost the same thing? Touchdown Mikey?
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          knife incident?
          Before your time.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Before your time.
            and yet still... hopefully you'll explain if we end up playing in Manchester or Providence.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Game recap, photos, and video highlights are up.

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...p?mmneuml1.m14
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                So if Maine loses tomorrow is TIMMAY a goner?
                fingers crossed

Comment

Leaving the sandbox and getting back to the game at hand for a moment

Maine played about a good of a road period as one could even hope for in the first. They goaded Lowell into a lot of dumb penalties tonight, especially early in the contest. They gave Lowell zero room to operate in the attack zone and really frustrated the hell out of the River Hawks for the first 31:00 of the game. Things really looked bleak for the River Hawk faithful until Maine took a couple of penalties and Wilson got the power play goal. As a reminder, we are operating under NCAA Tournament Rules. Not only are the goal judges back but every goal is reviewed "upstairs". It is the same rule that is used in football.

After the onslaught of the early third period, I said to ScottK that the play of the game may have not been actually during when the teams were playing tonight. Rather, it was the scrum at the end of the second period that in my mind p/o'ed the River Hawks enough to blow Maine out of the water (no pun intended) at the start the final period, especially with the open ice of the 4x4.

The officiating was dreadful, they had zero semblance of control and it really almost got ugly at the end of the second. I'm glad no one on either side was hurt. Diamond is very lucky he's playing at all tomorrow after the punch to the head. That game reminded me of an ugly Nordiques/Whalers playoff game from the 80's...goon central on both sides.

Lowell has to stay out of the box, a place that they become all too familiar with of late. Two power play goals against is not going to cut in potential future rounds. Taking 37 minute vacations isn't going to cut it either.

Maine has to open it up a little more tomorrow and quite simply, it's not their style. Secondary scoring has been a problem all year long for the Black Bears and someone else has to step-up when Diamond is in the box.

Last general commentary point...there were a row of Maine fans behind me commenting about some "Lowell fans". I can see a few of you have posted some comments. Please, there isn't a rink in this league where anyone's fans are true angels. No matter where you are, there will always be some in the crowd. Alfond's not exactly the VonTrapp Lodge for visiting fans and trust me, I've been to more than my fair share of games in that barn. IMHO, that's the pot calling the kettle black. Let's move on.
                  Last edited by John_Fuller; 03-14-2013, 11:26 PM.
                  - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
                    Probably about how terrible Lowell fans are and that they'll get the 5 PM game at the Garden
                    Um....they get the 5 PM game anyway. They're the #1 seed and as a result they get the first game. The theory behind it is that they have longer to rest before the championship game. For example, in 2008 BC / UNH went three overtimes. The second game (BU/Vermont) didn't start until something like 11:00 p.m. Vermont won, but I'm sure that didn't help them any the next night. Can you imagine the uproar if a #1 seed had to play until 2 in the morning the day of the championship game??

Comment

Are many Maine fans staying in area or god-forbid, travelling back and forth? What a haul that must be.
                      And I have to say, to be fair, they're really getting scre*ed with that off day in between (if there's a Game 3). I realize there was a boxing card scheduled (or something like that) but still, pretty tough to travel down and/or spend an extra night in a hotel just to wait another day. And of course there's SO MUCH to do there! Well, I guess they can go to the textile museum or something...

Comment

Wow, the 8th seed lost to the 1 seed, somehow this is shocking? Maine is a 8th seed for a reason, they aren't very good.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

My favorite Maine fan comment of the night when replying to a comment made about that total sack of garbage Joey Diamond, "Joey Diamond would be the best player on your team. Bar none buddy."

I'll give Scott Wilson, Riley Wemote, Joe Pendenza, Josh Holmstrom and others the bad news.

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                            And to the Maine fan in Section 107, nice threatening one of our fans in our own building, climbing up a row to get in his face.
                            The best part was that he was so angry at me that he ended up missing Maine's 2nd goal!

Tonight was fun. Got to spend some time with some long lost friends and I'm sorry but I'm at a hockey game and I'm going to make noise. I think that being assigned tickets in a season ticket section is a mistake and that everything on the opposite side should be filled first. We know that you're there to enjoy your time and if you choose to sit on your hands, that's your right. Just don't get upset when the home fans (this fan in particular) starts calling out your best player for not living up to expectations. I understand the feeling of being down 4-1 to a better team... I'm a Lowell fan and I've been there before. Just take it in stride and hope that your team comes out and proves me wrong tomorrow (though I'm really hoping that it doesn't happen and will be rooting my butt of against your team of talentless hacks ).

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Wow, the 8th seed lost to the 1 seed, somehow this is shocking? Maine is a 8th seed for a reason, they aren't very good.
                              Hard fought game.... hard fought fans?!?!?! what was i missing sitting over in the student section lol. Quoting Mr. Jack in Mars Attacks "Can't we all just ..... GET ALONG"
                              OH wait this is Hockey East and the Playoffs.... that just doesnt happen hahaha
                              BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                Um....they get the 5 PM game anyway. They're the #1 seed and as a result they get the first game. The theory behind it is that they have longer to rest before the championship game. For example, in 2008 BC / UNH went three overtimes. The second game (BU/Vermont) didn't start until something like 11:00 p.m. Vermont won, but I'm sure that didn't help them any the next night. Can you imagine the uproar if a #1 seed had to play until 2 in the morning the day of the championship game??
                                When Lowell went in 2009, they had the early game against Northeastern. BU was the #1 seed and played in the late game against BC.
                                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X