X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Quarterfinals - #8 Maine @ #1 Lowell

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Classic "sandbagging".
    Yeah, but Maine winning 5 of their last 6 at Tsongas is hard to dispute. It'll take a series sweep and a season sweep next year, at least, to dispel long-time feelings of 'Maine has our number' for me.
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Coach Bazin apparently went to the Belichick school of coaching. From yesterday's Bangor Daily News...
      On the coach's conference call just now, Parker said BU was the underdog to Merrimack. Everyone wants to be the underdog. It wouldn't surprise me if Jerry comes out and says Vermont has a distinct advantage when it comes to coaching

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
        I think if Maine had a "great" balance of youth and experience, it wouldn't have taken until the last weekend of the season to lock up the #8 spot. I'm not sure that's even debatable (then again, everything is debatable on the internet).

That said, they do seem to have developed chemistry from an "us against the world" attitude. How else to explain the fact that their 2nd-half turnaround (if you want to call it that) happened almost entirely away from Alfond?

I think they have a good chance to take one of the first two games and push the series to three -- partly because they're back on the road.
        All I meant by a great balance of youth and experience is the overall production from Shore, Lomberg, Hutton, and S.Swavely countered by leadership from Diamond, Nemec, and Cornell. Obviously the overall record shows a season marred by a horrendous start specifically at the Alfond, but at this point who isn't able to acknowledge the drive and determination of this group as a whole. They definitely have got a dose of reality from this season that nothing comes easy and I agree that us against the world attitude could be the dagger in UML's back.

Has anyone considered that if the series splits on Thursday and Friday that both UML and Maine are at a distinct advantage in that they will have a full days rest before Sunday. Does anyone know what the hell it is that trumped the Hockey East quarterfinals for the #1 Seed on Saturday night? I can't think of one thing that could be happening in the god forsaken place that is Lowell that could possibly be more important than UML hockey right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Kasabian View Post
          All I meant by a great balance of youth and experience is the overall production from Shore, Lomberg, Hutton, and S.Swavely countered by leadership from Diamond, Nemec, and Cornell. Obviously the overall record shows a season marred by a horrendous start specifically at the Alfond, but at this point who isn't able to acknowledge the drive and determination of this group as a whole. They definitely have got a dose of reality from this season that nothing comes easy and I agree that us against the world attitude could be the dagger in UML's back.

Has anyone considered that if the series splits on Thursday and Friday that both UML and Maine are at a distinct advantage in that they will have a full days rest before Sunday. Does anyone know what the hell it is that trumped the Hockey East quarterfinals for the #1 Seed on Saturday night? I can't think of one thing that could be happening in the god forsaken place that is Lowell that could possibly be more important than UML hockey right now.
          The Tsongas was booked for Saturday night, a long time ago. Just like last year.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Classic "sandbagging".
            I agree.

If Lowell plays their game and play determined then they win the series
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

............ I can't think of one thing that could be happening in the god forsaken place that is Lowell that could possibly be more important than UML hockey right now.
              It's hard for us college hockey fans to accept that a dying sport like boxing has precedence. I realize it was scheduled in advance, it's just the appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by '93,'99,?? View Post
                Diet does little other than aggrevate the disease.
                Do some research on SCD, Specific Carbohydrate Diet. CCFA will declare BS but Rush University is in the middle of a double Blind study and I'll bet the results are very encouraging. UMass has also done some work on SCD and their results were fantastic but it was a small group.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

All I meant by a great balance of youth and experience is the overall production from Shore, Lomberg, Hutton, and S.Swavely countered by leadership from Diamond, Nemec, and Cornell.
                  Fair enough. I'm not spoiling for a fight.

For what it's worth -- in my mind, I was attributing that horrific start to the veterans on the team. It was a rough start for everyone, but it's hard to pin that on first-semester freshmen. In October and November, you lean on returning players and take what you can get from the newcomers. This year, it's like both groups have come around at the same time. Again, that's more or less what you expect from youth. A little less than you might hope from the vets. But that's all in the past now. At this point, it's a 2-game season. Let's do it, and see what happens.

/cautious optimism
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Do some research on SCD, Specific Carbohydrate Diet. CCFA will declare BS but Rush University is in the middle of a double Blind study and I'll bet the results are very encouraging. UMass has also done some work on SCD and their results were fantastic but it was a small group.
                    Sounds as though you may have had some personal experience.

Comment

Sounds as though you may have had some personal experience.
                      Yep not crohns but Ulcerative Colitis, my guess is he and I have been on some of the same drugs. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

So who from Maine is coming down, other than Priceless?
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                          I won't be at Tsongas Arena, but if Maine wins the quarterfinal I'll be at TD Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Yep not crohns but Ulcerative Colitis, my guess is he and I have been on some of the same drugs. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
                            All kinds of new studies on this disease Walrus, I've read and researched most of them. Few offer anything as a be all end all solution. Its just not that simple of a disease. It's hundreds of different diseases, each one unique. My son and I have suffered from U.C. the bulk of our lives. I'm sorry for your plight. I'll be down in Lowell for the pre-game. I'll be wearing an est., 1865 Maine t-shirt. Please introduce yourself if you happen to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                              I'm going Friday and Sunday if there is a game. Think they will sell out?

Comment

Originally posted by MainefaninMA View Post
                                I'm going Friday and Sunday if there is a game. Think they will sell out?
                                I'd say since its the quarters, extremely unlikely
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X