Congrats MacNaughton champs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SCSUman66 View Post
    While I'm extremely proud that St. Cloud State finished their final WCHA season with their 1st ever regular season championship, I also tip my cap to the Gophers on an excellent season themselves. Pretty fitting that the final season of the toughest conference in college hockey was probably the closest battle it's seen in quite some time. No time in the last decade has a team scored 29+ points in league play and NOT gotten home ice, and UN-O gets that unlucky distinction of going on the road after getting 30 points. Also kinda fitting that SCSU and Minnesota are the two teams at the top, with SCSU becoming an emerging power with young talent (2 high-scoring freshman forwards, excellent sophomore goaltender), and Minnesota being the perennial contender.

Look forward to an exciting Final Five!
    Sir, I'm going to ask that you take your thoughtful, mature, professional, and sportsmanship words and leave.

Such words have no place in this thread.

Please everyone, resume your irrational behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
      I only wish Dubbs was here to guide us through these murky waters.
      I agree
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        Saw an insane stat last night. Since joining the WCHA UNO is 1-11 in the month of March. That's insane.
        Want to talk swoon? That is a swoon.
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Re: Congrats MacNaughton champs

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
          Want to talk swoon? That is a swoon.
          But Deano!!!!! BESTEST COACH EVAH!
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            So, I sent a nasty email to Bruce. Kept it clean but expressed my displeasure. He said St. Cloud requested it to be presented to them next weekend. Which would be believable unless Lucia was the sneakiest most underhanded coach of all time. But he and Motzko are friends so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
            Now this is a nice little story. However, after seeing Motzko's quote on the location of the Cup, something still doesn't smell right to me.
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Congrats to St Cloud State on winning the Cup for the 1st time!
              GO DU !!!

Comment

So quick question I thought of late last night. Going into the OT in Mankato, UND's position as a 3rd seed was locked up no matter the out come. One the scores in Bemidji and Madison went final, UND was going to be the 3rd seed win, loss, or tie. My question then is, having nothing to lose and a share of the MacNaughton Cup to gain, would Hak have pulled his goalie late in the OT trying to get a share or would he have just let the game end in a tie and claim he didn't know the scores of the other games? Its 2013, everyone in Mankato should have known what was at stake for UND, even if they wont admit it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rtn2GoldCountry;5664780]So quick question I thought of late last night. Going into the OT in Mankato, UND's position as a 3rd seed was locked up no matter the out come. One the scores in Bemidji and Madison went final, UND was going to be the 3rd seed win, loss, or tie. My question then is, having nothing to lose and a share of the MacNaughton Cup to gain, would Hak have pulled his goalie late in the OT trying to get a share or would he have just let the game end in a tie and claim he didn't know the scores of the other games? Its 2013, everyone in Mankato should have known what was at stake for UND, even if they wont admit it.[/QUOTE
                  Interesting. Still, the game had Pairwise implications for UND (though, as it turns out, they lost anyway) and some other teams might have been upset if MSU scored an empty-net game winner and passed them in the conference and/or Pairwise. As someone who was at the game, I spent the first half of the overtime thinking we were a man down anyway, as Grimaldi skated all around our guys and fired shots at will! Incredible performance. Thank God for Stephon.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                    I only wish Dubbs was here to guide us through these murky waters.
                    Almost spit all over my screen.
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      Now this is a nice little story. However, after seeing Motzko's quote on the location of the Cup, something still doesn't smell right to me.
                      What quotes?
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I assume the MacNaughton will be cut down the middle and given to both teams. As it is the final season of the WCHA...at least that's what FSN tells me.
                        Last edited by Biddco; 03-10-2013, 11:46 AM.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

This whole situation is effed up. I think the Mn coaches could have handled it better, but worse then that, the WCHA officials SHOULD have handled the situation better.
                          SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            I assume the MacNaughton will be cut down the middle and given to both teams. As it is the final season of the WCHA...at least that's what FSN tells me.
                            And sold for scrap by the nWCHA afterwards, to help pay the cost of sending teams to Alaska and Huntsville.
                            This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
                            www.twitter.com/johnnyredshoes

Comment

The Gophers also had a shot to win the cup outright going into the weekend, another reason they felt justified in keeping it. Not to many flights from Bemidji to Madison so after Friday night's results nothing could be done about the cup's location. What I want to know is, where is the MacNaughton cup going to be at this summer's Minnesota State Fair? Does SCSU have a building to display the cup in?

Comment

now that UMTC has gotten their celebrating out of the way, SCSU will celebrate before their playoff game, forget they have a game to play and UAA will shock them. You heard it here first.
                                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X