No announcement yet.

RPI 2013 Part V: Who Wants Screech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013 Part V: Who Wants Screech?

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    We just did not play playoff hockey. Too many errors in all phases of the game. Some goaltending, soem defensive, and some up front. Fortuante to have only taken 1 penalty. If nothing else, Brown has a consistent team-they do not not give you much and you have to match that. You cannot give them the chances to score we did tonight. At the same time, to get anything by their goalie you need to keep pressure on and men in front of the net. We had a few quality chances, but not really that many. Would have loved to see this one go to OT and play a lot longer. But tomorrow now is the entire season wrapped up into one game.
    This is just my opinion, but I thought that they came out nervous. Their passes were off, they weren't as aggressive as they have been and they seemed to be chasing the puck all night.
    This is not the confident team we have seen the last twelve weeks.
    I don't know what to expect tonight. If they were nervous about a playoff game, what will they be in an elimination game?
    I will be here tonight rooting and hoping for a win. And if they get it, I will travel up to the field house tomorrow to watch them win a playoff series.
    They just need to remember who they are and play like it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
      Since it is the BIG 4 0 for me today it would be really nice to see the boys bounce back tonight and get the W. Need to play much much better than yesterday. Although SA says he doesn't think it was an issue I really think the week off hurt us. Passes were not crisp, couldn't keep the pucks on sticks, bad judgements on breakaways, and not as physical. Guess I was wrong when I thought they would come out hungry wanting to prove a point and letting people know who RPI hockey is and about. Hope they change that tonight as I would be more than happy to stay sober enough on St. Patty's Day to go to another game!
      Happy Birthday!
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
        Calling Aspy.....calling Aspy.....the chameleon's are out......I repeat........the chameleon's are out!!
        Look what the cat dragged in. It's a shocker that you would chime in now. I missed your great insights during the winning streak.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
          Striking resemblance to our great equipment manager, Dana McGuane.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

My thoughts from last night....This is why I didn't want a bye-that wasn't Engineer hockey we saw yesterday. Our passes weren't crisp, rarely seemed to connect...The little kid behind me remarked that "They always pass it to a Brown"-seemed like more often than not that was true! I thought our energy level was good, so maybe it was a communication problem-we didn't play the team game we've come to exhibit over the past few months. I realized this was our first home loss since Quinnipiac last semester, which makes it even more of a shock to the system-I got used to us winning! It feels like I sat through 60 minutes of OT hockey-early on it started to feel like whoever scored first was going to win, and that 1 goal against felt like ten. At the same time it wasn't a goalie duel-the low score was more a result of the teams spending a ton of energy chasing around the rink, and missing on wide-open scoring chances. Yes, we only took one penalty, but it felt like the refs swallowed the whistles last night. Hopefully we got all the jitters out and play today like any other game-the pressure of the playoffs was getting to me in the stands, and the whole thing felt terrifying.

Out of curiosity, how many people (that weren't at the game) watched the video vs. just listening to WRPI?

Happy birthday Stay@homeDad!

Comment

Originally posted by hrbrendan View Post
              that was a **** performance turned in by a team that expected to win. two weeks to build up to that. pathetic. coaches #1 job is to make sure that doesnt happen. i havent heard his post game comments but he better eat that one with a smile.
              here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtMPQ...layer_embedded
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by hrbrendan View Post
                brown is a bad hockey team with a good goalie.
                Tsk, tsk. Brown is a young, injury-riddled, moderately talented hockey team with a pretty sharp coach, a ton of heart, and a hot goalie that has gone farther this season than anyone had a right to expect.

There, fixed it.

Comment

RPI better win tonight and Sunday....PWR 17th.
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                    Out of curiosity, how many people (that weren't at the game) watched the video vs. just listening to WRPI?
                    I did! Wished I could have been at the HFH, and the video feed wasn't worth the $10,
                    but it was nice to be able to see the game (as great a job as WRPI does!) Only real
                    saving grace was the ability to see all 4 playoff games, so I caught the end of the Union
                    game, and bounced around the others during intermissions.

Looking forward to seeing some quality play tonight from the boys! It's been TOO long since
                    we've been to the small dance...

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      RPI better win tonight and Sunday....PWR 17th.
                      Have you become an RPI fan for a week?
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-16-2013, 12:34 PM. Reason: typo
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                        One game at a time... Follow the process... Be attentive to the details... Saturday first.
                        Skate your game. Go get 'em!

Just win, baby!
                        Agreed. Friday is over. Lets hope they play tonight the way they have the past two months. Zalewski and Bubela looked nervous and lee was awful; trying to be cute. This team can't play cute and win. Lee has to step up. This team needs to get shots on borelliI and charge the net. They are better than brown but need to play their game.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckfan90 View Post
                          I did! Wished I could have been at the HFH, and the video feed wasn't worth the $10,
                          but it was nice to be able to see the game (as great a job as WRPI does!) Only real
                          saving grace was the ability to see all 4 playoff games, so I caught the end of the Union
                          game, and bounced around the others during intermissions.

Looking forward to seeing some quality play tonight from the boys! It's been TOO long since
                          we've been to the small dance...
                          I watched the video feed. The quality wasn't as good as the RPI-TV. It was blury when there was a lot of movement. Brown seemed to pressure the points taking away space and time. Go RPI. Win tonight.

Comment

Playoff hockey. From here on out, it's win or go home. Time to play like your life is on the line - mean, fast, & physical. Let's Go Red!
                            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Season on the brink go red
                              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                                Season on the brink go red
                                Back from the brink-but sitting on the edge now. With Nick injured it will be really tough for us tomorrow. Not only down to 5 defensemen, but missing our offensive quarterback and biggest threat. BTW tonight must have been something at QU-winning 10-0 over Cornell (I will have to check and see if they have ever lost by that much in a playoff game) and the ref handing out 184 minutes in penalties. Big Mike must be taking something to calm down after this one.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X