No announcement yet.

RPI 2013 Part V: Who Wants Screech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013 Part V: Who Wants Screech?

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Don't think the Red Fox is there. Sadder still, the Casa del Sol (best Margaritas this side of Cabo...)in S. Lake is closed ...(new owners managed to drive a thriving enterprise into the ground in short order) Though there is some hope that former owners will resurrect it. Seriously Doc, next time you are thru LP, take Jenny to Liquids and Solids -- food and bev is outstanding, and I say that as a bit of foodie !

I won't compare days -- suffice it say that our OCD/ADD company owner's schtick was wearing quite thin on me today...
    Do they serve goat?
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
      Ah, you engineers.

We liberal-arts Brown grads know the quote makes sense the way Emily wrote it:

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul."

BAM!
      You sure showed us, quoting Emily Dickinson...and on Pi Day, no less.
      Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        You missed the other half which read: "Mares eat oats...and RPI eats Ivies."

LOL. I hope that you are correct.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
          This might be an instance of competing goals. It is not always ideal to move as high as possible on a given weekend -- instead, it might be better to remain a little lower but have a stronger buffer against the teams below you. In my view, this weekend is about shoring up our current position, while Atlantic City (if we make it) would afford us an opportunity to really jump up the rankings.
          That's a good point. I will let you be the judge. I have uploaded a copy of my Enhanced PWR Chart(tm) for each scenario.

http://cool-studio.net/2013-03-13_PWR_WaP.pdf
          http://cool-studio.net/2013-03-13_PWR_RPI92.pdf

In the WaP scenario, Rensselaer is in 13th. A loss to Dartmouth and a following loss in an AC consolation game with SLU drops us to ~17th. A consolation win maintains ~14th. A win over Dartmouth and loss to Quinnipiac lands us at ~13th. I think the WaP picks might be more secure if they pick Niagara to win the tournament; as it is, WaP picks will guarantee that AHA would get a lower tourney winner bid in addition to Niagara. Also, WaP might want to check why Wisconsin takes the PWC from Rensselaer (on the basis of TUC record). It could have something to do with the TUC cliff under the WaP scenario. Or a bug in my mega-pwr spreadsheet!

In the RPI92 scenario, Rensselaer is in 11th. A loss to Yale and a following loss in an AC consolation game with Dartmouth drops us to ~16th. A consolation win maintains ~11th and could immunize us from tournament winners. A win over Yale and loss to Quinnipiac puts us in ~10th.

My rankings for the Atlantic City games are approximate, because I didn't run it for all the other teams that are still alive that could flip some results; I only ran the effects of the Rensselaer games.
          Last edited by RPI92; 03-15-2013, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Ed Weaver's article http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory.

he is also having a live chat online at 5 PM http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...a488891008.txt.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You have until 7PM to get your picks in to the ECAC Pick The Playoffs Contest. http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2013

Round 1 contestants who have not picked yet are:
              bothman
              Brian Sullivan
              burgie12
              cnor79
              fr joe
              gocu11
              H60Hockey
              hockeyplayer1015
              jstadts
              KnucklePuckCU
              Maine-iac
              Nate Owen
              NYhockeyguy
              red133883
              sshablak
              Union93
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Thanks for the Lake Placid suggestions everyone! Yes Doc, I asked about the Charcoal Pit and was told it was torn down about five years ago, I'm sorry.

Here's the picture of the "Do not open" box in Manory's: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3083757_o.jpg (Let me know if it doesn't work)

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                  Thanks for the Lake Placid suggestions everyone! Yes Doc, I asked about the Charcoal Pit and was told it was torn down about five years ago, I'm sorry.

Here's the picture of the "Do not open" box in Manory's: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3083757_o.jpg (Let me know if it doesn't work)
                  For whatever reason, it didn't work in IE, but it worked in Chrome.

Edit: I got it to open in IE.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-15-2013, 11:22 AM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

REDaero91,

Did you got to Manory's to look for the box recently, or had you been aware of its existence before? I am just curious if it had been mentioned here at all since you have been at RPI.

Another question: has anyone heard from Frank Gardiner recently?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      REDaero91,

Did you got to Manory's to look for the box recently, or had you been aware of its existence before? I am just curious if it had been mentioned here at all since you have been at RPI.

Another question: has anyone heard from Frank Gardiner recently?
                      That picture is actually from the first time I went to Manory's with my family, two years ago. I had no idea what it was or why it was there, but it mentioned RPI and the ECAC so I took a picture. I don't think I've seen it mentioned on here at all until now. RKarger and I actually went to Manory's on Wednesday though, and it's still there!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI92 View Post
                        That's a good point. I will let you be the judge. I have uploaded a copy of my Enhanced PWR Chart(tm) for each scenario.

http://cool-studio.net/2013-03-13_PWR_WaP.pdf
                        http://cool-studio.net/2013-03-13_PWR_RPI92.pdf

In the WaP scenario, Rensselaer is in 13th. A loss to Dartmouth and a following loss in an AC consolation game with SLU drops us to ~17th. A consolation win maintains ~14th. A win over Dartmouth and loss to Quinnipiac lands us at ~13th. I think the WaP picks might be more secure if they pick Niagara to win the tournament; as it is, WaP picks will guarantee that AHA would get a lower tourney winner bid in addition to Niagara. Also, WaP might want to check why Wisconsin takes the PWC from Rensselaer (on the basis of TUC record). It could have something to do with the TUC cliff under the WaP scenario. Or a bug in my mega-pwr spreadsheet!

In the RPI92 scenario, Rensselaer is in 11th. A loss to Yale and a following loss in an AC consolation game with Dartmouth drops us to ~16th. A consolation win maintains ~11th and could immunize us from tournament winners. A win over Yale and loss to Quinnipiac puts us in ~10th.

My rankings for the Atlantic City games are approximate, because I didn't run it for all the other teams that are still alive that could flip some results; I only ran the effects of the Rensselaer games.
                        You have way more time on your hands than I do. You might want to look into starting a blog.
                        Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post

I love how it says "please."
                          Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            How are ticket sales? Should I expect to be able to get a walk-up?
                            I'm surprised you're willing to take the risk of getting threatened with a lawsuit again.

Comment

I'm surprised the hockey website doesn't have a link to America One on it for the live video under upcoming events. Not that it matters to me as I will be at HFH but just thought it odd.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                                I'm surprised you're willing to take the risk of getting threatened with a lawsuit again.
                                I'm guessing he'll be travelling with his attorney from Dewey, Chetum & Howe .
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X