No announcement yet.

RPI 2013 Part V: Who Wants Screech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013 Part V: Who Wants Screech?

Just wanted to mention that last night I was able to watch Hockey East on CBSsports network and NBCsports network. Neither game meant much except to the teams playing.
    ECAC was holding its playoffs and they were no where to be found on television.
    Either the president of the organization or the marketing director should resign today.
    What are those guys doing? Next weekend we will be on a computer network, I wonder how many Hockey East games will be on live tv.
    This is a disgrace for the ECACHL.
    JMO
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      Just wanted to mention that last night I was able to watch Hockey East on CBSsports network and NBCsports network. Neither game meant much except to the teams playing.
      Either the president of the organization or the marketing director should resign today.
      What are those guys doing? Next weekend we will be on a computer network, I wonder how many Hockey East games will be on live tv.
      JMO
      EHF: I had 3 different HE regular season games broadcast here on Comcast. And as you mention zero ECAC playoff games. This cannot be a help for recruiting for our league.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        I was thinking the same thing-Kotyra and Murphy did no games yesterday and probably not tonight. Perhaps they are being saved for Cornell at RPI next weekend?

Clarskon at Union last Saturday was apparently Kotyra's last game. Not sure if he'll be working any playoff games or not.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
          Clarskon at Union last Saturday was apparently Kotyra's last game. Not sure if he'll be working any playoff games or not.
          I had seen that mentioned but I thought he might come back just for old time's sake for us.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            JMO
            First thing the ECAC needs to do is go back to an 8 team playoff format. Why would any TV networks want to show these games? Nobody goes to them anyways. 3 of the 4 games last night had less than 1500 attendance which is a disgrace. I cant believe the boxscore at Princeton is correct!!! Anyone saying the ECAC is doing the extra round for the money, I have to ask, where is the money coming from? No TV and no gate means no revenue. Go back to 8 and stop cheapening the regular season.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnk View Post
              First thing the ECAC needs to do is go back to an 8 team playoff format. Why would any TV networks want to show these games? Nobody goes to them anyways. 3 of the 4 games last night had less than 1500 attendance which is a disgrace. I cant believe the boxscore at Princeton is correct!!! Anyone saying the ECAC is doing the extra round for the money, I have to ask, where is the money coming from? No TV and no gate means no revenue. Go back to 8 and stop cheapening the regular season.
              Great points
              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Ugh weekend for attendance in the east... must be spring break in a lot of places... it seems to be spring break when this round takes place...
                Attendance at Princeton 113 (YES, 113!)
                at Dartmouth 2217
                and elsewhere
                at RIT (where some posters say 'it's the best fans, best atmosphere') 940
                Last edited by fr joe; 03-09-2013, 12:50 PM.
                Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                  Ugh weekend for attendance in the east... must be spring break in a lot of places... it seems to be spring break when this round takes place...
                  Attendance at Princeton 113 (YES, 113!)
                  at Dartmouth 2217
                  and elsewhere
                  at RIT (where some posters say 'it's the best fans, best atmosphere) 940
                  There's no way that attendance is right at Princeton. Against Cornell? Brandon Thomas from Cornell athletic dept. estimated approx. 1k were there, so I'm guessing they dropped a digit in the box score.

Not too surprised by RIT attendance, after all they are playing AIC. However they are not on break like a lot of schools are so you'd think that more students would attend.
                  APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                    There's no way that attendance is right at Princeton. Against Cornell? Brandon Thomas from Cornell athletic dept. estimated approx. 1k were there, so I'm guessing they dropped a digit in the box score.

Not too surprised by RIT attendance, after all they are playing AIC. However they are not on break like a lot of schools are so you'd think that more students would attend.
                    They're not exactly doing all that hot this season.

We probably shouldn't be throwing stones, though; I'd be shocked if we hit 2500.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      We probably shouldn't be throwing stones, though; I'd be shocked if we hit 2500.
                      This is a tough weekend for attendance...
                      Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                        Maybe that is 113 base 32 = 1059 base 10.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does someone want to add the "Clarkson still sucks!" tag with the exclamation mark to this thread.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The weather was crummy here for the game and the doom predictors at the weather channel had Princeton set for about 6 inches of snow (which they did not get). Jenny and I have been there for a ton of games and it is only poorly attended when there is a basketball game at home. Most times it is half full even for non Ivy games. I sincerely doubt that the 113 number was correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Does someone want to add the "Clarkson still sucks!" tag with the exclamation mark to this thread.
                              You know I'm the marauder of that.

Comment

You know I'm the marauder of that.
                                I know, but it has been 4 days, so I figured that you forgot.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X