PDA

View Full Version : Pick'em: Quinnipiac vs. Gonzaga (who goes further in their tourney)

yalehockeyfan
03-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Here is some food for thought....

For the first time ever Quinnipiac is ranked #1 in the major hockey poll and similarly for first time ever Gonzaga is ranked #1 in the major basketball poll.
So the question is, who goes further in their respective tournament?
At first glance would certainly appear that Quinnipiac has advantage of a 16 team field (vs. 64 for Zags). But in reality Zags first round game shouldn't count.

I personally think that the odds of Quinnipiac reaching frozen four is just about the same as Gonzaga, but as a Yale fan, I'll say the Zags go further (and Yale beats Q to reach the frozen 4 )....

captain beefheart
03-05-2013, 01:53 PM

For the first time ever Quinnipiac is ranked #1 in the major hockey poll and similarly for first time ever Gonzaga is ranked #1 in the major basketball poll.
At first glance would certainly appear that Quinnipiac has advantage of a 16 team field (vs. 64 for Zags). But in reality Zags first round game shouldn't count.

I personally think that the odds of Quinnipiac reaching frozen four is just about the same as Gonzaga, but as a Yale fan, I'll say the Zags go further (and Yale beats Q to reach the frozen 4 )....How DARE you pollute this hockey board with basketball( BORED ) drivel. With that being said, I say Quinnipiac.

FlagDUDE08
03-05-2013, 01:56 PM
This question cannot very well be answered unless Zags reaches the field of 16.

A Shot and a Goal
03-05-2013, 02:00 PM
Gonzaga's penalty killing is atrocious. Quinnipiac can't rebound. Both fail miserably.

Ralph Baer
03-05-2013, 02:09 PM
What is a Gonzaga?

unh1982
03-05-2013, 02:12 PM
quin. unfortunately has peaked at wrong time , " they boarded the plane , they bought there tickets , i say let them die " ( airplane )

FreshFish
03-05-2013, 02:12 PM
This question cannot very well be answered unless Zags reaches the field of 16.

Hmm...there are many who would say that a failure by Gonzaga to reach the round of 16 does in fact answer the question.

MavHockey14
03-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Q will be one and done, Zags will lose 2nd round. (Virtually one and done.)

LTsatch
03-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Gonzaga would skate circles around Quinnipiac!

kdiff77
03-06-2013, 12:04 AM
How hilarious would it be if somehow Harvard upset Gonzaga in the basketball tournament?

MinnesotaNorthStar
03-06-2013, 03:53 AM
quin. unfortunately has peaked at wrong time , " they boarded the plane , they bought there tickets , i say let them die " ( airplane )I don't know what's worse. The fact that you felt you had to tell us it's a quote from Airplane, or the fact that you quoted it wrong...:D

Sisyphus
03-06-2013, 06:30 AM
I don't know who goes further (it's a bit apples and oranges), but I think it's a safe bet that neither team will make it out of their regional.

FreshFish
03-06-2013, 04:30 PM
OK, I'll say that Quinnipiac progresses further than Gonzaga (in terms of how close to the Final they get) and also that Gonzaga wins more tournament games that Q'pac.

UML
03-06-2013, 04:42 PM
I say Gonzager.

FredDavenport
03-07-2013, 07:08 AM

I personally think that the odds of Quinnipiac reaching frozen four is just about the same as Gonzaga, but as a Yale fan, I'll say the Zags go further (and Yale beats Q to reach the frozen 4 )....

Well done Yalie!