Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick'em: Quinnipiac vs. Gonzaga (who goes further in their tourney)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick'em: Quinnipiac vs. Gonzaga (who goes further in their tourney)

Here is some food for thought....

For the first time ever Quinnipiac is ranked #1 in the major hockey poll and similarly for first time ever Gonzaga is ranked #1 in the major basketball poll.
    So the question is, who goes further in their respective tournament?
    At first glance would certainly appear that Quinnipiac has advantage of a 16 team field (vs. 64 for Zags). But in reality Zags first round game shouldn't count.

I personally think that the odds of Quinnipiac reaching frozen four is just about the same as Gonzaga, but as a Yale fan, I'll say the Zags go further (and Yale beats Q to reach the frozen 4 )....
    -------------
    Yale University 2013 National Champs

Re: Pick'em: Quinnipiac vs. Gonzaga (who goes further in their tourney)

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post

For the first time ever Quinnipiac is ranked #1 in the major hockey poll and similarly for first time ever Gonzaga is ranked #1 in the major basketball poll.
    At first glance would certainly appear that Quinnipiac has advantage of a 16 team field (vs. 64 for Zags). But in reality Zags first round game shouldn't count.

I personally think that the odds of Quinnipiac reaching frozen four is just about the same as Gonzaga, but as a Yale fan, I'll say the Zags go further (and Yale beats Q to reach the frozen 4 )....
    How DARE you pollute this hockey board with basketball( BORED ) drivel. With that being said, I say Quinnipiac.
    You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

This question cannot very well be answered unless Zags reaches the field of 16.

Comment

Gonzaga's penalty killing is atrocious. Quinnipiac can't rebound. Both fail miserably.
        sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

What is a Gonzaga?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

quin. unfortunately has peaked at wrong time , " they boarded the plane , they bought there tickets , i say let them die " ( airplane )

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              This question cannot very well be answered unless Zags reaches the field of 16.
              Hmm...there are many who would say that a failure by Gonzaga to reach the round of 16 does in fact answer the question.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Q will be one and done, Zags will lose 2nd round. (Virtually one and done.)
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Gonzaga would skate circles around Quinnipiac!
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

How hilarious would it be if somehow Harvard upset Gonzaga in the basketball tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                      quin. unfortunately has peaked at wrong time , " they boarded the plane , they bought there tickets , i say let them die " ( airplane )
                      I don't know what's worse. The fact that you felt you had to tell us it's a quote from Airplane, or the fact that you quoted it wrong...
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I don't know who goes further (it's a bit apples and oranges), but I think it's a safe bet that neither team will make it out of their regional.
                        Last edited by Sisyphus; 03-06-2013, 05:35 AM.

Comment

OK, I'll say that Quinnipiac progresses further than Gonzaga (in terms of how close to the Final they get) and also that Gonzaga wins more tournament games that Q'pac.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I say Gonzager.

Comment

Originally posted by yalehockeyfan View Post

Well done Yalie!

Comment

Working...
                              X