Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Norwich Cadets Hockey 2013: The Final Countdown...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norwich Cadets Hockey 2013: The Final Countdown...

Can they go out the same way they came in as freshmen?

Three more wins...

It's the final countdown...
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Norwich Cadets Hockey 2013: The Final Countdown...

They were the "cardiac kids" that year - particularly that nail-biter with Elmira in the quarterfinals where they tied with a last minute goal IIRC and then won in OT. I remember it because I had a room lined up in Lake Placid that was past its one week cancellation period that I thought I was going to get 'stuck" with. And then the 2OT final where a bad bounce of the puck could change the outcome.

We've had a couple similar "cardiac kid" games this year. I recall during the Midd game I walked back to the north end early in the third period to retrieve some gloves I had left there during the second period just as Midd went up 4-2. As I was walking back to the south end I passed by some young Midd fans that were celebrating and I came close to telling them not to count their chickens before they are hatched - and we all know how that one came out as Norwich scored 3 unanswered goals in the third to win in regulation with 7 seconds left.

I hope they have a couple more weeks of magic left in them.

Comment

Yay, finally an NU thread without Oswego in the title! TFG!

Anybody know if there's been a webcast announced for WIT@Babs?

r

Edit: I've applied for a d3hockey.com board user account like 3 times with no confirmation? Do you all hate me that much?!

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
        Yay, finally an NU thread without Oswego in the title! TFG!

Anybody know if there's been a webcast announced for WIT@Babs?

r

Edit: I've applied for a d3hockey.com board user account like 3 times with no confirmation? Do you all hate me that much?!
        It didn't say "Oswego" it said "Owsego"

The d3sports.com people told us that they would expedite known hockey fans. "Somebody" with connections over there will check into it.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          It didn't say "Oswego" it said "Owsego"

The d3sports.com people told us that they would expedite known hockey fans. "Somebody" with connections over there will check into it.
          Hopefully we'll get to make it Owwwwwwwswego in a couple weeks!

r

Comment

I've applied for a d3hockey.com board user account like 3 times with no confirmation? Do you all hate me that much?!
            Only twice for me with no response...I feel better now!
            Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

Originally posted by polarbear2 View Post
              Only twice for me with no response...I feel better now!
              I "applied" once last season, and just figured it was broken....then twice this season to no avail. It's easier to become a free mason!

r

Comment

I "applied" once last season, and just figured it was broken....then twice this season to no avail. It's easier to become a free mason!

r
                I really think it must be something I said
                Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

Originally posted by polarbear2 View Post
                  I really think it must be something I said
                  I'm thinking is something I DID! I prolly "stole" a chick from coiner or Healy from frankensteins back in the day...that'll set the fans off, if they knew about it!

Comment

I'm thinking is something I DID! I prolly "stole" a chick from coiner or Healy from frankensteins back in the day...that'll set the fans off, if they knew about it!
                    Emails have been sent up the line concerning both of you...

If you use the same names as here and try again, it should help.
                    Last edited by NUProf; 03-05-2013, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Derek, Charlie - any word on Video for Sat?

Comment

Darn, missed the closing of the thread, went to bed early. Oh well. FYI, Babson should be streaming their game against Wentworth on fasthockey.com. Don't know if it will be free like the last time, but I will be watching no matter what. If everyone remembers, Wentworth was the team that started the huge brawl in front of Norwich's bench...100 minutes of penalties to them and 91 to us. Ugly. Don't think they play that way anymore, they are down in the 50's ranking for PIM. That point may be moot though, I am thinking Babson will win it, but who knows?
                        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          Derek, Charlie - any word on Video for Sat?
                          When we know we'll put something out.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                            Darn, missed the closing of the thread, went to bed early. Oh well. FYI, Babson should be streaming their game against Wentworth on fasthockey.com. Don't know if it will be free like the last time, but I will be watching no matter what. If everyone remembers, Wentworth was the team that started the huge brawl in front of Norwich's bench...100 minutes of penalties to them and 91 to us. Ugly. Don't think they play that way anymore, they are down in the 50's ranking for PIM. That point may be moot though, I am thinking Babson will win it, but who knows?
                            Last year's NCAA quarterfinal was nothing like said brawl that I've heard stories about.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

We're pleased to announce that both the Norwich men's and women's quarterfinals will be video streamed live by NSN.

However, the link WILL be different because we have to use a different channel that does not incorporate the Norwich or NSN logo on it per the NCAA mandate.

When we know the link, I'll post it on here and also it will be posted on the Norwich schedule page, which in turn links up with the other d3 site....
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X