This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver--XXXV

Jay Z sent to Houston today to play in the playoffs for the Aeros. He was getting minimal ice time in Minny. Colborne still on Leafs roster although he hasn't dressed since April 8th. The Marlies are in the AHL playoffs and he could re-join them for their playoff run. Nick Shore has yet to play for LA and doesn't have a number assigned to him on the roster on their website. His deal reportedly has him on the NHL roster for this remainder of this season. Bridgeport's season in the AHL is finished and it will be interesting to see if Matt Donovan gets the call to the playoff bound Islanders. Matt's teammate, Scott Mayfield, season is also over. Beau Bennett could well be on the way to winning a Stanley Cup for the talent laden Penguins. He has 14 points in 24 games and is +8. He has 5 points in the last 5 games. Chevy has backstopped the Binghamton Senators into the AHL playoffs. Mannnino is the back-up in Manchester who has also made the AHL playoffs. Brett Skinner (Grand Rapids) and William Wrenn (Texas) seasons continue in the AHL in the playoffs. John Lee and the San Antonio Rampage's season is over. Jussi Olkinoura (St. Johns) and Tyler Ruegsegger (Abbottsford) season are also over.
    Last edited by du78; 04-22-2013, 01:39 PM.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
      The Fighting Saints swept Muskegon and will play against the Youngstown Phantoms on Friday in the Eastern Conference finals. Glad to see even though he has big plans on the horizon, he is still concentrating on the moment.
      AND when he wins in the USHL he will be putting together a game plan for Denver 2 days later(He's Driven/Has Passion).

Comment

I just saw that Brandon Vossberg won a championship with the Pensacola Ice Flyers of the Southern Professional Hockey League. Pretty much the dregs of pro hockey in NOrth America, but...

Comment

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
          I used to call the Central Hockey League the dregs, but as usual i was confused, if not worng. It is still "living the dream" of playing and getting paid. While it wasn't hockey for me, i was lucky enough to be living my dream striding around in the woods with a pulaski and a shovel. Sometimes it sucked, but it was still da dream and i was a champion too. It took some drunken badgers at the last Frogurt Four in St. Paul to show me the erorr/confuziation of my thinking. Thatsa pretty humbling... stinkin badgers...
          It's that point where you really aren't playing for money, because you could probably make more sitting behind a desk somewhere, and you aren't playing to be a star, because that ship has sailed. If you were ever going to play in the NHL, you would have jumped at least to the ECHL out of the gate. But you're still plyaing. And as long as it's still fun, I think it's great. If you're playing in one of those leagues and it isn't fun, then you probably need to figure some stuff out.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
            Jay Z sent to Houston today to play in the playoffs for the Aeros. He was getting minimal ice time in Minny. Colborne still on Leafs roster although he hasn't dressed since April 8th. The Marlies are in the AHL playoffs and he could re-join them for their playoff run. Nick Shore has yet to play for LA and doesn't have a number assigned to him on the roster on their website. His deal reportedly has him on the NHL roster for this remainder of this season. Bridgeport's season in the AHL is finished and it will be interesting to see if Matt Donovan gets the call to the playoff bound Islanders. Matt's teammate, Scott Mayfield, season is also over. Beau Bennett could well be on the way to winning a Stanley Cup for the talent laden Penguins. He has 14 points in 24 games and is +8. He has 5 points in the last 5 games. Chevy has backstopped the Binghamton Senators into the AHL playoffs. Mannnino is the back-up in Manchester who has also made the AHL playoffs. Brett Skinner (Grand Rapids) and William Wrenn (Texas) seasons continue in the AHL in the playoffs. John Lee and the San Antonio Rampage's season is over. Jussi Olkinoura (St. Johns) and Tyler Ruegsegger (Abbottsford) season are also over.
            Donovan is tied for first for most points by a defenseman in the regular season. Hope he gets the call up.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Congrats to Brandon Vosberg! Lost track of him after Cutthroats Training Camp.
              But in the deciding game of the best-of-three President’s Cup Finals, the lid on the net came off early as Patrick Knowlton* was left unattended at the left corner of the crease. A sweet combination of passes from John Dunbar to Brandon Vossberg behind Kallechy set up a chance that Knowlton buried.
              * Knowlton-Sacred Heart Class of 2011 and older brother of Chris.

Sens only goal against the Pens, Power Play Goal--howitzer from the point--Patrick Wiercioch. 5-14-19 +8
              Beau Bennett missed the game with an "upper body injury"
              Nice feature on Beau
              GO DU !!!

Comment

USCHO article about Montgomery http://www.uscho.com/2013/04/23/mont...e-is-in-place/.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                  It's that point where you really aren't playing for money, because you could probably make more sitting behind a desk somewhere, and you aren't playing to be a star, because that ship has sailed. If you were ever going to play in the NHL, you would have jumped at least to the ECHL out of the gate. But you're still plyaing. And as long as it's still fun, I think it's great. If you're playing in one of those leagues and it isn't fun, then you probably need to figure some stuff out.
                  How much does one get paid in the lower minor leagues of hockey? 20K? 30K? 40K?
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    How much does one get paid in the lower minor leagues of hockey? 20K? 30K? 40K?
                    I don't know how old this article is, or much these amounts have been changed but...

AHL - Minimum per negotiated agreement is $39,000 per year, average salary is &85,000

ECHL - $12,400 per week salary cap for 20 players, minimum salary $380 per week. So that's an average of $620 per week at the cap. If they make that for, say, 25 weeks per year, that would be a minimum of $9,500, an average of $15,500.

CHL - $10,200 per week cap for 18 players, with a $335 per week minimum. So using the 25 week season, $8,375 per year minimum and about $14,200 average

SPHL - $5,600 per week cap for 18 players, no minimum. So again using a 25 week season, an average of about $7,800 per year.

I think it's safe to say that every player in the CHL and SPHL, and probably every player in the ECHL has SOME other form of income, even if it's Mom and Dad paying the rent.
                    Last edited by duper; 04-23-2013, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I don't know how old this article is, or much these amounts have been changed but...

AHL - Minimum per negotiated agreement is $39,000 per year, average salary is &85,000

ECHL - $12,400 per week salary cap for 20 players, minimum salary $380 per week. So that's an average of $620 per week at the cap. If they make that for, say, 25 weeks per year, that would be a minimum of $9,500, an average of $15,500.

CHL - $10,200 per week cap for 18 players, with a $335 per week minimum. So using the 25 week season, $8,375 per year minimum and about $14,200 average

SPHL - $5,600 per week cap for 18 players, no minimum. So again using a 25 week season, an average of about $7,800 per year.

I think it's safe to say that every player in the CHL and SPHL, and probably every player in the ECHL has SOME other form of income, even if it's Mom and Dad paying the rent.
                      Originally posted by s11r9seat8
                      Anybody out there wanna pay me 20K? 30K? 40K to figure some stuff out for them? I promise a bad deal, but hey, it might be fun. I've never been called dregs, but scumbag should suffice...
                      thought it was more ... way off.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Looking at the references on that site, here are the corresponding CBAs (at least for AHL, ECHL, CHL): http://www.phpa.com/en/content/home/...ng-agreements/

Comment

From the twitter world

Scott Mayfield ‏@scottmayfield2 8m
                          Great time in Bridgeport but excited to get back to Denver tomorrow... Except for that class thing I have to do

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

It's a Shore thing
                            Short Handed, Empty Net goal, First goal since Feb. 28, First point since March 8
                            Scoring from his own end to put the Panthers up 3-1, Drew Shore in what turned out to be his first NHL game-winner when he scored with less than a minute-and-a-half to play in the contest.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Denver plays Michigan in men's lacrosse this Saturday at Barton Stadium. There are eight teams in the conference. Each team plays every other team once in conference play for a total of seven games. Loyola is currently in first place with a record of 6-1. Denver has a record of 5-1. If Denver beats Michigan the Pioneers would improve to 6-1 in ECAC play.

Since Denver beat Loyola 13-12 in overtime on April 13, I assume the tiebreaker would go to Denver and the Pioneers would earn the #1 seed in the conference post-season tourney which is being held next weekend. There are a couple of hundred tickets left for the noontime start. The forecast is terrific for Saturday with lots of sunshine and temps in the low 70s being predicted by the weatherguessers. I hope some local alums will be inclined to buy a ticket or two before there are none remaining. Hope to see some folks at the game.

The game is going to be shown on Pioneer Vision and Comcast (channel 105 in the Denver area).

Here are the current ECAC standings.
                              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

FYI, the DU Hockey Awards Banquet is Friday Night at The Cable Center on campus. It begins at 6 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X