X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver--XXXV

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
    OK, who do we like? I have a good feeling about Greg Brown. All those years under Jerry York?, he had to have learned something!!
    Appert is still the favorite. He will be offered the job and it is his if he wants it

LaLonde will be offered the job if Appert declines

Then Brown

Montgomery, is an interesting late addition, kind of a wild card. Does he take the DU head coaching job or Maine head coaching job? Is he just using the DU interview to leverage his Maine neg.Great coach though, but not allot college experience. Rumor has it he wants a shot to coach in the pros, so I think he is looking for a HC job where he can have the kind of success that could open up a pro job. Would that be Maine or DU?

Comment

Personally, I would like to see Appert get the job but any one of the four is qualified. Not a bad choice in the bunch.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        Personally, I would like to see Appert get the job but any one of the four is qualified. Not a bad choice in the bunch.
        Say more things like that!!!
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Jerry York has had a long, illustrious, successful career as head coach with stops at Clarkson, Bowling Green and BC. I believe this past season was his fortieth as a head coach. Further, I think he turns sixty-eight this summer. He is firmly enough entrenched at BC that he'll be able to orchestrate his departure--as he sees fit--from the head coaching position. Having said that, I think it's likely he'll be stepping down in the next few years.

Many head coaches in division 1 college sports have so-called "dream clauses" in their contracts which allow them to pursue certain specific coaching positions--without financial penalty--should they become open. Where Greg Brown is concerned the possibility of his wanting to pursue the BC when it becomes open should be considered by the search committee at Denver. Brown may want the DU job, he may be the best qualified for the job, he may be offered the DU job. If/when York retires in the near future Greg Brown would likely pursue the job at BC. Denver would be well advised to consider right now whether it wants to face the prospect of hiring another head hockey coach in relatively short order should it hire Greg Brown now. Under no circumstance am I suggesting Brown be dismissed as a potential head coach for Denver, but rather, that Denver needs to weigh the possibility Brown could bid the Pioneers farewell in short order when Jerry York retires.

Just my $.02.
          sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
            Jerry York has had a long, illustrious, successful career as head coach with stops at Clarkson, Bowling Green and BC. I believe this past season was his fortieth as a head coach. Further, I think he turns sixty-eight this summer. He is firmly enough entrenched at BC that he'll be able to orchestrate his departure--as he sees fit--from the head coaching position. Having said that, I think it's likely he'll be stepping down in the next few years.

Many head coaches in division 1 college sports have so-called "dream clauses" in their contracts which allow them to pursue certain specific coaching positions--without financial penalty--should they become open. Where Greg Brown is concerned the possibility of his wanting to pursue the BC when it becomes open should be considered by the search committee at Denver. Brown may want the DU job, he may be the best qualified for the job, he may be offered the DU job. If/when York retires in the near future Greg Brown would likely pursue the job at BC. Denver would be well advised to consider right now whether it wants to face the prospect of hiring another head hockey coach in relatively short order should it hire Greg Brown now. Under no circumstance am I suggesting Brown be dismissed as a potential head coach for Denver, but rather, that Denver needs to weigh the possibility Brown could bid the Pioneers farewell in short order when Jerry York retires.

Just my $.02.
            Your dead on. Brown and Montgomery will be flight risks. Montgomery wants to coach in the pros, Brown back to BC when York retires. I guess you could throw Appert name in there ot with Ferris State, though I don't think he would leave DU-NCHS for Ferris-WCHA

Unless........York's replacement has already been determined (Cavanaugh-AC) and only those close in the inner circle would know that (Brown-AS is one of those). If it's not going to be Brown and he already knows that, why not jump at the DU HC job?
            Last edited by thetruthhurts; 04-12-2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

GregBrown.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                If you're going to quote me to make some titanic point, I'd appreciate quotation marks and attribution.

Not to worry, your quote remains at the top of my signature block.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBossMan View Post
                  Not to worry, your quote remains at the top of my signature block.
                  Yet another in a seemingly endless stream of non sequiturs.
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 04-12-2013, 05:57 PM.
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Congrats to Juho Olkinoura on being named a second team All American in the West.

Comment

Congrats to Juho Olkinoura on being named a second team All American in the West.
                      Yup. That save against the Sioux was one of the all time greats.
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        Yup. That save against the Sioux was one of the all time greats.
                        ....as opposed to the stick faux pas against CC in the playoffs....

But Jussi was terrific this season and the accolade is deserved.

Comment

One of the candidates, has also been named Asst Coach for the WJC team....I forgot who. Keep in mind, that David Lassonde is also returning to the WJC next year as an assistant. So what if the DU Head Coach and Assistant Coach both went to the WJC? That means.... would any Denver fans like to be guest coaches when DU hosts Brown? Heck yeah; I'd be up for that! (as long as I got some Swag)
                          I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Very well deserved!!

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                            One of the candidates, has also been named Asst Coach for the WJC team....I forgot who. Keep in mind, that David Lassonde is also returning to the WJC next year as an assistant. So what if the DU Head Coach and Assistant Coach both went to the WJC? That means.... would any Denver fans like to be guest coaches when DU hosts Brown? Heck yeah; I'd be up for that! (as long as I got some Swag)
                            It is Brown from BC.

Jay Z recalled by Wild

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-from-houston/
                            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Any speculation on how DU's TV coverage will be next year? I'm hoping they'll have more home games televised than last year.
                              I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Maine station WCSH (NBC affiliate) is reporting Jim Montgomery has been offered the Denver coaching job.

Comment

Working...
                                X