X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver--XXXV

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 12m

Gwozdecky vs. DU. He told me 2 weeks ago an extension was coming. Blow-up 2day at school in mtg. Only coach to win 20 games last 12 years

Blow-up? Was there bad blood?
    Ok, so I'm picturing Gwoz standing up on a conference table with out stretched arms and a confused look on his face...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Maybe the subject drifted to Boone. Jokes aside, I have mixed feelings about this. He is a winner, that is certain, but recently has not had the ability to push the team in important games. My wife has been advocating this for a while, new coaching may do wonders, but she still thinks this is April's Fools.

Comment

Originally posted by COHockey View Post
        Maybe the subject drifted to Boone. Jokes aside, I have mixed feelings about this. He is a winner, that is certain, but recently has not had the ability to push the team in important games. My wife has been advocating this for a while, new coaching may do wonders, but she still thinks this is April's Fools.
        I don't see this being an April Fool's joke. I agree that somehow something has been getting lost, and the team just hasn't been performing to it's talent. Honestly, short of Steve Miller taking over, which seems like it might be a possibility if he doesn't resign in solidarity with Gwoz, it is hard to imagine not having a big ol' drop off in recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Ok, so I'm picturing Gwoz standing up on a conference table with out stretched arms and a confused look on his face...
          Before walking across the table and saying he was confused to where the exit was.

On the plus side, Georgey Porgey can now focus entirely upon his book writing career.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Wow...he has exhibited some odd behavior this season ( starting with fielding an incomplete roster) but I did not expect this...

Obviously our verbal commits could be open for poaching and the LOI-signed guys could possibly seek releases, though when Gwoz came from Miami he made sure his recruits stuck with Miami inspite of his departure, so I hope he takes the same position now.

Comment

Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 12m

Gwozdecky vs. DU. He told me 2 weeks ago an extension was coming. Blow-up 2day at school in mtg. Only coach to win 20 games last 12 years

Gwoz2Yukon

Comment

• Originally posted by duper View Post
                I don't see this being an April Fool's joke. I agree that somehow something has been getting lost, and the team just hasn't been performing to it's talent. Honestly, short of Steve Miller taking over, which seems like it might be a possibility if he doesn't resign in solidarity with Gwoz, it is hard to imagine not having a big ol' drop off in recruiting.
                Personally, I would be shocked if Steve Miller is our next coach...

Comment

I was shocked to read this. I think the guy is a great coach and did great things for DU Hockey. Wish him the best.

I am sure DU will find a talented coach. Cary Eades comes to mind. Guentzel as well.

Comment

No joke, its all over 9news and Denver Post. This would be the ultimate troll if it wasn't true.
                    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                    www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Mike Chambers ‏@MChambersDP 4m

Grade-A source says George Gwozdecky did not resign. Forced out, terminated, for lack of NCAA success and failure to come to terms 4 ext
                      Forced out. Wow. Two weeks ago extension was a forgone conclusion. Another reason to dislike the current DU AD.

Comment

Gwoz was the man for DU. The back to back national championships provided amazing memories, and he was a great representative of DU--articulate, well spoken, great coach, just a great guy. Too bad DU couldn't work out a new contract. I hate to think that having to overpay a basketball coach contributed to this, but maybe more details will emerge.

Thanks for the memories. As sad of a day as this is, I'm also excited to see who will lead DU next. Go Pioneers, and good luck to coach Gwozdecky in his next adventure. 19 years was an incredible run!!!

Comment

No use in crying over the past. Ready for the future. New coach, new look, I hope not too many of the boys jump ship now. Might be an opportune time to stay and win a national championship next year.

Comment

Forced out. Wow. Two weeks ago extension was a forgone conclusion. Another reason to dislike the current DU AD.
                            Approx. how much was Gwoz making at DU ?
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

No use in crying over the past. Ready for the future. New coach, new look, I hope not too many of the boys jump ship now. Might be an opportune time to stay and win a national championship next year.
                              I think the players are probably in obsolute shock. As I am at the moment.
                              Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                              www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                Approx. how much was Gwoz making at DU ?
                                $221k base.
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X