D3 Tournament Rants, Raves, Whines and Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D3 Tournament Rants, Raves, Whines and Predictions

Well, the seeds are sown, the games are scheduled. Here's your chance..have at it
    Mark it 8, Dude

Re: D3 Tournament Rants, Raves, Whines and Predictions

Originally posted by polarbear2 View Post
    Well, the seeds are sown, the games are scheduled. Here's your chance..have at it
    I noticed that all of the host teams are on top in the bracket on the NCAA site, but it has River Falls on top of Gustavus...Gustavus is hosting right??

Nevermind...Middlebury is above Norwich too.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
      I noticed that all of the host teams are on top in the bracket on the NCAA site, but it has River Falls on top of Gustavus...Gustavus is hosting right??

Nevermind...Middlebury is above Norwich too.
      Yeah, that was confusing. Asterisk denotes home team.

Comment

Originally posted by dontyelldad View Post
        Yeah, that was confusing. Asterisk denotes home team.
        I might be looking at a different spot than you, but I dont' see any Asterisk's lol.

All in all, I think the NCAA got it right. River Falls won the comparison over Manhattanville. Especially when you looked at results against ranked. 2-7 vs 7-5. Now I know you guys will say that the Eastern Teams are better...blah blah blah...but River Falls beat the teams they were supposed to...Manhattanville lost to Utica
        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

blah blah blah...but River Falls beat the teams they were supposed to...Manhattanville lost to Utica
          Hmmm leading 2 - 0 with less than 2 minutes to go and end up losing the Championship Game (on home ice) to a team that was barely on the radar, hardly qualifies as beating the teams they were supposed to.

Comment

Call it my Platty-centric thinking, but I have to question pinning the Platty/SNC winner against the Norwich/EC winner. Unless they're considering Norwich the "4 seed," which doesn't seem likely.

Comment

...blah blah blah...but River Falls beat the teams they were supposed to...Manhattanville lost to Utica
              Originally posted by dgrand View Post
              Hmmm leading 2 - 0 with less than 2 minutes to go and end up losing the Championship Game (on home ice) to a team that was barely on the radar, hardly qualifies as beating the teams they were supposed to.
              good point by dgrand.....BTW....I thought Manhattanville lost to Norwich ?.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                good point by dgrand.....BTW....I thought Manhattanville lost to Norwich ?.
                They did...but lost to Utica earlier in the season
                UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

I might be looking at a different spot than you, but I dont' see any Asterisk's lol.
                  Check the PDF:

http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/fi...en_d3_2012.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by nyi19 View Post
                    Call it my Platty-centric thinking, but I have to question pinning the Platty/SNC winner against the Norwich/EC winner. Unless they're considering Norwich the "4 seed," which doesn't seem likely.
                    I agree it's hard to see Norwich falling behind Bowdoin in the seeding, unless Bowdoin gets credit for the NESCAC being a tougher conference than the ECAC-E ...

But I don't see any way the pairings work out unless Bowdoin is #3 and Norwich #4.

Actually, the 2/26 NCAA poll had Norwich just ahead of Bowdoin in the East, and the win over Middlebury may have put them ahead ...

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/icehock...ional_rankings
                    Last edited by dontyelldad; 03-04-2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dontyelldad View Post
                      I agree it's hard to see Norwich falling behind Bowdoin in the seeding, unless Bowdoin gets credit for the NESCAC being a tougher conference than the ECAC-E ...

But I don't see any way the pairings work out unless Bowdoin is #3 and Norwich #4.

Actually, the 2/26 NCAA poll had Norwich just ahead of Bowdoin in the East, and the win over Middlebury may have put them ahead ...

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/icehock...ional_rankings
                      That's for the NC$$ Committee to know and the rest of us never to find out.

Comment

It's been posted on the Plattsburgh State website that Plattsburgh's game with St. Norbert will be at 4:00 pm on Saturday, March 9th. Tickets will go on sale around 2:30 that afternoon.

I'm curious: Which airport is St. Norbert flying into?
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95
                        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                          It's been posted on the Plattsburgh State website that Plattsburgh's game with St. Norbert will be at 4:00 pm on Saturday, March 9th. Tickets will go on sale around 2:30 that afternoon.

I'm curious: Which airport is St. Norbert flying into?
                          Plattsburgh Airport maybe ?.

Other choice would be Montreal for a larger center nearby, but then everyone needs to clear Customs twice so don't see that as an option.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                            Plattsburgh Airport maybe ?.

Other choice would be Montreal for a larger center nearby, but then everyone needs to clear Customs twice so don't see that as an option.
                            Burlington would be the logical choice not Montreal, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
                              Burlington would be the logical choice not Montreal, eh?
                              Question. How long does it take to get from Burlington to Plattsburgh, and what is the best way? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X