NMU At Michigan: **Swear Words**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU At Michigan: **Swear Words**

The last time I was at Yost for a game was in 2010. I think we parked somewhere in back of Yost near the IM bldg. I'm going this Friday and was wondering if you M fans could tell me a good place to park (free, I'm cheap) off of Hoover maybe and then walk a little to Yost. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
      The last time I was at Yost for a game was in 2010. I think we parked somewhere in back of Yost near the IM bldg. I'm going this Friday and was wondering if you M fans could tell me a good place to park (free, I'm cheap) off of Hoover maybe and then walk a little to Yost. Any suggestions? Thanks!
      There's also the neighborhood across State Street from Yost (look on a map). When we used to drive to games, we'd always find parking there. But now we walk.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtyme25 View Post
        Real bad news for the Cat's.........

I just heard from a NMU player that Matt Thurber broke his leg at practice today.

Losing your leading scorer a couple days before the playoffs start, OUCH!
        That sucks to hear. Hope he gets better quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          There's also the neighborhood across State Street from Yost (look on a map). When we used to drive to games, we'd always find parking there. But now we walk.
          If you're >30 minutes before game time, you should have no problem finding street parking in either the neighborhood East of State (as alfa describes here) or North of Hoover, just watch for the one way signs, and some of the two way streets only have parking on one side. Not a terrible walk from those neighborhoods.

There's also a parking lot at Hill (north of Hoover) and Division. A little further walk, but usually has open spots.

I think they've upped the price for parking in the University lot next to Yost to $10.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Maybe you got some more info, but it's a good thing you asked- I just got an e-mail from the athletic department telling us to drive early to the game- there are multiple events happening on campus. So come early.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              So come early.
              I got the same e-mail.

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              If you're >30 minutes before game time....Not a terrible walk from those neighborhoods.
              Thank you both!

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

I got the same e-mail.

Thank you both!
                The walk from the Division/Hill parking lots is about five minutes, walk down Division, across Hoover and cut through next to the Reveille Hall (U-M Band) building. Those are fairly small lots, so yes, the earlier you arrive the better. Also, fans can park at the Crisler Center parking lot off of Stadium Blvd. which is also free. That walk is about the same-5-7 minutes.

Comment

Gameday!

Lets go Cats!!! Go Cats! Go Cats! GO CATS GO!!!
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

wheres your seats
                    96/98 ncaa champsmeechigan wolves stanley cup chanpions the detroit red wings nd the detroit ****tons

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                      The walk from the Division/Hill parking lots is about five minutes, walk down Division, across Hoover and cut through next to the Reveille Hall (U-M Band) building. Those are fairly small lots, so yes, the earlier you arrive the better. Also, fans can park at the Crisler Center parking lot off of Stadium Blvd. which is also free. That walk is about the same-5-7 minutes.
                      Thanks. Fortunately, I know that neighborhood pretty good as my brother lived on Division at John back in the day--a million years ago.

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      Gameday!

Lets go Cats!!! Go Cats! Go Cats! GO CATS GO!!!
                      Always nervous when we're at Yost, plus M has been doing well of late. But, I hope the 'Cats can give them a good, hard fought series, even if they are minus Thurber.

Haven't been to A2 in a few years, looking forward to the first two games. Go 'Cats!

Comment

Haven't been to A2 in a few years, looking forward to the first two games. Go 'Cats!
                        I hope you enjoy your time in town....but not NMU winning enjoyment.

Go Blue! I believe most of our students will still be on Spring Break. I wonder how many are coming back for the b-ball game Sunday. If this series goes to a Sunday, we might get some students.

Could be worse, could be spending Spring break in Alaska like the Spartans.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

McInchak and Wilkins are our officials.

God help us all.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                            McInchak and Wilkins are our officials.

God help us all.
                            With Tunison and Molina for linesman. Complain if you want, but these are some of the best officials the CCHA has to offer.
                            (Maybe they can even count to 7)

Arenas visited:

Comment

Had an excellent view of Ludwig trying to clear the puck from the crease and instead hitting it in for the Wolverines

Edit: and it was a ppg, with these refs proving they can count to 6
                              Last edited by wolverineTrumpet; 03-08-2013, 06:50 PM.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                With Tunison and Molina for linesman. Complain if you want, but these are some of the best officials the CCHA has to offer.
                                (Maybe they can even count to 7)
                                Those are the best AR's in the league. McInchak is decent, but Wilkins is a putz. Both let things go pretty much after the first period. Ironically, both teams had too many men calls.

Comment

Working...
                                X