The Alliance is Dead! Long live the Alliance! PC/Lowell 3/8 & 3/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    I'm so used to the Coffin never selling out, that the thought honestly never occurs to me unless we play BC.
    I just grabbed 4 tickets for Saturday. Are they still selling the canned beer in Friends of Friars room?

Comment

Re: The Alliance is Dead! Long live the Alliance! PC/Lowell 3/8 & 3/9

Looks like I'll be at the Abbey by 4pm to catch the UNH / Maine game on NESN.
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
        I just grabbed 4 tickets for Saturday. Are they still selling the canned beer in Friends of Friars room?
        Absolutely! Some Gansett for you!
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
          Well in live in prov...went to unh game half full and same size....ive played hockey there as a kid hundreds of times..rink is not altered.
          You're not so good at reading comprehension, are you? Schneider typically holds 3,030, but due to outside construction that is blocking several of the fire exits, the fire marshall has ordered the capacity be downsized to 2,089 for the remainder of this season. Thus, PC has had two sellouts (BU and BC), based on the amount of tickets that can be sold.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
            You're not so good at reading comprehension, are you? Schneider typically holds 3,030, but due to outside construction that is blocking several of the fire exits, the fire marshall has ordered the capacity be downsized to 2,089 for the remainder of this season. Thus, PC has had two sellouts (BU and BC), based on the amount of tickets that can be sold.
            Didn't they sell out the Merrimack and Northeastern game? Also they sold out the BC game before the capacity got put down.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              Didn't they sell out the Merrimack and Northeastern game? Also they sold out the BC game before the capacity got put down.
              Not sure, I just know that the most recent BU and BC games were capped at 2,089. The first BC one may have been a 3,030 sellout; I remember it getting decent coverage on the news and Schneider looked pretty packed.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulG View Post
                Lowell is really looking mature. Something clicked, I think, in that Northeastern weekend in late January ... they had to dig deep to get out of the holes Carr was putting them in ... I think they found something. I don't know. Maybe they realized right then and there that they were really good. Maybe last season was taken for granted and the early season start this year had deflated them quite a bit. They were on a 9 game winning streak heading into the Northeastern weekend but they might have felt "lucky".

I don't think PC has reached that level yet ... so hopefully, it'll make the difference.
                I cant agree more! The Northeastern weekend was a huge wake-up call for UML. Even when they were down at home... the fans didn't leave which I feel may have sparked them. All that they needed was that first goal and the crowd was back in it
                BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

As much as I dislike the Friars and want to beat them every year in the Mayor's Cup, I can only think that the fates of our two programs are intertwined. If one is successful and draws big crowds, more people are likely to attend the other's games as well, as demand will be higher. Let's hope there will come a day in the near future when both Schneider and Meehan (ha!) sell out.

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
                    Seriously. Is it Friday yet?
                    I keep asking myself the same thing hahaha
                    BACK 2 BACK HE Champions whoda thunk it! Final Four 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                      As much as I dislike the Friars and want to beat them every year in the Mayor's Cup, I can only think that the fates of our two programs are intertwined. If one is successful and draws big crowds, more people are likely to attend the other's games as well, as demand will be higher. Let's hope there will come a day in the near future when both Schneider and Meehan (ha!) sell out.
                      Lowell has a very good chance to finish this game second in HE attendance this year. Which, to me, is shocking.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
                        Seriously. Is it Friday yet?
                        How about now?
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                          How about now?
                          Seriously can it be Friday?

I wasnt even this anxious when the season started.
                          I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by CleggyofUML View Post
                            Seriously can it be Friday?

I wasnt even this anxious when the season started.
                            It should be friday now seeing as i got deprived of snow. Its only fair.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

PC student here:

-The only "true" sell-out game this season was the 12/7 game against BC, which had 3,030 tickets sold. (Many students got shut out of that one.) This was the last game of the semester when students were on campus before construction started.

Construction began over winter break, putting a gigantic crater next to the side of the area that faces the softball field. Several fire exits and the non-main entrance are now giant holes/don't exist. Because of the reduced number of exits, the fire marshall lowered capacity from 3,030 to 2,089. (Which seems like a really, really arbitrary number. I guess 2,090 is too dangerous.) Students were informed that if they planned on actually getting into the games, they had better get to the rink early for a ticket.

Subsequently, all but the Merrimack and I think the Wednesday rescheduled UNH games have had signs out front saying the game is "sold out"--of the lowered capacity. They were not selling tickets at the door for the (March) BC game, for instance.

The capacity of the BC game in March was technically 2,089, but it seemed to me that the arena was basically full. There definitely were not 1,000 empty seats.

Per Twitter, the capacity will be restored to 3,030 if PC clinches home ice for HE playoffs. Why playoffs suddenly reduces the risk of a fire hazard I'm not sure of, but apparently they okayed it.

From the students perspective, I'm glad the school finally (accidentally) figured out a way to incentive students to show up for the games on time.

Should be an interesting weekend.
                              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                                PC student here:

Should be an interesting weekend.
                                Thanks for the info. Yes, it should definitely be an interesting weekend.
                                Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X