Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
    anyone making the trip up to UVM? I did it a couple years ago, my first time in Burlington. It was a short stay but enjoyed it.
    One of my favorite favorite trips. Burlington is a great town. Unfortunately won't be able to make the trip this year.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

I know people going up, always wanted to but it's a hike. Grabbing my last ski weekend of the season instead.

Comment

Brendan Silk suspended by Hockey East for one game for illegal hit to the head. I hadn't even heard about this?

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...medium=twitter

Comment

Odd that all of a sudden at the last weekend of the season a kid gets suspended for a game with no history for something that wasn't called.

I don't remember the hit at all. Funny that of all the hits this weekend, this is the one someone gets suspended for.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            Odd that all of a sudden at the last weekend of the season a kid gets suspended for a game with no history for something that wasn't called.

I don't remember the hit at all. Funny that of all the hits this weekend, this is the one someone gets suspended for.
            a little rubbing of salt in the wound.....i didnt see it either

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
              Brendan Silk suspended by Hockey East for one game for illegal hit to the head. I hadn't even heard about this?

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...medium=twitter
              What? Don't remember seeing anything like that. Christ, Silk barely plays with that 4th line only getting a few shifts a game.

Seems like the shakeup in the HE offices has led to the league "going Goodell" on people. That being said, isn't this why we have rules? Do the officials that missed this get reprimanded as well? I think it would have to be some egregious act that officials somehow miss that would require review after the fact and suspensions handed out. Or repeat violators getting additional suspensions. Any malicious type of attempt to injure I'm ok with. Not sure this is in any of these categories. And it's weird that nobody on this thread saw it (so far). Did Hokydad see it?

Playing on this team should be punishment enough.
              Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-06-2013, 10:12 AM.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Didn't you guys end last game with 17 healthy skaters on roster? Will you be at 16 active for Friday? You don't see that everyday.

Comment

As I was saying about HE "going Goodell" on players in this league, it seems they also suspended Bigos as well.

Wakefield, Mass. - The Hockey East Association announced on Wednesday a one-game suspension for Merrimack College senior defenseman Kyle Bigos, after receiving his second game misconduct last Sunday, March 4 vs. UMass- Lowell, to go along with a third in the form of league supplemental discipline.

Bigos will be eligible to return to the Warriors' lineup on Saturday, March 9 at Massachusetts.
                  I think the folks in the HE offices need to calm the heck down and spend more energy getting officials on the ice that aren't a disgrace to the game. edit - I'm not sure I can even make sense of what they are trying to say in this Bigos release.
                  Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-06-2013, 10:19 AM.
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Nick, when they don't call it, you 'pout.. when they call it.. you 'pout.. relax.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                      Didn't you guys end last game with 17 healthy skaters on roster? Will you be at 16 active for Friday? You don't see that everyday.
                      I'm betting Whitney and Wey will be back. Just a hunch.

Comment

OK I can understand the Bigos suspension as he clocked someone at the final buzzer so they are just essentially letting this MC carry over to the next game so he has some form of penalty (rather than the badge of honor of racking up PIMs with no actual penalty).

Maybe Silk did the same thing this weekend at the final buzzer (was he out there?) on Saturday?

At least we have something to talk about now... this thread was pretty stinking boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          OK I can understand the Bigos suspension as he clocked someone at the final buzzer so they are just essentially letting this MC carry over to the next game so he has some form of penalty (rather than the badge of honor of racking up PIMs with no actual penalty).

Maybe Silk did the same thing this weekend at the final buzzer (was he out there?) on Saturday?

At least we have something to talk about now... this thread was pretty stinking boring.
                          It's an NCAA rule, every GM after your 2nd is an automatic 1 game suspension. This was Bigos' 3rd game misconduct, still no explanation for Silk.

Comment

It's an NCAA rule, every GM after your 2nd is an automatic 1 game suspension. This was Bigos' 3rd game misconduct, still no explanation for Silk.
                            Correct, release was poorly worded.

As for this weekend, Whitney will be back & I assume Wey will as well. That'll get us close to a full roster (every eligible skater will dress though).

York was already limiting the 4th line's minutes, the 12th forward (McMullen) didn't play at all Friday. Assume this will be the tactic he goes to on Friday sans Silk.
                            Gaudreau-Mullane-Smith
                            Straight-Arnold-Whitney
                            Sit-Brown-Dyroff
                            Linell getting time (prefer him over Sit playing wing whose #1 skill is mitigated -faceoffs), Spiro-McMullen dressed maybe a shift or two.

The normal 6 D

Can't take anything minutes wise from Saturday as it was all effed up (shocked there were no too many men calls from all the shuffling).

Comment

I only count 2 Game MCs. He does also have two regular 10-minute misconducts that weren't game misconducts, plus a 5 mn major for kneeing...

11/30 and 3/3 were the two Game MCs... Am I missing one somewhere?

edit - I see what their release is saying now. This whole thing is strange.

Comment

Didn't see anything in the Providence thread about Silk either. Considering nobody seems to have seen anything, most likely a case where PC reported it and it was confirmed on video.

Comment

Working...
                                X