Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

"and he knew exactly what he was doing folks"

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Saw this result coming for weeks. Not a surprise to followers of this program.
      National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
      two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
      b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

I wish BC had shown up tonight. At least you guys have a good incoming class and will almost surely be back.

Comment

Collegefan, no effort is needed when you're involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Collegefan, no effort is needed when you're involved.
            jd, in that case you are very well prepared from your many years of working the fryer at McDonalds where no effort is second nature for you!

too bad you can't count high enough to give us the game score....

Comment

I can't say I saw this coming. BC's defense from the net out hasn't been there of late and I also wonder if all the "east region is a joke" talk didn't serve as bulletin board material. Union looks very talented for sure. Congrats on a great season.
              Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 03-30-2013, 10:46 PM.
              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                I can't say I say this coming. BC's defense from the net out hasn't been there of late and I also wonder if all the "east region is a joke" talk didn't serve as bulletin board material. Union looks very talented for sure. Congrats on a great season.
                Most of it is due to the perceived weakness of Quinnipiac as the #1 seed. They certainly did not show in their game that they were particularly good. Most people pegged BC as the likely winner of the East but almost everyone has agreed that the winner of Union/BC would win the East. If Quinnipiac beats Union, they will gain a great deal of validity as being a good team.

Comment

Bc. You are the best and no disputing, even after upset tonight. Carlton, du fan here, for the sake of honesty, make a post about how overrated bc is and how they didn't deserve to be where they were. You talked chit all year and it would be the honorable thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by CASHockey View Post
                    Most of it is due to the perceived weakness of Quinnipiac as the #1 seed. They certainly did not show in their game that they were particularly good. Most people pegged BC as the likely winner of the East but almost everyone has agreed that the winner of Union/BC would win the East. If Quinnipiac beats Union, they will gain a great deal of validity as being a good team.
                    Quinnipiac beat Union 4-0 and 3-2 in the regular season. QU is a great team. They may not have played their best game today, while Union played a fantastic game (maybe their best all year, you'd have to ask those who get to watch them regularly).

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      you want me to send you a check? or a "i'll see you when i see you" kinda deal?
                      The latter....

BC will be back next year

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        Quinnipiac beat Union 4-0 and 3-2 in the regular season. QU is a great team. They may not have played their best game today, while Union played a fantastic game (maybe their best all year, you'd have to ask those who get to watch them regularly).
                        Union had many injuries and is ayi g their best hockey. Q peaked in Feb

Union 5 Q 2

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          QU is a great team..
                          c'mon!!!
                          great? the undefeated cornell team of 1970 was great.

Q may be a good team, but let's not start licking each others popsicles just yet

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            BC will be back next year
                            f that! let's hope not

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross-Czech View Post
                              Bc. You are the best and no disputing, even after upset tonight. Carlton, du fan here, for the sake of honesty, make a post about how overrated bc is and how they didn't deserve to be where they were. You talked chit all year and it would be the honorable thing to do.
                              I told you DU was overrated and sure enough, they got knocked out in the first rd by the 5th place team in HE. DU was never close to a top 4 team and only had a good record due to their easy early schedule. Did I think BC would get clobbered in the first rd, absolutely not, but considering what the roster looked like, it still wasn't a bad year and they certainly had more impressive early season wins than DU and at the time earned their high ranking. We all knew going in that the team had no depth and sure enough they never really got back on track after all the injuries. In the end, both teams did chit in the tourney and that's all that really matters.

Comment

Also, gotta give credit where credit is due, nice call Hoky!

Comment

Working...
                                X