Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Tough thing now however is if hey don't make the final four it will rival the current top New England college epic failure that bc football currently holds when they blew a season finale home game vs Syracuse to blow their only/best shot at a BCS game. (Close 2nd is the last minutes melt down vs the tiny goalie led Sparty in the national final)

Certainly will make this weekend interesting
    this team not getting out of this regional isn't even close to those two events , not in a hundred years. God **** Diamond Ferri.............I also put the Matty Ice senior year's loss in the ACC championship ahead of the imminent failure of this substandard team to get out of the Providence regional as far as epic failures go

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Losing to Virginia Tech didn't surprise me considering it took a miracle for BC to even beat them in the regular season. That Syracuse debacle though...that one game (even though there were many *** performances) sums up who Tom O'Brien is. The Dick Umile of college football.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        is this the NCAAs doing?
        Yes. As I recall, the "individual" games start to become available when they feel as though they can't sell anymore packages. Typically they get released closer to the game day. I know in 2009 in Manchester my friend could only go the first day (he had to work the night of the championship game), so he bought them I believe the day of the game. But they wait until the last minute and try to sell as many "packages" as they can. Don't think it will be a problem in Providence. Now Manchester, with UNH and Lowell might be a different story this year.

Comment

Losing to Virginia Tech didn't surprise me considering it took a miracle for BC to even beat them in the regular season.
          true but that game was at VT and they were in it the whole way. Go take a look at the roster of that BC team. You could say that was the most talented BC team, ever............and nyet, nothing, no BCS no ACC championship

Comment

oh, and i want to wish a warm welcome to all our BU brethren here to talk hockey on the BC thread.............................for a change

Comment

I would guess you'll be able to buy walk up Saturday an pick any section you desire, outside of the benches themselves.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Over/under on # of people wearing BU shirts at the dunk?

Comment

Anyone catch the 2012 NCAA Championship on ESPNU last night? Watching that stacked BC team only lowers expectations for this year's team. Of course anything is possible, but this team will have a tough time advancing any round in any draw.

The only hope is that they can put together 60 minutes like the first 30 minutes from Friday night.

Lastly, I would like to see Whitney/Mullane/Gaudreau and see if the other lines can hold their own defensively playing a safe "chip it out" "chip it in" game. There's just not enough good role players to spread the line-up out. Roll three lines and put the horses together on the top line.

Comment

[QUOTE=J.D.;5687292]Uh, all I said is that BU/PC are better than any ECAC team that DIDN'T make the tourney. And right now, both are better than Yale too. Lowell is better than Qunnipiac and Union. Just stop with saying the ECAC was better than Hockey East. Union very well may beat BC, but Hockey East was once again a better league. QUOTE]

Where you always get confused is the difference between an opinion and a fact.

Didnt say ECAC was better, just said Hockey East is off and wont do well, outside maybe Lowell

They might be better but Yale is playing and pair wise says they are not..

Flawed but thats the world they live in. I agree PC is better and in the end was hurt by Gilles winning a Gold medal with Team USA. That is a scarafice any program would make, I think....

Union had big time injuries and a soft stretch. gave up several 3rd period leads, which they have never done. very dangerous and very hot
                    Last edited by Hokydad; 03-25-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                      And carlton said Maines UMazzhole and SCSU bracket in the mid 2000's was an easy bracket....lolol. Chit, you can go ahead and make binding reservations at the hotel and restaurants of your choice in Pitts already and be first in line. How szwheeet.
                      Lord knows I've battled priceless on these Maine bracket discussions time and time again. This one trumps anything Maine has ever had.

Hey if you qualify for the tournament enough times, you're going to get boned and sent out West sometimes and also once in a while you will get the nice draw. Luckily BC just keeps qualifying for these things and this year they got the cake bracket. Still don't think they get out of it.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                        Anyone catch the 2012 NCAA Championship on ESPNU last night? Watching that stacked BC team only lowers expectations for this year's team. Of course anything is possible, but this team will have a tough time advancing any round in any draw.

The only hope is that they can put together 60 minutes like the first 30 minutes from Friday night.

Lastly, I would like to see Whitney/Mullane/Gaudreau and see if the other lines can hold their own defensively playing a safe "chip it out" "chip it in" game. There's just not enough good role players to spread the line-up out. Roll three lines and put the horses together on the top line.
                        You're coming around.

Yup... let's see anyone shut down Gaudreau-Mullane-Whitney (not happening), and Smith reuniting with Brown-Dyroff can score some goals.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of Linnel moving back to forward. He did a good job back there and moves the puck out of the D zone quickly and efficiently, either by skating it out or with a nice pass on the tape. Does it better than any of our D men. Defensively he may not have the strength of the bigger guys, but I don't see where he has hurt us on D.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

if anyone comes across or can find info on any BC gatherings (official or unofficial)...please pass that info along here! also, does anyone know what the designated BC section(s) are? i'll be heading down saturday with four others...

the one good thing about this game being at 9 is that i believe the potential west final between minny and und is on espnu at the same time as canisius-quinnipiac. would much rather watch that game at a bar in providence than attend the first game.
                          Parallel to Sabine is a street with a couple of potential places. One is called "Murphy's Pub" and there's another bar up the street. Few minutes away from the rink if you walk.

The BC ticket office said they will email back where BC fans will generally sit. Most lower level seats are gone but then again you can probably get them through the secondary market if fans bought tickets to the wrong regionals. I'd imagine ticket sellers bought up a chunk of the seats too and resell at a higher price.
                          Last edited by BCeagle; 03-25-2013, 02:05 PM.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

According to the heights sports editor, York got cleared by the doctors today.

Comment

Great news!
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                Great news!
                                Good ole one eye will be back on the bench !!! An important cog, no doubt. Countin on you guys to get out of that bracket. Anything less would be, ahhhh embarrassing.
                                sure why not

Comment

Working...
                                X