Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Well, that's exactly what I was afraid of--playing them under these circumstances. Credit to them for riding this wave of emotion.

But, I said I wasn't going to overreact and I'm not going to. These seniors had an incredible run in the Hockey East playoffs, let's not lose sight of that due to this one loss.

As much as I wanted it to happen, I just couldn't envision Jack Parker going out with a loss to BC (at least not to this version of BC). Hopefully UML takes care of them tomorrow for a little payback from 2009. And that will be that...BU going home, BC in the tourney.

Anyway, time to look ahead. Let's see where they end up and against who. Oh, and would be nice to get that York guy back behind the bench...

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

That was a pretty epic turnaround/collapse. The 1st half of that game was as well as I have seen them play in a long time. They were just toying with BU. Credit to BU for identifying that BC was getting cocky and started those long breakout passes.

Kudos to them and good luck to UML tomorrow.
      Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Sort of surprised no TO post BU goal to tie it at 2. Would've been a prototypical York call to slow everything down.

First, this team isn't of the same level the last 8ish years (sans 2009), we all knew that (we can discuss why I guess postseason). That being said the first 30ish minutes was some of the best this team has played in a long time. Pressure from all lines, pucks deep and completely dominating. BU looked like they had no shot of scoring.

The next 25 were absolutely disgusting on every level. I think the team had 3 shots in that time. Absolutely zero pressure, Milner was shaky, and the D, Jesus Christ the D, what a ****ing abortion. I guess let's start w the fact that we have a F playing D when we have Sullivan playing on the 4th line and Jeke who was probably the most impressive FR D (sans Matheson) in a suit. Where are you Brian Dumoulin? Wasn't a single Dman that I had an iota of confidence in tonight.

1-7 on the powerplay. I like the loading up 1 unit, there isn't enough offensive talent to sustain 2 units but please 2nd unit at least gain the zone and try to sustain pressure.

Oh and I think BU just had another odd man rush.

Also, that 5 min on Gaudreau was comical

Edit #2: I hope the man in a Drury jersey who sat in ~328 reads this. Please clean up your act, back to back years with your elementary school kid, he has no shot it's sad.
        Last edited by claver2010; 03-22-2013, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Comical? That was one of the dirtiest hits I have seen in 20 plus years of watching Hockey East. He deserved the gate for it!
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

The most obvious thing there is, if Milner doesn't play better than that, this team has no shot.

Jeke is +8 and has only been playing half the season. Get him back in the lineup and put him on defense. Put Linell at forward and Sullivan in the stands.

I think you could make two PP units if you split the top four forwards and add in Smith/Brown/Straight. Right now, when they send that 2nd unit over the boards, it's like waiving the white flag.

Comment

Hey, Zlax is back. This thread just got a whole lot dumber.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                Comical? That was one of the dirtiest hits I have seen in 20 plus years of watching Hockey East. He deserved the gate for it!
                Stop it. Escobedo launched himself into the boards, then stayed down on the ice, struggled to the bench until the 5 was called, then was suddenly okay. Amazing recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                  Amazing recovery.

GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
                    That was a pretty epic turnaround/collapse. The 1st half of that game was as well as I have seen them play in a long time. They were just toying with BU. Credit to BU for identifying that BC was getting cocky and started those long breakout passes.

Kudos to them and good luck to UML tomorrow.
                    You just knew BC was letting them stay in the game when they couldn't convert on more scoring chances and then the total collapse of the D. Once BU scored the 3rd goal that was the game and they never looked backed. Still 14-1 by the seniors not shabby either.
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Hopefully UML takes care of them tomorrow for a little payback from 2009. And that will be that...BU going home, BC in the tourney.
                      Tough to beat a team four times in one year, though. Just ask BU (remember 2006?)

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Oh, and would be nice to get that York guy back behind the bench...
                      And I think BC REALLY missed him tonight...it was very evident after the game completely turned around and BC looked a little shell-shocked. I think Jerry calls a timeout there to settle them down...

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        hey, did you enjoy the video ensemble of the nu recruiting class... er, hockey east award winners and nominees!?!?! WHOOPS!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

This is a loss that the team HAS to use as a 'learning experience.' After 1 period my only thought was, "How much will BC win by?" After 2 periods it was, "How much will BU win by?"

I hope last night's loss wasn't the difference between BC getting on a bus or getting on a plane for next weekend.
                          Chris V
                          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Not a great team. BC needs the other team to spend half the game in the box or take a major and score 2 goals on it or have the other team simply score on themselves... That has been the recipe the last few weeks. Maybe that will just happy in 4 straight games. Probably not though. Chances of 1 and done are fairly high for this group let's be honest.

Milner stopped 2 breakaways last night and still didn't look great. Last year's goalie debacle may have pushed him to be so good last year. None of that this year unfortunately. Average goalie this year.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I was going to post but Claver said every single word of what I was going to say.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Awful. Just awful. Nothing more to say.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X