Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    Last year Easter was the Sunday after that glorious Saturday night in Tampa . I flew home sunday morning and was at the dinner table with 15 minutes to spare.
    Ahahaha. I got in ahead of my wife/kids and in-laws to Easter dinner by about 60 seconds. One of the best days ever.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I just hate seeing these things with a sub-par atmosphere. Easter weekend will be the major culprit this year.
      I know no one cares, but it being easter weekend = no dice for me and no students will be there either

Comment

I do fault them...just like having last year's NE final at 8 PM.
        Last year's Sunday regional scheduling was literally one of dumbest things in the history of mankind and the people that scheduled this still should kill themselves.

I just miss the days of the 12 team tourney when there were better atmospheres.
        The 12-team tourney format was phenomenal. I wish we could go back to that. Two games each day, full buildings, ECAC teams (or pretender BU teams) with byes getting predictably blasted... those were the days. And a great value - another thing that is lost in this new format.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Ahahaha. I got in ahead of my wife/kids and in-laws to Easter dinner by about 60 seconds. One of the best days ever.
          it really was............and at the table without smiles was one niece, a UNH student and another niece a NU student and Uncle was wearing his BC hockey jersey at the Easter Sunday dinner table

Comment

So Frozen Fenway 3.0

At least we'll have ND at home

But Jeff Jackson hockey on fenway ice would bring the mid 90s devils to tears

Comment

I know I am repeating myself but york is on record after frozen fenway against bu about the whole outdoor game experience. His comments came in a season recap interview with some watertown guys. This is not what he envisioned...enough is enough already. He just can't say no, however.

Comment

Big recruiting tool. Plus BC has won a title every year they have played in Fenway so far.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

"Ya but bu will always have bragging rights"--hoky

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

But Jeff Jackson hockey on fenway ice would bring the mid 90s devils to tears
                    Maybe the Fenway group will sell NoDoz to make a few more bucks at the theme park

"Ya but bu will always have bragging rights"--hoky
                    yup, pretty much...........
                    Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-22-2013, 05:53 AM.

Comment

so Patrick Wey made second team HE? that's a head scratcher if you ask me...........

Comment

Even more head scratching is how Mullane or Arnold didn't even get honorable mention??

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                          Even more head scratching is how Mullane or Arnold didn't even get honorable mention??
                          Could not agree more...both deserve so much in the way of recognition for their roles.

I'm all in on Wey choice though, quietly one of the better defensive defensemen in the league since his arrival 5-5, 4-5(PK), 3-5(PK)

Comment

Originally posted by BCHF View Post
                            Could not agree more...both deserve so much in the way of recognition for their roles.

I'm all in on Wey choice though, quietly one of the better defensive defensemen in the league since his arrival 5-5, 4-5(PK), 3-5(PK)
                            for sure on Arnold and Mullane. Thought Wey was better last year and if they were taking a BC defenseman , I cant see how Matheson wasn't the one chosen

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              for sure on Arnold and Mullane. Thought Wey was better last year and if they were taking a BC defenseman , I cant see how Matheson wasn't the one chosen
                              I'm guessing because he was 1st team all rookie...my guess not eligible.
                              Much stronger cast of defensemen last year.

It was interesting looking at the banquet photos of BC recipients. Anybody else notice?

Comment

I don't think being on the all-rookie team precludes you from being eligible for other awards. I do agree that Wey getting this recognition is more of a sign that the options weren't as strong as in prior years. And/or there simply wasn't an easy choice like a Dumoulin.

Comment

Working...
                                X