Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Successful surgery for York this morning, resting at home. Listed as 'day to day'.

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      Remember when Kenny told us they were playing good hockey in mid-February
      A point away from 1st place in the regular season and a beanpot championship? Yeah, terrible February I know, how did they even make the HE playoffs? The only win streak that matters is the one they are on now, and they are on it because they won enough HE regular season points to play a brutal 7 seed at home in the HE quarterfinals. Bottom line.

This team is not championship caliber, so the only way they are winning the title this weekend is if Milner stands on his head.

Since September this board has unanimously labeled depth an issue for this team. Why are we surprised with a spurt of inconsistency, over an arbitrary argument supporting time frame, late in the injury-plagued season? After what BC has been through this year, to be where they are is remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
        they won enough HE regular season points to play a brutal 7 seed
        By brutal do you mean terrible team that took a lot of penalties and tried to hurt BC players? Or brutal as in a good team?

This was one of the worst opponents I've seen in QF action at Conte in 15 years...
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

This was one of the worst opponents I've seen in QF action at Conte in 15 years...
          and by and large, we still struggled with them

Comment

Carlton, go easy on some of the maine fans. They are grasping at straws in regard to the accident that shall not be named. No point in arguing with them (the only fans who bring it up) about that. Let them be. It's bad enough for them considering whitehead is still employed.

Comment

In 319 for Friday, wanted to be in the balcony and if i'm near the facepainted ones I'll simply move

Comment

York officially out according to the weekly conference call, hope is he'll be back next weekend for regionals.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  In 319 for Friday, wanted to be in the balcony and if i'm near the facepainted ones I'll simply move
                  i am sure of it, that's our end, BP or HE

Comment

Congrats to Steven Whitney for winning the 2013 Walter Brown Award!

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...3/mar19wba.php
                    National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                    Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                    two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                    b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Congratulations to Steven Whitney. A well deserved honor.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

from The Kid on Monday, he has nothing new so far this week. Looks like we survived a scare with Arnold .

Coach York- Coach got out of the hospital this morning after a short surgery on his eye. Everything went well and Coach is resting at home. However, he will not be behind the bench this weekend. Coach Cav and Coach Brown will share the head coaching duties.

Billy Arnold- After taking a vicious leg check in the second period of Saturday's game, there was a real worry that Arnold would be out for an extended period of time but he had a bruised thigh and will be good to go this weekend. He took the day off from practice to get healthy.

Mike Matheson- He is a little bruised up and took the day off from practice. He, like Arnold, will be fine for Friday's big game.

Comment

Will York be in the building at least? Or is even that out of the question?

Mullane also went down awkwardly in game two, but thankfully was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Will York be in the building at least? Or is even that out of the question?

Mullane also went down awkwardly in game two, but thankfully was ok.
                            no doctor here but i would say there's no way he would risk it. I think it was mentioned by someone on EA that this latest problem could have possibly been because he came back a bit earlier than he should have............too bad, would have been even greater theater than it's going to be if he were behind the bench

Comment

Several on this team could use a maintenance day. Mullane & Matheson several times were very slow getting up. The Arnold hit was pretty scary, you could make an argument between his consistency and the number of roles he plays he's the most valuable skater on the team.

Don't see York being there this weekend.

Comment

Here's a GIF that was on reddit recently. Steve Gionta winning a faceoff against Brian Boyle with the butt end of his stick.
                                *****http://www.sportsnet.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/gionta_knob360.gif******
                                Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Working...
                                X