Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    Considering they've shown some of the most year over year improvement (according to Kenpom) and have everyone coming back, I'd say so.
    yeah, i think i read 9-22 to 16-16. The thing that sticks out to me is the improvement during the course of this year, week to week. Lose to Bryant et al then have easily winnable games at home vs top 5's like Duke and Miami. Granted GT isn't anything but you have to encouraged. EO also had a stat about where they are experience wise, the second youngest team in CBB i think

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

Very encouraging season from hoops. Should be an NIT team next year with a realistic chance at the NCAAs the year after that.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Very encouraging season from hoops. Should be an NIT team next year with a realistic chance at the NCAAs the year after that.
        hmmm, I'm thinking they have a shot at the NCAA's next year if they improve the pace they did during the course of this year................hoping for a good crowd tonight with the students in school. Too bad they aren't made to buy these tickets in their season package. UML's attendance was 3070 last night with the students on break . That's about where we are for these games usually. Maybe we can get 5000

Comment

Agreed that NCAAs are a reasonable goal. They lost a ton of close games late to superior teams (Miami by 1, Duke by 1, FSU by 3, NC ST by ~5) that will start to go their way as they gain strength and experience.

Anyways playoff time, pumped to see Patch back out there, Jerry's run with players reterning earlier than expected continues.

About as healthy as this group is going to be going forward.

Comment

Any word on what the lineup will look like?

As for attendance, I believe BC is selling for $10, right? With students back, I'm hoping this is the best QF attendance I can remember. I'd even take 4,000.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Any word on what the lineup will look like?

I have not heard. I just went to The Kid's blog and he doesn't have it out yet. Claver will get them via a tweet and post them here

Comment

Trophy season begins tonight!

Comment

For tonight:

13-24-17
                  27-11-21
                  18-23-14
                  8-15-9

7-10
                  5-3
                  4-6

Interesting

Comment

Take the win, because that's all that matters in the playoffs, but this team isn't winning any championships playing like that. No urgency, no jam, turning pucks over just all around average. Turn the page and come out and blow them out of the barn tomorrow.

Comment

For once I agree w Kenny. Spiro really shows he belongs. Linell wasn't that bad on defense either. Not the lineup I expected but looked good at times, all 4 lines. Turnovers... My sweet Christ.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                        Take the win, because that's all that matters in the playoffs, but this team isn't winning any championships playing like that. No urgency, no jam, turning pucks over just all around average.
                        Kenny, is that you?

My biggest problem is letting UVM back into the game as a result of your own dumb mistakes. Can't be doing that in the playoffs.

Comment

Also, my eyes told me UVM played a very chippy game. Would be nice to see BC respond within reason and smack them around/get under their skin.

Comment

Checking out the UVM goals again. I do like what Linell brings to the d, but I'd be more comfortable with Jeke back there and Linell at forward. On the first UVM goal, Linell was too aggressive IMO and flew past the puck as it came towards the net.

2nd goal...yes, Mullane ultimately turned it over, but why is Matheson so close to him? As the last man back, he should have been closer to the blue line IMO.

Comment

Jeke is likely better poitionally, but Linell is probably better with the puck and under pressure.

Comment

I agree with Kenny as well

Can anyone actually say they feel confident in what any player is going to bring any night? I'd say you know exactly what you're getting from Billy every night, outside of that it's a stretch.

UVM was very chippy especially with Milner. Would love for Jeke to destroy one of those idiots, Wey had some great hits & Matheson draws the favorite I hit too hard HE penalty.

On that, what a effing clownshow tonight from the refs. Thrilled that was on national television for the country to see the buffoonery in action.

Comment

Working...
                                X