Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

I'd say things are looking as good for this team right now since the hot start to the season. Now let's see what alber looks like...

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13 Part III: Save us Hobey-John Gaudreaubey; you're our only

BTW, not sure if there were any game 3s to pick up last year but NBC will have a game friday (my guess is they pick the bc game), NESN will have a game sat (I predict bu) and nesn will also have a gane three on sunday if necessary. Prior to nbc, I know there were years where nesn only picked up one game for the weekend. Pretty good coverage this year. Can't believe there isn't a grapefruit league rebroadcast they aren't showing...

Comment

Probably going to be tough on Patch conditioning-wise for a while, but there's time to work that out. Just his presence and experience back there will be a big plus, even with limited minutes.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Probably going to be tough on Patch conditioning-wise for a while, but there's time to work that out. Just his presence and experience back there will be a big plus, even with limited minutes.
          With Sullivan and Linell likely playing at Forward, am sure they'll be able to switch back to D if Alber gets tired.

Comment

Though it is without argument that this team is thin compared to recent BC vintages, the relative return to health has to be encouraging. The Vermont matchup in the 1st round is as favorable as any we could have hoped for. The thought of having Alber back (finally) is smile-worthy. And of course, Gaudreaubey Baker going off one game before the postseason starts should warm the cockles of any BC fan's heart.
            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
            BC - 12
            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              BTW, not sure if there were any game 3s to pick up last year but NBC will have a game friday (my guess is they pick the bc game), NESN will have a game sat (I predict bu) and nesn will also have a gane three on sunday if necessary. Prior to nbc, I know there were years where nesn only picked up one game for the weekend. Pretty good coverage this year. Can't believe there isn't a grapefruit league rebroadcast they aren't showing...
              LOL...this is what happens when a team and a TV channel get too cozy: Manufactured 'hysteria' for a team that deserves none.
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                Though it is without argument that this team is thin compared to recent BC vintages, the relative return to health has to be encouraging. The Vermont matchup in the 1st round is as favorable as any we could have hoped for. The thought of having Alber back (finally) is smile-worthy. And of course, Gaudreaubey Baker going off one game before the postseason starts should warm the cockles of any BC fan's heart.
                The only team out there that when running on all cylinders would have to be favored over BC would be MN, other than that, there's really nobody out there that scares me, though teams like Miami, UML and Nodak are very good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                  The only team out there that when running on all cylinders would have to be favored over BC would be MN, other than that, there's really nobody out there that scares me, though teams like Miami, UML and Nodak are very good as well.
                  Miami and ND must be licking their chops at the prospect of facing BC. Ordinarily it would be, "Send us to any Regional you want...except BC's." UMass Lowell runs the risk of having a 'Happy-to-be-Here' demeanor, and a quick one-and-done for the RiverHawks. Doesn't mean they will; only that they're at the risk of...
                  Chris V
                  Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                    UMass Lowell runs the risk of having a 'Happy-to-be-Here' demeanor, and a quick one-and-done for the RiverHawks. Doesn't mean they will; only that they're at the risk of...
                    Normally I might have been inclined to agree with this, but UML was here last year. This isn't new to them anymore. They may have had that mindset last year. But with back to back NCAA appearances, I am sure that a first round exit would be viewed as a grave disappointment.
                    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                    BC - 12
                    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Gaudreau http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...icle-1.1284022

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

• [ And of course, Gaudreaubey Baker going off one game before the postseason starts should warm the cockles of any BC fan's heart)

I am so much more warm and fuzzy than i was 24 hours ago

Comment

JGs best game in months. The most comfortable he's looked in quite a while. I wonder if he was hurt for a while because he didn't look like the same player. If he gets going ...

Still want to see more out of Milner. He really hasnt been outstanding lately.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Maybe part of his problem is that he was well protected by his defense last year but with Cross and Dumoulin gone, and a young inexpereinced D and injuries this season, he's been more vulnerable and less focused. He's been vulnerable to high shots and even a slapshot behind the blueline on him recently.

Needless to say, the team needs him to play championship quality hockey like last year, for the team to do well. How far they go depends on Milner.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Thanks to TTT20 for this:

http://i.imgur.com/H8Oztg8.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                                Thanks to TTT20 for this:

http://i.imgur.com/H8Oztg8.gif
                                Nice. Notice he went to the forehand Fivehole? Finally realized they're all waiting for backhander and he needed to change it up. Score

Comment

Working...
                                X