"One Off" Jerseys You Want to Forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "One Off" Jerseys You Want to Forget

I was in St. Cloud last night and they had a throwback night and jersey auction. MTU won 5-2 and made the jerseys one to forget.

UMD has had a couple jerseys they would like to forget. They wore the infamous "Duluth" jersey at their Amsoil Arena Opener. They lost that game 5-0 against UND. UMD fans dislike when we are called just "Duluth" and this jersey couldn't have struck a worse cord with those fans (this one included).

In 2009 they had a gold 3rd jersey (Don't have a photo but it said BULLDOGS across the front). But were swept by UAA and lost out on their first home ice in five years. It was theirs for the taking and they couldn't get it. At least with the gold jersey they wore it the next year and actually won a couple games in it. Plus the gold third jersey was my favorite jersey in UMD history.

What are some "One Off" jerseys your team has wore and wish they didn't?
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: "One Off" Jerseys You Want to Forget

One that I liked: when UND came to Alfond a bunch of years ago and every player was "Walsh" in honor of Shawn. That really helped cement some good blood between our fanbases.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

It was 5-1 last night. St. Cloud is 1-2 in the 3 most recent jersey auction games. And the win came in the worst sweater of the 3.
      This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
      www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

They should wear one every time they play Tech from now on (including the playoffs if we see them again this year). It looks good on my wall, and the game results were outstanding as well. In all honestly, the game was about 18" away from being 5-2 in the third period.
        Ryan J

For Biddco - One he dislikes for sure and a few he may like. These are some of the ones I have found to be very unique over the years. Not always for good reasons, but at least they tried something different so give them an "A" for effort and a participation trophy.
        Ryan J

New building, new jerseys... new losing streak... as worn by the Minnesota "Duluths"

Bucky all over... a one hit wonder.

In a moment of "What the hell were they thinking?"... these jerseys celebrating an "All Minnesota" roster were FLEECE LINED!?! Note the Gemini applied letter/number font and see below.

And now your Minnesota State Rangers, err Mavericks. I love the lettering on these.

Denver's jerseys got the same treatment as Mankato and Minnesota that year, but Denver stripped the names off a few games into the season and went to block single color letters. They also got to share their striping pattern that season with UND. Hey Gemini - recycle concepts much?

LSSU - The "a" and "e" are in the wrong locations on the jersey and both are sewn on upside down. Classic small time manufacturer mistake on this jersey.

Here's a look that will intimidate your in-state rivals for a big game weekend... powder blue, in dazzle no less.

The "T-Bone" alternate from the UNO Mavs for their 10th season.

The Western Michigan alternates from back when the NY Islanders said it was cool to no longer have stright lines on jerseys and waves were all the rage.

You know why Providence wins so many games? Because the other teams can't stop staring at those **** pinstripes. I like the sleeve numbers in boxes as well.

Nothing sums up an alternate jersey like a new logo and dazzle material (UNH).

And last but not least, this one was designed by one player on the team... and hated by all the others. How did that gopher get named Goldy? He's more "bucky" than a Badger.
        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
        Originally posted by geezer
        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
        Originally posted by manurespreader
        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

UND jerseys are always so awesome there isn't even one you'd want to forget.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Their jerseys this year are pretty forgettable. I can't even remember what the logo looks like.

Comment

I actually don't hate that Providence one. The Wisconsin one looks like the badger walked into a sliding glass door and just froze like that.
              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

That Casey Hankinson jersey still makes me shudder. He is now a member of the broadcast team. Says some crap everyone already knows during intermission and all that jazz.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

I don't think the UM pinstripe one was ever worn during a game.

Comment

Regardless of team, I must give my vote to those Pink at the Rink jerseys the men tried to do, at least in the ECAC, I think it was 4 years ago. They were all black and then little pink areas here and there. Probably the most hideous thing I've ever seen. At least the women do it well, full on pink.

Comment

Casey Hankinson designed that UMTC jersey? That one is the ugliest of the bunch. And that makes me think of him in a different light.

I actually like the UAF jersey...

It is really funny that Gemini reuses the same designs...

I like how that LSSU one has the A and E backwards. That is just awesome.

The Badger and providence ones are awful. No one in their right minds should allow pinstripes on hockey jerseys.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        Casey Hankinson designed that UMTC jersey? That one is the ugliest of the bunch. And that makes me think of him in a different light.
                        Yeah now it's all but certain Hankinson was doing some serious drugs at UMn.

I actually like the LSSU jerseys. They have that local senior team look to it. Don't mind the Western Michigan or UNH jerseys either. If the Providence pinstripes were more faint I would like them better.

Comment

I LOVED the "Duluth" jersey and was disappointed that they never wore it again, despite the outcome of that game. Being called Duluth bothers me not at all.
                          SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                          UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                          Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                          Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                          UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                          UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                            Yeah now it's all but certain Hankinson was doing some serious drugs at UMn.
                            Clearly.

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                            I LOVED the "Duluth" jersey and was disappointed that they never wore it again, despite the outcome of that game. Being called Duluth bothers me not at all.
                            I liked the design (it is exactly what the Dallas Stars are currently wearing) I just wish it had UMD on the front. UMD is how the school should be called most of the time. Hearing Minnesota Duluth sounds awkward but it works fine. "Duluth" was fine when we were Duluth State Teachers College.

Random thought on jerseys: The Dazzle Jersey seems to be becoming a thing of the past.
                            Last edited by Biddco; 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Lowell's look ok except for that the awful five letters at the top.

*****http://www.hockeyeastshop.com/v/vspfiles/photos/NCAA-K1TCJERSEY-ML01-2T.jpg******

Go back to these!

*****https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxRMbF59XORqwYzsUApepJU5gePeNxo Hc2unO5ud6v8fxzoOeu******
                              UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                              X