Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine 2012-2013 Fade to Black

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    If what i just heard it true.. congrats Black Bears.. you just found your man.. & program once again!
    No, we're pretty well sick of Whitehead, but thanks anyway
    sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Don't wish to be rude, but what is the purpose of this meaningless post?
      Its the same rumor that is being heard around here. Tim has coached his last home game and Jimmy will be hired in a couple of weeks
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        I know this might be too positive for some of you folks here. No denying the team isn't what it once was, but here's a feature story I did on Maine hockey, Alfond with some tidbits of this year's team.sbn.to/XPp6RD
        Very good job. Dead on.
        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Its the same rumor that is being heard around here. Tim has coached his last home game and Jimmy will be hired in a couple of weeks
          Rumors will be rumors. Heard a rumor yesterday I had won the megabucks.
          sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
            No, we're pretty well sick of Whitehead, but thanks anyway
            I def wasn't referring to Whitehead.. or 'Jimmy'.. that is why in the NU forum I said rumor.. if the rumor is true.. I heard about it in casual conversation last night.. you have a solid Coach / candidate in Greg Cronin.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I def wasn't referring to Whitehead.. or 'Jimmy'.. that is why in the NU forum I said rumor.. if the rumor is true.. I heard about it in casual conversation last night.. you have a solid Coach / candidate in Greg Cronin.
              Oh sure, Greg would be one of several fine candidates should and when the position is opened up. We're just hoping for sooner rather than later.
              sure why not

Comment

The rumors are awesome, how anyone knows who would be hired after a Nat'l search must be clairvoyent
                or maybe Carnac
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Rumors will be rumors. Heard a rumor yesterday I had won the megabucks.
                  You're from Clinton?

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    The rumors are awesome, how anyone knows who would be hired after a Nat'l search must be clairvoyent
                    or maybe Carnac
                    It all depends who's available after NEXT season.

Comment

I was told he will leave the Leafs..he knows Maine.. more importantly, he knows Maine hockey.

Of course this could be wrong.. but this 'hockey' person said it seemed they had found the right fit.. half your commits would not fly with Greg but he will build that bench back. Heck i would like if this 'whisper' is wrong.. because it leaves a slight window that he might be asked to come back to NU.. but NU AD is too incompetent.. so if you guys do get him.. congrats in advance.. serious Maine hockey would be back. Greg is a fine Coach.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I was told he will leave the Leafs..he knows Maine.. more importantly, he knows Maine hockey.

Of course this could be wrong.. but this 'hockey' person said it seemed they had found the right fit.. half your commits would not fly with Greg but he will build that bench back. Heck i would like if this 'whisper' is wrong.. because it leaves a slight window that he might be asked to come back to NU.. but NU AD is too incompetent.. so if you guys do get him.. congrats in advance.. serious Maine hockey would be back. Greg is a fine Coach.
                        Yeah sure, how many HE titles and NC's did NU win under Greg? I realize NU is handicapped, but please. I wouldnt mind having wild man Greg behind the bench, but the fact of the matter is the last time we handpicked a coach it was a failure (see Whitehead, Timmay). There is little doubt there would be a large interest in the head coaching job at UMaine which, incredibly hasnt lost all its supporters.....(YET). The U has one of, if not the best, rabid fan support in the country, so its a lucrative position. There would be no difficulty filling it with a top notch coach.

I certainly would have Montgomery and Cronin at the top of my short list. Probably Leaman also since he has some ties in this area as well.
                        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                          You're from Clinton?
                          Yes, me and Cindy are good buds.
                          sure why not

Comment

Yeah sure, how many HE titles and NC's did NU win under Greg? I realize NU is handicapped, but please. I wouldnt mind having wild man Greg behind the bench, but the fact of the matter is the last time we handpicked a coach it was a failure (see Whitehead, Timmay). There is little doubt there would be a large interest in the head coaching job at UMaine which, incredibly hasnt lost all its supporters.....(YET). The U has one of, if not the best, rabid fan support in the country, so its a lucrative position. There would be no difficulty filling it with a top notch coach.

I certainly would have Montgomery and Cronin at the top of my short list. Probably Leaman also since he has some ties in this area as well.
                            I think he would be a pretty good fit. He def would bring a lot of intensity.

The guy from Clinton won powerball.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              I think he would be a pretty good fit. He def would bring a lot of intensity.

The guy from Clinton won powerball.
                              yeah, that was me. Im buying out Whitey. I can dream, eh?
                              sure why not

Comment

Yes, me and Cindy are good buds.
                                Well, someone from Clinton did win $2 mill over the weekend........just thought it might be you.

Comment

Working...
                                X