Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012-2013 Fade to Black

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    TIMMAY better put his name in for the BU job. I mean, it's one of the top coaching spots in the country, and he'd be a fool to not want it. Plus, it's easy to recruit at BU. And with all those Frozen Fours and Penrose trophies to his name, he's a lock for a BU program looking to hire a coach who's gonna keep that perennial national picture challenger at the top.
    He's overqualified for the job. His students actually go to class and take exams and stuff. They tend to stay clear of the police blotter too. Worst of all, he doesn't recruit players who rape the coeds or have sexual intercourse in the penalty box. Better to keep it in the family and make sure the new coach keeps bringing in those recruits that have the sense they are entitled to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      From the athletics department

March 11, 2013

Hey Maine Fans!

Your Black Bear Men's Hockey team takes on UMass-Lowell in the Hockey East Quarterfinals! We're planning a bus trip to the games this Thursday and Friday, March 14th and 15th, and the price is $85 per person, which includes transportation and tickets to both games! We can also offer a discount on hotel rooms for those who are part of the bus trip. The bus will leave Orono late Thursday morning and head back after Friday night's game.

If you are interested in the trip, please call 581-4849, or email your name, phone number, and number of people in your group to GoBlackBears@yahoo.com by Tuesday at 4pm.

Go Blue!
      So if tix are $17 each night, there's $34. Figure 50 people on the bus, what's it cost to run a bus down and back, maybe$500 including the driver? $10/person, so where's the other $41 going to?
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

So if tix are $17 each night, there's $34. Figure 50 people on the bus, what's it cost to run a bus down and back, maybe$500 including the driver? $10/person, so where's the other $41 going to?
        The Steve Abbott Retirement Fund?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          He's overqualified for the job. His students actually go to class and take exams and stuff. They tend to stay clear of the police blotter too. Worst of all, he doesn't recruit players who rape the coeds or have sexual intercourse in the penalty box. Better to keep it in the family and make sure the new coach keeps bringing in those recruits that have the sense they are entitled to anything.
          C'mon, TIMMAY's been effing in the Maine bench for years now.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Insurance...? One driver goes across three lanes of oncoming traffic in the B-town metro area, insurance rates go through the roof....
            Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
              who says it closed?
              I would guess that it just moved locations and there is less video... but I am guessing... if she is not behind bars, she is making money the old fashioned way... no doubt
              Oh...are you on..."The List...?" :P
              Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Comment

The athletic department is 11 people short on the bus trip so far. Apparently Maine students aren't as bad at math as they were hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by revoman View Post
                  Oh...are you on..."The List...?" :P
                  I promise you one thing, if "I" were on the list, I would have paid with cash, and not a credit card or a check, and I would be either John Smith, John Jones or possibly or Tim Whitehead, but I would not have used my real name.

who uses their real name when booking "zumba instruction"?

didn't we learn anything from Jerry Springer's time as Mayor of Cincinnati, when he used his checkbook for that?

Comment

Speaking of John Parkers, the ex-Maine winger committed to Bemidji State according on the NJ Hitmen's Twitter.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

My preview of the upcoming UMass-Lowell vs. Maine quarterfinal series at SBNation.

http://sbn.to/10Bz74w
                      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

ABB just knocked it out of the park over in the JackPa thread. Awesome stuff.
                        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                          ABB just knocked it out of the park over in the JackPa thread. Awesome stuff.
                          Yes...yes he did.

...and in response to your comment...I don't listen to him, he is the background noise I vacuum the floors to on Sunday Mornings...

Comment

When was the last time you chartered a bus for two-days for $500?

Comment

The game will be on TV. Kind of.

Season's in Bangor to Serve as Official Watch Party Host for Maine Hockey Thursday Night

Season's Grille & Sports Lounge, located at 427 Main Street in Bangor, will serve as the Official Watch Party host for the University of Maine versus UMass Lowell Hockey East Quarterfinal game Thursday night. Gametime is set for 7PM.

Season's, a Black Bear corporate partner, has purchased the rights for the HD online broadcast provided by Hockey East and will have the telecast available for fans to watch the game. Wear your Maine Black Bear gear and receive the appetizer special! Watch party prizes will also be available including a team-autographed hockey stick!

Comment

I am not able to make the trip to Lowell, so I just bought the subscription from the Pack Network on the Hockey East site. Hope the quality is pretty good. I think it's the same feed as Season's.

Comment

Working...
                                X