Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 Post Season - The view from the top...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 Post Season - The view from the top...

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    From the radio it sounded like a good amount of Cornell fans were there. Was that the case? I'll be there tomorrow night. Can't wait.
    They had a fair showing as well as their band. Filled almost the whole corner section where our pep band usually is (they were up behind the net tonght). Cornell always travels well and I'd expect a larger turnout tomorrow.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

How was attendance? If there's a game 3 and I show up, am I going to get in? I know that's a bad question since my presence would be catostaphic

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
        How was attendance?
        Claimed it was a sellout. Was a decent crowd... lots of people standing. Without the students however, just too quiet.

If there's a game 3 and I show up, am I going to get in? I know that's a bad question since my presence would be catostaphic
        Not if I can help it!

I heard tomorrow is sold out but nothing about Sunday. If you want to show up, maybe you should call the box office tomorrow to see what they say.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        Northeast Regional:

Comment

ECAC box score showed 3100 as the attendance, for comparison 2400 at Yale, 2400 at RPI, 1600 at Union, very quiet at the Whale tonight too except for six moments.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
            Claimed it was a sellout. Was a decent crowd... lots of people standing. Without the students however, just too quiet.

Not if I can help it!

I heard tomorrow is sold out but nothing about Sunday. If you want to show up, maybe you should call the box office tomorrow to see what they say.
            I'm already in ct for a wedding tomorrow. If there's a game 3, strongly thinking about a detour to Hamden for the game. Would probably have to ride the rail with you guys

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
              I'm already in ct for a wedding tomorrow. If there's a game 3, strongly thinking about a detour to Hamden for the game. Would probably have to ride the rail with you guys
              You're more than welcome to join us. Just be warned I may hit you with the flag!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                You're more than welcome to join us. Just be warned I may hit you with the flag!
                Hah I'm convinced its my friends who are the problem, so hopefully I won't be to blame. Hoping we get there.

Comment

Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
                  Whoa, lets not get ahead of ourselves Thx, that is a tall order. I am just excited to see some hockey again, as its been a layoff for all of us, fans included. I do agree that the first period tonight will be very important in establishing what kind of postseason team the Bobcats will be.

Hopefully Hartzell won't have any rust either tonight. Last time he had this much rest in between starts was winter break, and he let up four against UNO (or should I just say Nebraska ) in that first game back. I am not too worried though, I figure he must be amped up for the final postseason of his collegiate career.

Looking forward to seeing the Bank full tonight. Go Bobcats!
                  Hate to quote myself, but Hartzell certainly had some rust tonight. I thought that both the second and third goals that he gave up were pretty weak. Especially the third, which was just a loose puck in the crease that he should have covered up.

Huge game tomorrow. While we are still going to the NCAA Tourney, and should in all likelihood remain a 1 seed and play in Providence, I still want to win the ECAC Tourney and head into the national tournament playing well.

Comment

Hate to quote myself, but Hartzell certainly had some rust tonight. I thought that both the second and third goals that he gave up were pretty weak. Especially the third, which was just a loose puck in the crease that he should have covered up.

Huge game tomorrow. While we are still going to the NCAA Tourney, and should in all likelihood remain a 1 seed and play in Providence, I still want to win the ECAC Tourney and head into the national tournament playing well.
                    You just love yourself so much.

Bobcats tie it up tomorrow. They looked too good after the first and third.

Comment

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 Post Season - The view from the top...

in all likelihood remain a 1 seed and play in Providence, I still want to win the ECAC Tourney and head into the national tournament playing well.
                      They just lost two out of three to a couple of doormats. Correct? So much for building momentum before the big tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
                        They just lost two out of three to a couple of doormats. Correct? So much for building momentum before the big tournament.
                        I agree, which is why I am saying they need to turn it around and finish off the conference tournament playing well.

Comment

I'm sure the seniors don't want tonight to be their last game at the Bank. Pride is a great motivator there's no way they want to end their careers in Hamden with a loss.

If they can fix the little mistakes they made in the 2nd last night, they'll be fine. Cornell finished their chances, we didn't. That was the difference. Hartzy gave up 3 but I'm not sure there was anything he could have done with the last 2. Langer getting stoned 3 times, and plenty of missed opportunities at an empty net were our downfall. The effort was definitely there, so I'm not worried about them coming out and competing. All season long we've bounced back from a loss/poor showing with a complete effort... I see no reason why that won't happen tonight.

One shift, one period, one game...

Go Q!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Mark,

Happy birthday, I have couple of extra passes for the Bobcat Hospitality Den. If you have the time I’ll buy you and Luke a drink, or two, to celebrate your birthday.

If the team plays 60 minutes tonight like they did for most of the first period last night they should be fine. I thought Cornell played well in the second period, and their goalie was outstanding in the third. Their band and fans are always entertaining.

There must have been a full moon last night – the stat sheet showed less than a sellout, but the game was listed as a sellout before the game, and even a sign at the road entrance stated that no tickets were available. Also, it got to be a joke in the stands as to how late the PA announcer took to announce the goals and penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by QUBobcats70 View Post
                              Happy birthday, I have couple of extra passes for the Bobcat Hospitality Den. If you have the time I’ll buy you and Luke a drink, or two, to celebrate your birthday.
                              Thanks, but I don't drink (anymore) and we're having a big dinner this afternoon so I think I'll pass on the Den. I really appreciate the offer, you're much too kind...

Of course, I can't speak for Luke so if he's interested he can drink for me!

Besides, all I want for my birthday is a couple of Bobcat victories!

If the team plays 60 minutes tonight like they did for most of the first period last night they should be fine. I thought Cornell played well in the second period, and their goalie was outstanding in the third.
                              That's the key: 60 minutes with no letdown. Iles was good but left some really juicy rebounds all night. He can be beat if the guys keep peppering him with rubber. As I said, I really think the seniors are going to step up and lead by example tonight. That will filter down the lineup and inspire everyone.

Their band and fans are always entertaining.
                              They do travel well and are quite organized and emotional when it comes to supporting their team. My hope is that we can someday develop that kind of following for the Bobcats.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Just got to Hamden. Pumped for the game and the pregame at side street.
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/