PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 Post Season - The view from the top...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

MSchvatz44
03-16-2013, 09:55 AM
They just lost two out of three to a couple of doormats. Correct? So much for building momentum before the big tournament.

I agree, which is why I am saying they need to turn it around and finish off the conference tournament playing well.

MarkEagleUSA
03-16-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm sure the seniors don't want tonight to be their last game at the Bank. Pride is a great motivator there's no way they want to end their careers in Hamden with a loss.

If they can fix the little mistakes they made in the 2nd last night, they'll be fine. Cornell finished their chances, we didn't. That was the difference. Hartzy gave up 3 but I'm not sure there was anything he could have done with the last 2. Langer getting stoned 3 times, and plenty of missed opportunities at an empty net were our downfall. The effort was definitely there, so I'm not worried about them coming out and competing. All season long we've bounced back from a loss/poor showing with a complete effort... I see no reason why that won't happen tonight.

One shift, one period, one game...

Go Q!

QUBobcats70
03-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Mark,

Happy birthday, I have couple of extra passes for the Bobcat Hospitality Den. If you have the time Iíll buy you and Luke a drink, or two, to celebrate your birthday.

If the team plays 60 minutes tonight like they did for most of the first period last night they should be fine. I thought Cornell played well in the second period, and their goalie was outstanding in the third. Their band and fans are always entertaining.

There must have been a full moon last night Ė the stat sheet showed less than a sellout, but the game was listed as a sellout before the game, and even a sign at the road entrance stated that no tickets were available. Also, it got to be a joke in the stands as to how late the PA announcer took to announce the goals and penalties.

MarkEagleUSA
03-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Happy birthday, I have couple of extra passes for the Bobcat Hospitality Den. If you have the time Iíll buy you and Luke a drink, or two, to celebrate your birthday.Thanks, but I don't drink (anymore) and we're having a big dinner this afternoon so I think I'll pass on the Den. I really appreciate the offer, you're much too kind... :o

Of course, I can't speak for Luke so if he's interested he can drink for me! ;)

Besides, all I want for my birthday is a couple of Bobcat victories! :cool:

If the team plays 60 minutes tonight like they did for most of the first period last night they should be fine. I thought Cornell played well in the second period, and their goalie was outstanding in the third.That's the key: 60 minutes with no letdown. Iles was good but left some really juicy rebounds all night. He can be beat if the guys keep peppering him with rubber. As I said, I really think the seniors are going to step up and lead by example tonight. That will filter down the lineup and inspire everyone.

Their band and fans are always entertaining.They do travel well and are quite organized and emotional when it comes to supporting their team. My hope is that we can someday develop that kind of following for the Bobcats.

QUAlum2004
03-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Just got to Hamden. Pumped for the game and the pregame at side street.

ZYanksRule
03-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Hockey's a really simple game: The Bobcats had been perfect on their last 25 PK's. They allow two last night, and that's your ballgame right there.

MarkEagleUSA
03-16-2013, 02:36 PM
Bryce Van Brabant will sit tonight after being given a 1-game suspension (http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2013/03/16_quinnipiacs_van_brabant_suspended.php) by the ECAC. He was given a 2-min penalty for elbowing at the 10:32 mark in the 1st. While not stated in the release, my guess is that the league deemed it to be intentional contact to the head.

BVB is a big, imposing presence on the ice and his absence will be huge. The $64,000 question is who dresses in his place?

QUBobcats70
03-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Interesting decision this afternoon by the league - Bryce Van Brabant is suspended for the game tonight. I know he had a two-minute penalty in the first period, but a game suspension? They must have seen something on the game tape...

Osorojo
03-16-2013, 02:51 PM
They just lost two out of three to a couple of doormats. Correct? So much for building momentum before the big tournament.

You should forward Mike Schafer a copy of your post to hang in the Cornell dressing room.

Larson210
03-16-2013, 03:54 PM
I'd assume, based on playing time over the season, that Alex Barron will be in the lineup tonight. I could see Luczyk goin' in if they want size, but this is such a big game that I'd want someone whose played more. Soren had that big goal a few weeks ago too and I hear he is extremely competitive in practice. I'll stay with Barron though. Things were pretty heated yesterday and I won't be surprised if someone picks up a 10 min or a game misconduct at some point. If its a defenseman then AB can drop down to D. While he isn't a great player, this would be great experience for him.

MarkEagleUSA
03-16-2013, 04:04 PM
I'd assume, based on playing time over the season, that Alex Barron will be in the lineup tonight. I could see Luczyk goin' in if they want size, but this is such a big game that I'd want someone whose played more. Soren had that big goal a few weeks ago too and I hear he is extremely competitive in practice. I'll stay with Barron though.While I tend to agree with Barron, I don't think he complements JST and Harvey the way BVB does. Luczyk might be a better choice save for the experience factor. Now I'm wondering if Rand will juggle the lines to compensate? That could lead to a whole new set of problems IMHO.

Things were pretty heated yesterday and I won't be surprised if someone picks up a 10 min or a game misconduct at some point. If its a defenseman then AB can drop down to D. While he isn't a great player, this would be great experience for him.It's Cornell, of course it gets heated. For that reason I'd be more inclined to go with size, but I don't stand behind the bench (and there's good reason for that ;) ). Hopefully we play with more discipline than that as well.

ZYanksRule
03-16-2013, 09:49 PM
Well, that was fun. Especially seeing it on NESN. Great hustle by QU getting that done in short order -- I know that's not an easy task.

That being said, whether it's 1-0 or 10-0, it all counts for one win. Still gotta win it tomorrow night.

And please, for all that is holy, send the least classy team in our league packing tomorrow night. Can't bear to see those guys win on our ice.

GO BOBCATS!

Back2BackU-MnPride2002
03-16-2013, 10:13 PM
WOW Q!!! 10-zip??? Dang. Trying to send a message or something? Some people must have said something or dropped the "overrated" word after yesterdays loss and the team must of say, "we'll show em!!!" and that they did. WOW. I'm impressed.

Umileated
03-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Well, that was fun. Especially seeing it on NESN. Great hustle by QU getting that done in short order -- I know that's not an easy task.

That being said, whether it's 1-0 or 10-0, it all counts for one win. Still gotta win it tomorrow night.

And please, for all that is holy, send the least classy team in our league packing tomorrow night. Can't bear to see those guys win on our ice.

GO BOBCATS!

Any word on NESN leaving the truck around for tomorrow? Broons and Sox are both 1:00ish games, and UNH/PC is 4:30...

ZYanksRule
03-16-2013, 10:16 PM
WOW Q!!! 10-zip??? Dang. Trying to send a message or something? Some people must have said something or dropped the "overrated" word after yesterdays loss and the team must of say, "we'll show em!!!" and that they did. WOW. I'm impressed.

It was very impressive, but games like that are a snowball rolling downhill. Sometimes it's just hard for the team getting beaten to stop it. Seven goals in the second period, it was just as much what we did (which was probably play our best game of the season), but also just as much what Cornell did (which was everything except defend or even attempt to carry the puck up the ice). It was a bloodbath.

ZYanksRule
03-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Any word on NESN leaving the truck around for tomorrow? Broons and Sox are both 1:00ish games, and UNH/PC is 4:30...

No, ESPNU is coming in because our women's basketball team is playing for the conference title tomorrow at 5, and I don't think they have the capability to do TV games from both sides of the building at the same time.

Umileated
03-16-2013, 10:25 PM
No, ESPNU is coming in because our women's basketball team is playing for the conference title tomorrow at 5, and I don't think they have the capability to do TV games from both sides of the building at the same time.

Drat. My hunch is that ESPNU is contracting the feed from NESN, and they were just crafty about getting the double duty. They've been clever like that with many of the NBC/CBS national games throughout the season (national guys get one night, NESN gets the other).

ZYanksRule
03-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Drat. My hunch is that ESPNU is contracting the feed from NESN, and they were just crafty about getting the double duty. They've been clever like that with many of the NBC/CBS national games throughout the season (national guys get one night, NESN gets the other).

That probably didn't happen this time, only because this was a QU broadcast, so Quinnipiac hired the crew/truck/etc, not NESN directly.

MarkEagleUSA
03-16-2013, 10:36 PM
What a glorious birthday present! Thumped 'em good. Possibly the best effort out of the Bobcats this season. They came out swinging and never let up. By the time Andy Iles knew what was going on, he was on the bench. Cornell could not establish any presence offensively and they were outmatched when we were in their zone. An excellent effort tonight.

Hopefully the scrum at the end of the 2nd won't cost either team tomorrow. The refs spent nearly the whole intermission at the scorers booth going over everything. I've never seen that before.

The crowd was outstanding too, even without any students. The Bank was buzzing all game long. Just incredible.

Now to sit down with a nice big hunk of birthday cake and watch the replay. :cool:

Mike Hutter
03-16-2013, 10:41 PM
What a glorious birthday present! Thumped 'em good. Possibly the best effort out of the Bobcats this season. They came out swinging and never let up. By the time Andy Iles knew what was going on, he was on the bench. Cornell could not establish any presence offensively and they were outmatched when we were in their zone. An excellent effort tonight.

Hopefully the scrum at the end of the 2nd won't cost either team tomorrow. The refs spent nearly the whole intermission at the scorers booth going over everything. I've never seen that before.

The crowd was outstanding too, even without any students. The Bank was buzzing all game long. Just incredible.

Now to sit down with a nice big hunk of birthday cake and watch the replay. :cool:

Quite the impressive win tonight for your team. In looking at the box score. it lists 19 penalties for Cornell and 15 for Q. What the heck happened in the second period?