Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 Post Season - The view from the top...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 Post Season - The view from the top...

Originally posted by Larson210 View Post
    Or Ken Sweeten.
    Kiss Cam with Ken Sweeten? I'm in. The only thing that could be better is if Shelby Wignall or Amanda Kessel come up into the stands during their off game at next year's Frozen Four and beg me to be on the cam with them. If it's a choice between that or Quinnipiac winning the national title ... the Bobcats can wait.

Go Bobcats!

Comment

Only 2 1/2 days to get your picks in on Round 2 of the ECAC Pick The Playoffs : http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...-Playoffs-2013
      You have until 7PM Friday.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Yes, that is correct Saturday's game on NESN at 7pm and Friday & Sunday's on Front Row. But....

If WBBall play NEC Championship game at 5pm on Sunday (ESPNU) and if the MHOK QFinals goes to game 3, the MHOK game 3 will be played at 7:30pm.

Comment

Originally posted by FredDavenport View Post
          Yes, that is correct Saturday's game on NESN at 7pm and Friday & Sunday's on Front Row. But....

If WBBall play NEC Championship game at 5pm on Sunday (ESPNU) and if the MHOK QFinals goes to game 3, the MHOK game 3 will be played at 7:30pm.
          Too bad ESPN can't just move the cameras over to cover the hockey game.

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
            I think I saw that the Saturday game is on nesn... Friday and Sundays games will be on front row I take it?? Anyone know for sure?
            Yes, that is correct Saturday's game on NESN at 7pm and Friday & Sunday's on Front Row.
            The ECAC has an agreement with America ONE to stream all the 1st and 2nd round games. I believe the games are $9.00 each!. They will not be available for free on Front Row as far as I can tell.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              The ECAC has an agreement with America ONE to stream all the 1st and 2nd round games. I believe the games are $9.00 each!. They will not be available for free on Front Row as far as I can tell.
              The ECAC does have an exclusivity clause, and do intend on enforcing it (we found out the hard way three years ago).

Comment

Sunday could get very interesting if we go to 3 games with Cornell. For the sake of the women's basketball team, we should do our best to sweep the Big Red in two and let the women have Sunday to themselves!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                Northeast Regional:
                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  Hmmm, someone should tell Fred that.

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
                    Hmmm, someone should tell Fred that.
                    As a friend sort of told me last night: If Fred says something, go with whoever says the opposite.

I can't understand why the ECAC would want to charge money -- let alone $9 -- to watch league quarterfinal games. As has been mentioned here before, I think it's been a fairly substantial boost to Quinnipiac's fan appeal (and its ability to showcase itself to fans throughout the country) to show its games for free on Front Row. The league is fooling itself if it thinks anyone, aside from maybe a few players' families way back home, will be purchasing games for $9 each. But go on, keep limiting the reach of the league and turning away interested fans. Thx a lot.

Anyway, Quinnipiac continues its streak of hitting hot goalies this weekend. Hopefully the defense settles back into its dominant state it played with during the streak and doesn't commit those careless turnovers at its own blue line. It was pretty concerning over the last month how many goals we practically handed other teams. It would have been even more had Hartzy not stopped a few breakaway and 2-on-1 chances.

Go Bobcats!

Comment

I'll be paying the $9, so there's one for you. Cornell fans are used to paying for online streaming (crappy online streaming at that!), so I'm just looking forward to being able to see the puck this weekend - hopefully in the back of Q's net!
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by ThxMuch View Post
                        As a friend sort of told me last night: If Fred says something, go with whoever says the opposite.

I can't understand why the ECAC would want to charge money -- let alone $9 -- to watch league quarterfinal games. As has been mentioned here before, I think it's been a fairly substantial boost to Quinnipiac's fan appeal (and its ability to showcase itself to fans throughout the country) to show its games for free on Front Row. The league is fooling itself if it thinks anyone, aside from maybe a few players' families way back home, will be purchasing games for $9 each. But go on, keep limiting the reach of the league and turning away interested fans. Thx a lot.

Anyway, Quinnipiac continues its streak of hitting hot goalies this weekend. Hopefully the defense settles back into its dominant state it played with during the streak and doesn't commit those careless turnovers at its own blue line. It was pretty concerning over the last month how many goals we practically handed other teams. It would have been even more had Hartzy not stopped a few breakaway and 2-on-1 chances.

Go Bobcats!
                        The ECAC has to make money somehow. One big difference from the regular season to the post-season is that the ECAC is paying for teams and team representatives (e.g. bands, cheerleaders, etc.) to be lodged at the visiting sites. There's even that option if you were to be playing Yale at the Whale (RPI took it last year when playing Union). Without ECAC-set admission costs (although some schools will use the regular season prices), the playoffs end up becoming a losing business proposition. Obviously a television station will pay a set amount to the league to broadcast the event, and I'd assume it's an amount comparable to an amount of money the league expects to lose from said "moochers" that choose to stay home instead of going to the event.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          I'll be paying the $9, so there's one for you. Cornell fans are used to paying for online streaming (crappy online streaming at that!), so I'm just looking forward to being able to see the puck this weekend - hopefully in the back of Q's net!
                          The America One feed if like last weekend is $9.95 per evening. If it is like last weekend, the $9.95 gives you the right to watch any of the 4 ECAC games. That is what happened last weekend when I paid the $9.95 to see Clarkson- Brown. It has a PIP feed that you can PIP the other 3 games and watch one game. One caveat to this that I found was that if I ran the PIP, the PIP games a lot of time would freeze up and the only way they restarted was to switch with the main screen game and then switch back. Was kind of a pain in the rear but I was able to watch whatever game I wanted to. I must say, the video quality from Brown was good, the video quality from Dartmouth was plain AWFUL. Princeton due to Hobey Baker rink being so small and the camera being only probably 15 feet above the ice surface made watching that game impossible though the video quality was good. And SLU the video quality was barely acceptable.

I have seen the video from RPI and IMHO it is the best in the ECAC for quality and to watch a game (their instant replay is great). Quinnipiac is a close second. Yale has good video and it has Addie (see the Colgate thread for more on this) . I have not seen a video from Lynah but I have seen the highlights on the ECAC site and have to say this is gonna be the worst for video. So stop your *****ing and fork over $9.95 for 2 hours of some great ECAC Hockey. I have my credit card ready.
                          Last edited by vicb; 03-14-2013, 01:07 PM.
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            The ECAC has to make money somehow. One big difference from the regular season to the post-season is that the ECAC is paying for teams and team representatives (e.g. bands, cheerleaders, etc.) to be lodged at the visiting sites. There's even that option if you were to be playing Yale at the Whale (RPI took it last year when playing Union). Without ECAC-set admission costs (although some schools will use the regular season prices), the playoffs end up becoming a losing business proposition. Obviously a television station will pay a set amount to the league to broadcast the event, and I'd assume it's an amount comparable to an amount of money the league expects to lose from said "moochers" that choose to stay home instead of going to the event.
                            No idea where you got this idea, but the ECAC doesn't pay jack toward bands going to playoff games. That's on the bands to figure out.
                            APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                              The America One feed if like last weekend is $9.95 per evening. If it is like last weekend, the $9.95 gives you the right to watch any of the 4 ECAC games. That is what happened last weekend when I paid the $9.95 to see Clarkson- Brown. It has a PIP feed that you can PIP the other 3 games and watch one game. One caveat to this that I found was that if I ran the PIP, the PIP games a lot of time would freeze up and the only way they restarted was to switch with the main screen game and then switch back. Was kind of a pain in the rear but I was able to watch whatever game I wanted to. I must say, the video quality from Brown was good, the video quality from Dartmouth was plain AWFUL. Princeton due to Hobey Baker rink being so small and the camera being only probably 15 feet above the ice surface made watching that game impossible though the video quality was good. And SLU the video quality was barely acceptable.

I have seen the video from RPI and IMHO it is the best in the ECAC for quality and to watch a game (their instant replay is great). Quinnipiac is a close second. Yale has good video and it has Addie (see the Colgate thread for more on this) . I have not seen a video from Lynah but I have seen the highlights on the ECAC site and have to say this is gonna be the worst for video. So stop your *****ing and fork over $9.95 for 2 hours of some great ECAC Hockey. I will be.
                              What group HASN'T talked about Addie? Maybe when Yale's in town and Q-Pac has their new video board, a special kiss cam can be arranged...

Good luck with the Union video feed. I believe they broadcast from the press box. As much as I like end seats for watching a game, not exactly that good for TV.

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                                No idea where you got this idea, but the ECAC doesn't pay jack toward bands going to playoff games. That's on the bands to figure out.
                                But they still get the 25 tickets, yes?

Comment

Working...
                                X