Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 Post Season - The view from the top...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 Post Season - The view from the top...

Nice article in the Hartford Courant about the program's humble beginnings and a man who started with little and really paid his dues in bringing the program to where it is today:
    http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...0,217249.story

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      You realize we did that to give Brown hope, right?
      Ha ha ha! Thanks for the thought.

- D

Comment

Booked a room! Heard all-session tickets should be available through the Q box office tomorrow afternoon. Steel City here I come!

Still can't believe what I witnessed this weekend! A team that could have easily folded up their tent when they went down 3-1 to Canisius early in the 3rd on Saturday refused to quit! They dug deep and took control. What an impressive finish over the Griffs. You could almost sense the tidal change after we scored to make it 3-2. Canisius was skating around wondering what to do next. When we tied it, I figured we'd go to OT but they kept digging and pulled it out. Kevin Bui yet again with two of the biggest goals in Quinnipiac history! I say we rename Boomer to Bui the Bobcat!

Sunday was a shock. I expected a close, tough game but Matt Peca must've had too much Easter candy. The kid was on fire and single handedly sett the tone and the pace of that game. By the time Union realized what was going on, it was over. Just an impressive performance by him, with plenty of support from the team.

After Hartzell's shaky start Saturday, he settled down and gave the team the opportunity to do their thing. He was stellar on Sunday.

On to Pittsburgh and the St. Cloud Huskies. Looming in the mix is a possible showdown with Yale in the final. One game at a time though. Focus on Thursday's semi-final as that's all the matters. One shift, one period, one game!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
          Booked a room! Heard all-session tickets should be available through the Q box office tomorrow afternoon. Steel City here I come!

Still can't believe what I witnessed this weekend! A team that could have easily folded up their tent when they went down 3-1 to Canisius early in the 3rd on Saturday refused to quit! They dug deep and took control. What an impressive finish over the Griffs. You could almost sense the tidal change after we scored to make it 3-2. Canisius was skating around wondering what to do next. When we tied it, I figured we'd go to OT but they kept digging and pulled it out. Kevin Bui yet again with two of the biggest goals in Quinnipiac history! I say we rename Boomer to Bui the Bobcat!

Sunday was a shock. I expected a close, tough game but Matt Peca must've had too much Easter candy. The kid was on fire and single handedly sett the tone and the pace of that game. By the time Union realized what was going on, it was over. Just an impressive performance by him, with plenty of support from the team.

After Hartzell's shaky start Saturday, he settled down and gave the team the opportunity to do their thing. He was stellar on Sunday.

On to Pittsburgh and the St. Cloud Huskies. Looming in the mix is a possible showdown with Yale in the final. One game at a time though. Focus on Thursday's semi-final as that's all the matters. One shift, one period, one game!
          Nice....did you find a room in downtown Pittsburgh or just outside of the downtown area?
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
            Nice....did you find a room in downtown Pittsburgh or just outside of the downtown area?
            Monroeville, about 15 miles east of the city right off 76.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Congratulations Quinnipiac! Great performances this weekend, glad you were also able to bounce back after a lackluster performance in AC (see: Yale).

Peca is an unbelievable player on a team full of talent - his hatty last night was incredible.

Good luck in Pittsburgh. Hope to see some of you there!

Comment

Bank box office told me Wednesday for ticket packages.

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

Comment

I'm still trying to recover from the roller-coaster weekend for Union, but want to give big congratulations to the Bobcats and all their fans. You have a fantastic team and I don't think any amount of rest would have helped U on Sunday. It isn't often you get a team with 4 really good senior defensemen and a great goaltender, so enjoy the ride. As much as I shouldn't show partisanship for one ECAC team over another, I've got to go with the ex-Union coach Bill Riga and root for the Bobcats to bring an NC back to the ECAC. Good luck in Pittsburgh!
                  UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

My understanding is season ticket holders are able to buy tickets as of 1:00 pm today. General sales start Thursday morning.

My hotel is booked and my tickets are ordered! Pittsburgh, here I come!

I still can't believe that "Quinnipiac Bobcats" and "Frozen Four" are being used in the same sentence! Simply amazing.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Mark, you are correct. I just returned from the box office (1:00 PM), and ordered 2 tickets. At 1:00 PM there were approx. 250 tickets left. JF

Comment

Just got our rooms booked for Pittsburgh where the QU alumni has blocks of allotted rooms.

2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Tournament

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

Comment

Are they selling championship game only tickets?

I can't make the semi final, but I can make the final and already have a few people on board.

Already have a plan to drive there and back in the same night!...maybe..

So excited, even my friends who aren't Alums are getting into it. I dragged them to the Bank and to AC this year.
                          Go Quinnipiac Bobcats!
                          Go New Jersey Devils!
                          Hockey is life.
                          www.DevilsInsiders.com

Comment

Originally posted by QU_NJD_84 View Post
                            Are they selling championship game only tickets?

I can't make the semi final, but I can make the final and already have a few people on board.

Already have a plan to drive there and back in the same night!...maybe..

So excited, even my friends who aren't Alums are getting into it. I dragged them to the Bank and to AC this year.
                            Will have to go through the secondary markets for championship game only.

Comment

Originally posted by MinniQUFan View Post
                              Will have to go through the secondary markets for championship game only.
                              ah thatll get pricey. Might as well buy both games.. would still probably be cheaper.

Any idea how much the tickets from the school are going for?
                              Go Quinnipiac Bobcats!
                              Go New Jersey Devils!
                              Hockey is life.
                              www.DevilsInsiders.com

Comment

Originally posted by QU_NJD_84 View Post
                                ah thatll get pricey. Might as well buy both games.. would still probably be cheaper.

Any idea how much the tickets from the school are going for?
                                $200 for the all session pass. Single game tickets for the championship will not be that expensive. Take a look at stub hub or the USCHO ticket exchange. Looks like you'll pay more than a 100, but well below 200. Those prices could very well go down too.

I'll be doing the same thing... coming just for the championship game if we make it... might be a good idea for QU athletics to put out a notice to fans about best ways to secure single game championship tickets. People are going to look and see the game as officially sold out even though there will be various avenues to secure tickets at prices near face value. May deter people from making the trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X