Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 Post Season - The view from the top...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 Post Season - The view from the top...

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Bui for President!
    Originally posted by Larson210 View Post
    Bui for President.
    Is there an echo in here?

Who else could have scored that game winner tonight?It was a fitting end to Kevin's career at the Bank!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Is there an echo in here?

Who else could have scored that game winner tonight?It was a fitting end to Kevin's career at the Bank!
      There were two perfect ways for that game to end: Langlois getting his 100th career point on a game winner, and Bui getting the game winner. Obviously, I am not upset with the latter.

That was a heck of a game to cover. I had my fun in the student section for last night's 10-0 drubbing, but possibly had even more working the game up top tonight. Simply an experience I don't think I'll be forgetting any time soon.

Off to A.C! Go Bobcats!

Comment

Originally posted by MSchvatz44 View Post
        There were two perfect ways for that game to end: Langlois getting his 100th career point on a game winner, and Bui getting the game winner. Obviously, I am not upset with the latter.

That was a heck of a game to cover. I had my fun in the student section for last night's 10-0 drubbing, but possibly had even more working the game up top tonight. Simply an experience I don't think I'll be forgetting any time soon.

Off to A.C! Go Bobcats!
        I was student media when I was at QU, and I can say without question I had more fun writing and covering it than I did just being a fan. Some people think we're crazy when we say that, but different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Maybe he'll announce tomorrow that he's never bringing his team back to the Bank like he did out in Colorado.

Get a grip, Mike. The better team won this weekend. It's not like the Big Red didn't have a chance tonight. They were in the game all the way until Mr. Bui sent them packing for the looong trip back to Ithaca.
          What a petulant child. Would have been brutal for that team to get to AC on our behalf had we lost.

That program has less than no class. The rest of the nation cheers Cornell's exit.

Comment

Congratulations on what must have been a nail-biter of a win! Good luck next weekend! Don't take Brown lightly-they are a very solid team with an incredibly hot goalie.

Comment

And here come the excuses out of Ithaca:

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2013/03/...ac-semifinals/

Schafer added that Iles was a game-time decision this weekend after injuring himself last weekend against Princeton.
              By the way, great job by Brian Farrell. That's not an easy story to write, that was very well done.

Comment

Congrats, guys! You sent Schafer home crying and added a magical moment to the season. Very appropriate that Bui got the GWG.

Good luck in AC. I hope we don't have to play you guys, but it would be a hell of a game if we did.
                Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                  What a petulant child. Would have been brutal for that team to get to AC on our behalf had we lost.

That program has less than no class. The rest of the nation cheers Cornell's exit.
                  Darn tootin'. Well done, Q-Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                    And here come the excuses out of Ithaca:

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2013/03/...ac-semifinals/
                    "Excuse"? You keep using that word but I do not think you know what it means. Does reporting on Iles being injured really make sense as an "excuse" for a game where he playing out of his mind. If Schafer had used that after the Saturday-night drubbing, I'd understand, but in what universe does it make sense for him to blame the loss on Andy being less than 100% after a game where he was essentially the only reason we made it to 2 OTs despite being outshot 2-1?

Here, I'll help you out:
                    Originally posted by Mike Schafer
                    Well we normally expect Iles to leave his net and pop in a few goals every game, so with the injury from Princeton last weekend, he just wasn't able to score as much as we would have liked.
                    Excuse.

Unfortunately, our defensemen tried some of that New Haven "pizza" before the game and weren't able to play up to their full potential. If it weren't for the pizza, they never would have allowed 60+ shots on goal.
                    Excuse.

Well, I stumbled upon a cabal of witches and ECAC refs in a old New Haven rowhouse last night, and it turns out there really is a conspiracy against RPI! They were dipping the RPI players' jerseys into a cauldron of frog's blood, bat's eyes, and baby tears. The whole experience really shook me and I wasn't able to coach effectively tonight. If it weren't for the RPI conspiracy, I would have been better able to lead my team to victory. I also plan on submitting my nomination for FlagDude to be appointed director of the FBI...remarkable detective work on his part.
                    Excuse.

Andy Iles was a game-time decision this weekend after injuring himself last weekend against Princeton, and that made it even more remarkable the way he was able to singlehandedly keep our team in the game for the last two periods and one-and-a-half overtimes.
                    Not an excuse.

You're grasping at straws, buddy. We know you don't like Cornell, but don't be so desperate with your hate

Congrats on a great series and good luck in Atlantic City next weekend.
                    Last edited by LynahScott; 03-18-2013, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Great win last night. Wish i was there to see it. It was great to knock a classless team in Cornell out of the playoffs and start their off season early.
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        You're one to talk... Cornell probably started it...
                        Shouldn't you be busy *****ing and the moaning in the RPI thread about how the refs' and the league's conspiracy against RPI continues, and how the entire NCAA field would have already laid down and forfeited the national championship to RPI if it weren't for the dang refs?

No? Maybe at least something about how the refs screwed RPI out of a Stanley Cup or a Congressional Medal of Honor or something...

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                          Great win last night. Wish i was there to see it. It was great to knock a classless team in Cornell out of the playoffs and start their off season early.
                          Talk about classy.

It took you double overtime in 3 games to knock off the 9th seed in the ECAC. I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too hard just yet.

That said, congrats to the Q. Your rapid rise from league newbie to the top of the standings has been quite impressive. I know some (most) of you probably won't like this comparison, but Q this year reminds me of Cornell in years past - a hard-working group of guys who buy into the coach's system, play solid defense, and bust their tails every shift. Good luck in Atlantic City.

Oh, and happy birthday, Mark. Guess your birthday luck didn't run out on Saturday. Dammit.

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                            Talk about classy.

It took you double overtime in 3 games to knock off the 9th seed in the ECAC. I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too hard just yet.

That said, congrats to the Q. Your rapid rise from league newbie to the top of the standings has been quite impressive. I know some (most) of you probably won't like this comparison, but Q this year reminds me of Cornell in years past - a hard-working group of guys who buy into the coach's system, play solid defense, and bust their tails every shift. Good luck in Atlantic City.

Oh, and happy birthday, Mark. Guess your birthday luck didn't run out on Saturday. Dammit.
                            Cornell may be the 9th seed but the talent on that team speaks otherwise. They are closer to a top 5 ECAC had they played like it earlier in the season. I knew going in it was a tricky team though I didn't think it would be this hard.
                            QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                            2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                            2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                            2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                            https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                            https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                            https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
                              Thanks. I actually think the comparison is a good one. While I'm still a relative newbie, having only followed this team since '07, this group of guys worked harder and showed more heart than any previous squad.

It was a great way to celebrate, that's for sure! I've been to the quarterfinals at Harvard, St. Lawrence, Union (and the infamous 5OT win), and Colgate. They were all very long rides home. To finally win one, at home, was sweet to say the least.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LynahScott View Post
                                Shouldn't you be busy *****ing and the moaning in the RPI thread about how the refs' and the league's conspiracy against RPI continues, and how the entire NCAA field would have already laid down and forfeited the national championship to RPI if it weren't for the dang refs?

No? Maybe at least something about how the refs screwed RPI out of a Stanley Cup or a Congressional Medal of Honor or something...
                                After reading what is quoted above, Q-Pac winning is a victory for all of the ECAC, even for those that see it as bittersweet.

Comment

Working...
                                X