PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Bobcats '12-'13 Post Season - The view from the top...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

ZYanksRule
03-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Talk about classy. :rolleyes:

It took you double overtime in 3 games to knock off the 9th seed in the ECAC. I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too hard just yet.

A nine-seed that had the talent of an NCAA Tournament team, but just couldn't get it together.

Here comes the next phase -- saying this series win wasn't impressive because their team just isn't very good.

So predictable. Enjoy the golf course.

QUAlum2004
03-18-2013, 12:12 PM
A nine-seed that had the talent of an NCAA Tournament team, but just couldn't get it together.

Here comes the next phase -- saying this series win wasn't impressive because their team just isn't very good.

No ****. That 9 seed was loaded with 8 NHL Draft picks. They should have been a higher seeded team.

DisplacedCornellian
03-18-2013, 12:30 PM

No...it was impressive. Quinnipiac is a solid team, and took it to Cornell. Iles saved Cornell's bacon more than a few times last night. Without him, it could have been ugly. So yes, you won a hard-fought series. Celebrate. Enjoy it. But it was a series you were supposed to win - not the NCAA championship game. I understand and appreciate the enthusiasm - Q is reaching new heights this year. But you can celebrate without denigrating the opposing team. You come off like a whiny, envious little twit with a serious case of little-brother syndrome. Saying Schafer was "making excuses" by mentioning that Iles played through injury? Idiotic. Iles played one hell of a game last night - Schafer was just giving a compliment to his netminder. Here's a snippet:

Im really proud of Andy Iles, Cornell head coach Mike Schafer said. One of the reasons I pulled him out of the net last night is he hurt himself in Princeton. That shows the athlete that he is; that he could play and perform when hes not 100 percent. (http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2013/03/18_quinnipiac_responds,_advances.php)

Anyway, good luck in AC.

No ****. That 9 seed was loaded with 8 NHL Draft picks. They should have been a higher seeded team.

Being stocked with NHL draft picks does not guarantee success. Just ask Harvard. ;)

A Shot and a Goal
03-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Just booked a room at the Tropicana and bought tickets to the games! Is it Friday yet?

Hey MEUSA, You know me. I'm a Life-Of-The-Party kind o'guy.:D Far be it from me ever to try to rain on your parade with your QU lads doing so well. However, I'm here to inform you that Denver is gonna pulverize the Bob Katz, and not only that, Denver is gonna do it this week!

That's right. You heard me: Denver is gonna wipe the floor with the Bob Katz this week.

Uhhh, yeah. In the first round of the NIT. Tuesday night. In Magness Arena. Versus the Ohio University Bob Katz. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

And have a terrific time in Atlantic City later this week. Good luck to your squad, although I don't think it will need much luck. And I guess there was never a doubt in game three versus the Cornells. Had 'em all the way, piece o'cake, got this one in the bag all the way, kind of game. Better keep your cardiologist on speed dial if there are going to be any more of those. Enjoy AC. ;)

ZYanksRule
03-18-2013, 01:15 PM
No...it was impressive. Quinnipiac is a solid team, and took it to Cornell. Iles saved Cornell's bacon more than a few times last night. Without him, it could have been ugly. So yes, you won a hard-fought series. Celebrate. Enjoy it. But it was a series you were supposed to win - not the NCAA championship game. I understand and appreciate the enthusiasm - Q is reaching new heights this year. But you can celebrate without denigrating the opposing team. You come off like a whiny, envious little twit with a serious case of little-brother syndrome. Saying Schafer was "making excuses" by mentioning that Iles played through injury? Idiotic. Iles played one hell of a game last night - Schafer was just giving a compliment to his netminder. Here's a snippet:

“I’m really proud of Andy Iles,” Cornell head coach Mike Schafer said. “One of the reasons I pulled him out of the net last night is he hurt himself in Princeton. That shows the athlete that he is; that he could play and perform when he’s not 100 percent.” (http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2013/03/18_quinnipiac_responds,_advances.php)

Anyway, good luck in AC.

Being stocked with NHL draft picks does not guarantee success. Just ask Harvard. ;)

Have a great summer.

LTsatch
03-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned the post that Cornell hit in OT. Quite a pucker moment for Q, but they responded.

MarkEagleUSA
03-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Surprised no one has mentioned the post that Cornell hit in OT. Quite a pucker moment for Q, but they responded.There were several of those both ways (Chip Malafronte reported a total of 8 combined). I froze at that Cornell shot that ricocheted off the cross bar (?) and ended up at the top of the stands.

MarkEagleUSA
03-18-2013, 01:54 PM
But you can celebrate without denigrating the opposing team.Eh, it's all in good fun... hopefully... I think... :p

You come off like a whiny, envious little twitThat could describe almost anyone on USCHO. :eek:

with a serious case of little-brother syndrome.Doesn't Cornell consider everyone little brothers? ;)

Anyway, good luck in AC.Thanks. :cool:

Being stocked with NHL draft picks does not guarantee success. Just ask Harvard. ;):eek:

MarkEagleUSA
03-18-2013, 01:56 PM
And there goes number 1 in the USCHO poll (http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=uscho1m&week=poll), even though we took more 1st place votes than Minnesota. No matter, still #1 in the PairWise and looking good for the regionals.

ZYanksRule
03-18-2013, 02:01 PM
And there goes number 1 in the USCHO poll (http://www.uscho.com/rankings/?data=uscho1m&week=poll), even though we took more 1st place votes than Minnesota. No matter, still #1 in the PairWise and looking good for the regionals.

Very weird to have five more first-place votes but be 10 points behind Minnesota. What that means is someone basically biased the poll by putting us 10th, or something. Which is ridiculous.

Whatever. Screw the doubters.

And, to put the Iles thing to bed, my point isn't to minimize it -- if he really was injured, my hats off to him. That's a tremendous thing.

I just doubt the veracity of Schafer's claim that Iles was actually injured. Schafer says that's why Iles was pulled in Game 2? That's ridiculous -- no one is leaving their goaltender out to dry like that. And, the way Iles played -- and the fact I can't ever remember seeing him flex anything, or appear shook up -- I have a hard time believing he was actually hurt.

Again, if he was hurt, my hats off to him. That's remarkable, if true.

QUAlum2004
03-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Very weird to have five more first-place votes but be 10 points behind Minnesota. What that means is someone basically biased the poll by putting us 10th, or something. Which is ridiculous.

And, to put the Iles thing to bed, my point isn't to minimize it -- if he really was injured, my hats off to him. That's a tremendous thing.

I just doubt the veracity of Schafer's claim that Iles was actually injured.

I think its the CCHA writer. That person has basically put us low in the polls for weeks even when we were #1.

MarkEagleUSA
03-18-2013, 02:08 PM
And, to put the Iles thing to bed, my point isn't to minimize it -- if he really was injured, my hats off to him. That's a tremendous thing.Saturday aside, if he was hurt this weekend, Schafer might want to figure out how to keep him from healing for next year! The kid was the best one wearing red this weekend, and definitely gave Cornell an opportunity to win it.

ZYanksRule
03-18-2013, 02:15 PM
I think its the CCHA writer. That person has basically put us low in the polls for weeks even when we were #1.

This is a good thing for us. Hopefully the boys will be ****ed off and take it out on Brown!

LGR03
03-18-2013, 03:20 PM

I just doubt the veracity of Schafer's claim that Iles was actually injured. Schafer says that's why Iles was pulled in Game 2? That's ridiculous -- no one is leaving their goaltender out to dry like that. And, the way Iles played -- and the fact I can't ever remember seeing him flex anything, or appear shook up -- I have a hard time believing he was actually hurt.

Again, if he was hurt, my hats off to him. That's remarkable, if true.

He said one of the reasons not the reason. I'm guessing the scoreboard was also a factor. I have a hard time believing Schafer would make up an injury. I can believe he left Q off his ballot this week though. :p I can also believe that plenty of voters put Q behind BC, Lowell, and even Yale.

In any event, hard fought series that was in many ways a representation of Cornell's whole season over the course of three nights. Good, if somewhat lucky at times start, coming unhinged and undisciplined, making a late charge and missing golden opportunities.

I haven't seen much of Hartzell before this weekend but I wasn't very impressed with what I saw. In game three he looked downright lost at times. He got beat six times for two goals, three pipes, and a quick whistle and in the OT didn't control the puck too well when it was shot at him. Hopefully for Q's sake he got the big game jitters out of his system. NCAA tournament teams typically have more than one line that will threaten to score. TV games also negate some of the advantage of having depth and balance.

Samuels-Thomas is going to be the type of player who in two years makes everyone in the league wonders "how has he not graduated yet?" He certainly plays like an upperclassman. Who will join him and Ferlin on the first team ECAC list in 2015? :p

Good luck the rest of the way. Try not to embarrass your conference like the last time you were in the NCAA tournament. :p But seriously, here's hoping Q, U, Y, and maybe even Brown represent the conference well in two weeks.

MarkEagleUSA
03-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Still #1 in the USAToday poll (http://collegehockeyinc.com/pages/national-polls). :cool:

fellowes
03-18-2013, 03:48 PM

I feel your pain, she is honestly the worst.

Signed, every CCHA fan not affiliated with UM.

MinniQUFan
03-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Other than the Athletics Media page, anywhere else there would be highlights from last night's game?

FlagDUDE08
03-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Other than the Athletics Media page, anywhere else there would be highlights from last night's game?

ECAC website, perhaps?

MinniQUFan
03-18-2013, 04:19 PM
ECAC website, perhaps?

That's a winner.

Thanks!

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/video/2012-13/20131703_Quinnipiac_Cornell_Game3-desktop

MinniQUFan
03-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Watching the highlights... what a pass to set up the winner.